When God Breaks Through- A Warrior Mama Podcast
4.7 out of 5 stars
4.7 Based on 23 reviews
5 out of 5 stars
Encouraged in Kingdom focused parenting!
Bethany brings such rich fruit to the table as she shared wisdom and insight that is based upon her experience as a mother of eight and also as a woman walking with Christ. This is the kind of podcast mentorship that I prioritize!
5 out of 5 stars
My go to podcast to recenter myself in parenting.
I have throughly enjoyed this podcast since I started it at the beginning of 2022. The calmness of Bethany’s voice is my vowel in how I speak with my kids. Her voice is so calming and when I get worked up and want to yell I try to bring my voice back to to the tone of Bethany’s voice.
5 out of 5 stars
Practical wisdom for a grandmother
Each podcast gives me wisdom as I pour into my 9 grandchildren. Bethany offers Biblical insight while “keeping it real” with stories from her own mothering.
5 out of 5 stars
So much wisdom!
I love listening to the various topics on motherhood and parenting! Bethany shares such great biblical truth on raising our kids with God’s grace! I’m so encouraged!
Hobbs in NA
5 out of 5 stars
So grateful for the transparency
Such good truth Bethany! Thank you for being honest and real and using your story to bless others ♥️
5 out of 5 stars
Real life is full of our doubt and His GRACE
Bethany talks about the real life of motherhood while introducing us to and reminding us of God’s grace. Moms (and dads) are not alone in the battle of parenthood. God’s hands, words, and Grace are all around us - and Bethany’s segments are great reminders!
Susan B. Arico
5 out of 5 stars
Excellent wisdom; practical perspective
Bethany has a unique ability to cut to the heart of the matter (when it comes to parenting) in a manner that is both insightful and relatable. She takes big picture concepts of the heart, issues of faith and character, and boils them down. I’m so grateful.
5 out of 5 stars
Come, find grace
Such a fan of Bethany Kimsey’s...her heart, her life that reflects her faith in Jesus, the grace that she has come to know and share in motherhood. Plus her voice is just so calming!! Highly recommend this podcast.
5 out of 5 stars
A blessing for my heart.
Listening to Bethany speak truth and life is truly a blessing as a woman and as a mom. She pours her heart and soul into walking with women of all ages and in all stages. Listening is like the most refreshing drink of His living water. I listen and know that it is speaking directly to me. Thank you for this ... and so much more. 💛
5 out of 5 stars
Pure Gold (for Mamas and non-Mamas alike)
Bethany is jam-packed full of wisdom—but not in a “I know more than you” kind of way—more like, “I’m in this with you and I’ll come alongside you to help you fight your battles.” This podcast is geared toward Mamas, but I personally, am not one. YET...I still get so much out of each episode. The wisdom she shares applies to other areas of life - not just motherhood. I, for one, learn SO much from Bethany. One last thing about Bethany and why I love her: she goes DEEP and keeps it REAL. She doesn’t offer up surface-level platitudes or gloss over hard truths with quick-fixes. She’s willing to “go there.” And she’s seriously the best!
5 out of 5 stars
This is a blessing!
I am so thankful for this podcast! The 25 min length is perfect, and the topics Bethany has chosen to discuss are always relevant to my journey as a mom. She shares honest experience with humility and candor. I often find myself reflecting on the gospel truths that she presented- it’s just the encouragement I need!
5 out of 5 stars
Gospel Centered Encouragement
Love that Bethany gives gospel centered encouragement in a timely manner. Easy to pop in while you’re doing laundry, washing dishes, or just need to put yourself in timeout for a moment. Easy to find yourself at her kitchen table listening to all The Lord has given her to share. ☕️❤️
5 out of 5 stars
Moms, THIS is what you NEED!!!!! Truth, hope, grace, mercy, scripture....regroup, realign your thinking and seek Him, let’s not be caught up in the moment and let the enemy win!!! This is a HOLY WAR...YES!!! Thank you Bethany!!!
5 out of 5 stars
I need these words!!
So blessed to listen in to teachings from Bethany — as she has already walked the road I’m walking as has wisdom for the journey. So grateful for her honesty and always pointing back to the Gospel!!! ❤️
5 out of 5 stars
Such a blessing!
Bethany speaks truth and grace as she encourages Mamas in all walks of life to follow Jesus more deeply and disciple their children. You will want to share with all of your friends!
5 out of 5 stars
Bethany has a gracious, calm manner. You hear the wisdom in her voice. She holds deep convictions about inviting God to a breakthrough in our mothering. You’ll learn so much from this sweet momma of eight.
5 out of 5 stars
Real truth for Real moms
This is good! Thanks for being real. None of us have this mom thing completely figured out. But together with God we can be victorious
5 out of 5 stars
When God Breaks Through
Bethany’s heart for other mothers is HUGE! She wants to share what she’s learned about growing children in God’s grace. Her genuineness shines through as she shares her stories. You will love listening as she joins you at her kitchen table over a coffee, and will come away encouraged—knowing you are not alone.
5 out of 5 stars
You want Bethany in your corner!
I’ve not met many who embody their message so much as Bethany. She has such a gentle, gospel-filled approach to parenting, and it feels like balm to my soul as a mom who STRUGGLES. Add this one to your podcast rotation ASAP.
5 out of 5 stars
Much needed mama friend pointing us to grace.
Motherhood can be a lonely, solitary journey. We doubt ourselves and worry constantly about messing up our most important mission. If you have middle of the night moments when you ask God whether you will have the energy to face the monotony of tomorrow--here is the podcast for you. Bethany's soothing voice and gentle heart will calm your fear and point your eyes (and heart) back in the right direction. Not only does she have 8 children of her own but she has sat around the table with hundreds of other Mama's and knows how to calm our fears. These tables have ranged in size and location. From tiny NYC apartment to a farmhouse in Georgia, there is noone I would rather hear from than Bethany. You will not want to miss an episode.
5 out of 5 stars
The Motherhood and Sisterhood assurance we all need!
The invitation to be Bethany’s kitchen table friend is a warm and inviting door opening into the inner workings of her heart and home. The wisdom and assurance within her message filled my cup to the rim! Knowing that she has walked the walk (8 children, my gosh!) and makes note of how God breaks through in our parenting moments makes me want to sit at her table as much as I can. What a gift it will be to be in community with her and other mother’s seeking to know God’s heart and covering over the gift of loving these precious ones in our care.
5 out of 5 stars
An Incredible Blessing to Mothers
Bethany is gifted at weaving the Gospel into the realities of every day motherhood. A must listen for all moms!
5 out of 5 stars
What a gift!!
“We need community to remind us of the gospel when circumstances and fatigue make us forget.” So thankful for the invitation to pivot to the place where God breaks through in my parenting. Downloading all the episodes now. ❤️
- Amount of episodes
- Explicit content
- Episode type
- Podcast link
- Last upload date
- November 30, 2022
- Last fetch date
- December 7, 2022 7:57 AM
- Upload range
- Bethany Kimsey
- 106. Guarding the Christmas ConversationWelcome back to the kitchen table. This week Bethany welcomes listeners into the Christmas season while helping them set their minds on the truth of the gospel. Bethany helps listeners set their eyes on Jesus during the Christmas season but assists them in staying firm as warrior mamas when they feel attacked by the enemy's lies. Children have become conditioned to believe that gifts are solely dependent on behavior. Society has seeded these lies into our children's hearts around the belief in Santa and the Christmas season. Bethany walks listeners through understanding how God sees them and how to stand in the truth of the gospel for themselves and their children. Through scripture, Bethany helps listeners: Understand the lies we are being fed in society Provides questions to ask your children Hold steadfast in God's love for us The true meaning of the Christmas season can quickly be bombarded by lies from the enemy and ultimately lead children to believe that gifts and God's love are solely dependent on performance. But, you can ground your children in God's truth through scripture and guidance. Anchoring Scriptures: Philippians 2 Ephesians 2 2:1-10 Romans 1:7 Romans 3: 9-12 Romans 5 Romans 8 Join Bethany in the Motherhood Collective, the place where motherhood makes sense. Bethany would love for you to join her. Learn more about the Motherhood Collective here. Bethany welcomes you to share some of your favorite moments or ask her any questions you’d love for her to chat about on her upcoming episodes. Connect with Bethany: Website Instagram Facebook0 comments0
- 105. How God Sees Our ChildrenWelcome back to the kitchen table, Bethany welcomes listeners into the holiday season, and while we're all excited, this time of year can pose a few challenges for mamas. Bethany brings her listeners into a conversation on setting our spiritual eyes in the right place so we can feel gratitude and rest while sometimes feeling defeated. Everywhere you look, there is societal pressure to be a certain way. Whether it's on holiday decorating, gift-buying, or the experiences you provide your children. In today's episode, Bethany is revisiting important scripture and reminding mamas of concrete truths to aid them in rerouting their vision of walking with their children during the holidays, especially when we don't feel like we're doing it well. Bethany takes listeners into the story of Martha and Mary from Luke 10:38-42 with a holiday standpoint. Through this, Bethany hones in on the remembrance of setting our hearts in the right place and God's work in our child's life. Through these truths, we can hold tight to God's love and reframe our minds in preparation for the holiday season. Anchoring Scriptures: Luke 10:38-42 Hebrews 12:2 Isaiah 43, 61:3 Ephesians 210 Psalm 103: 13-14, 139 Pray for your children with Bethany’s Free Prayer Guide . Join Bethany in the Motherhood Collective, the place where motherhood makes sense. Bethany would love for you to join her. Learn more about the Motherhood Collective here. Bethany welcomes you to share some of your favorite moments or ask her any questions you’d love for her to chat about on her upcoming episodes. Connect with Bethany: Website Instagram Facebook0 comments0
- 104. 10 Things I’ve Learned in the Middle School YearsWelcome back to the kitchen table. It’s no secret that middle school is challenging, and as Bethany walks her 6th child through middle school, she’s learned a thing or two. Bethany invites listeners into this conversation to help parents prepare, navigate, and understand when interacting with our middle school children. The tween years encompass change for children, and while it’s hard to navigate as a parent, it brings a gamut of challenges for children, too. From overcoming the pressures of society, shifting in their identity, and walking with them during their personhood development, Bethany brings listeners through her journey of 10 things she has learned through her parenthood. The middle school years often leave parents feeling lost, depleted, and unaware of how to walk with their children. Still, Bethany encourages listeners that these are some of the most significant years of work. By seeking the Lord, becoming prayer warriors, and holding tight to the Gospel, we can help our children remember their uniqueness and identity in Christ. Anchoring Scriptures: Jeremiah 29:11 Join Bethany in the Motherhood Collective, the place where motherhood makes sense. Bethany would love for you to join her. Learn more about the Motherhood Collective here. Bethany welcomes you to share some of your favorite moments or ask her any questions you’d love for her to chat about on her upcoming episodes. Connect with Bethany: Website Instagram Facebook0 comments0
- 103. 6 Things I Never Knew About MotherhoodWelcome back to the kitchen table. Bethany invites listeners into a conversation about the unexpected aspects of motherhood. This episode is relatable, raw, and encouraging whether you have one or ten kids. Bethany shares the six pivotal truths she has experienced and continues to experience in her mothering journey. Whether it's the abundance of emotion, grocery store amnesia, or the unwavering dislike of glitter, Bethany reassures listeners that they aren't alone in these thoughts and feelings. Bethany unpacks her six truths but also gives listeners perspectives and scripture to understand these truths through a Gospel light. As women, we have expectations for what motherhood is supposed to look like, but Bethany helps listeners to combat those feelings of being blindsided. But, instead, understand it's ok that motherhood is different than we thought. We were given this role for a purpose regardless if it looks different for everyone, but when put into the Lord's perspective, we begin to see differently. Anchoring Scriptures: Psalm 27 Philippians 4:6-7 Ephesians 2 1 Peter 2:25 Philippians 3 Join Bethany in the Motherhood Collective, the place where motherhood makes sense. Bethany would love for you to join her. Learn more about the Motherhood Collective here. Bethany welcomes you to share some of your favorite moments or ask her any questions you’d love for her to chat about on her upcoming episodes. Connect with Bethany: Website Instagram Facebook0 comments0
- 102. Becoming an Intentional Family with Anastasia CorbinWelcome back to the kitchen table. Bethany welcomes a special guest, Anastasia Corbin, for a conversation on being intentional with our children while creating lasting memories, building confidence, and strengthening their walk with Jesus. Anastasia is the author of Becoming An Intentional Family: Creating Meaningful Memories and Building Confidence in Your Kids , and Bethany has the privilege of sitting down with Anastasia to learn more about her, her family, and the beauty behind her book. Bethany and Anastasia share traditions they have with their kids that help them feel seen, heard, known, and accepted for who they are as individuals. Anastasia shares practical tools for creating a home that fosters a sense of belonging and security for all family members. This episode is filled with ideas, tools, and personal experiences to help other mamas build intentionality within the walls of their homes. More About Anastasia and Where to Find Her: Anastasia Corbin loves to encourage women to live a life anchored in Jesus. She is also passionate about sharing God's Word. Anastasia manages the home while blogging and providing resources that encourage overwhelmed moms to prioritize faith, family, and themselves. The author of Becoming an Intentional Family and co-author of When the Bases are Loaded : Encouragement for Moms to Hit a Grand Slam in Life lives in northern Indiana with her husband Jonathan and their four children. When she is not writing, Anastasia enjoys digging into God’s Word, singing on the Worship Team, and reading while sipping on coffee. If she had a day to herself, you would find her on the beach reading a book. Facebook Instagram Pinterest Order Becoming An Intentional Family Free Gift for Readers Bethany welcomes you to share some of your favorite moments or ask her any questions you’d love for her to chat about on her upcoming episodes. Connect with Bethany: Website Instagram Facebook0 comments0
- 101. 3 Truths for Discipling Our ChildrenWelcome back to the kitchen table. Bethany welcomes you to the table this week with a personal story about her late father in connection to how as warrior mamas, we can fiercely know and understand our children but, most importantly, so they can know and see their need for God. Bethany brings listeners into 1 Thessalonians 2:11-12 as she dives deeper into the three truths for discipling our children. She hopes to provide encouragement, experience, and perspective on how we can model for our children in all different facets of life. Just as Jesus invites us to know him and be with him, we can actively get to know our children, invite them in, and get fierce about bringing them toward Jesus, even in the small moments. Bethany welcomes you to share some of your favorite moments or ask her any questions you’d love for her to chat about on her upcoming episodes. Scriptures: 1 Thessalonians 2:11-12 Connect with Bethany: Website Instagram Facebook0 comments0
- 100. Ask Me Anything with Caroline Collie Pt 2Welcome back to the kitchen table. Join Bethany and her dear friend Caroline as they celebrate Bethany’s 100th episode by continuing their question-and-answer series. Fellow moms have submitted questions regarding various topics and seek Bethany and Caroline’s experience and wisdom. Whether you are battling sleep regression, wondering if more kids are the right choice for you, or how to adequately help your teen on their faith walk. This authentic episode allows you to sit closely with Bethany and Caroline as they answer questions from moms around the world. Thank you for joining and celebrating Bethany on her 100th episode of When God Breaks Through. Where to find Caroline: Instagram Website Bethany welcomes you to share some of your favorite moments or ask her any questions you’d love for her to chat about on her upcoming episodes. Connect with Bethany: Website Instagram Facebook0 comments0
- 99. Ask Me Anything with Caroline Collie Pt 1Welcome back to the kitchen table. This week Bethany is joined by a dear friend, Caroline Collie. Bethany and Caroline welcome listeners to join them at the table as they answer questions asked by fellow moms. Listen as Bethany answers questions that other moms are facing in their own lives. Bethany and Caroline provide valuable insight and tangible tools to help other moms as parents and on their own walk with Jesus. Whether you are raising young kids or teens, this episode has a little bit of something for everyone. Bethany and Caroline are authentic in sharing what works for their families while providing encouragement and reassurance for other moms. Gentle and Lowly Mama Bear Apologetics Different Child Different Needs Where to find Caroline: Instagram Website Bethany welcomes you to share some of your favorite moments or ask her any questions you’d love for her to chat about on her upcoming episodes. Connect with Bethany: Website Instagram Facebook0 comments0
- 98. Showing Our Children God's MiraclesWelcome back to the kitchen table. This week Bethany is joined at the table with Gabe and Andrea Olson, the authors of The Big God Books series. As parents, we use books as learning tools for life moments and to provide our children with a deeper understanding of the world. Books help kids understand something without having to experience it themselves. Bethany sits down with Gabe and Andrea to learn more about the series and how we can use these beautiful books to bring God's work to life through tangible stories. Bethany shares her experience using this series as a powerful conversation tool and an avenue to justify her children's feelings. In this episode, we learn about the real-life moments that have inspired Gabe and Andrea's books. But also the importance of using this series as a reminder of God's goodness. We live in a world of hopelessness, and using these stories helps children of all ages to talk about God's miracles. Connect with Gabe and Andrea: Gabe and Andrea Olson are small business owners, founders of Overflow Worship, authors of The Big God Books and mom and dad to three girls. They are from small town Minnesota and their mission as children’s book authors is to share about the unique miracles (some big, some small) happening in everyday life. At first, The Big God Books were originally created to preserve the miracles they had seen in written form for their three growing children to open up the conversation about God, faith, prayer and miracles in their own home. Now, it’s become their goal to spread the message of hope, that God still does miracles today. And to provide tools that help other families also have these monumental, and beautiful conversations with their children, too, so words like “God, miracles, prayer and faith” are part of daily life. Instagram Facebook Purchase the Books Here and receive a free audiobook. Use code WARRIORMAMA for another 10% off your entire order. Connect with Bethany: Website Instagram Facebook0 comments0
- 97. A Little Goes A Long Way with Rachael AdamsWelcome back to the kitchen table. This week Bethany is joined by a dear friend, Rachael Adams, for a beautiful conversation. Motherhood is an extremely high calling, a glorious undertaking, and the most important job in the world. Yet, we can lose ourselves in seeing our significance. Many mothers can get lost in the mundane tasks of the day-to-day, from washing bottles, playing hide and seek with pacifiers, and rallying through the car pickup lines. As life moves forward and culture places value on the bigger and better, we lose sight of our significant contributions. Rachael and Bethany speak light on the impact of the little moments and our true impact on the world by raising our children. This episode provides hope, and inspiration and speaks enormous value on the role that God has specifically chosen for you. Connect with Rachael: Rachael is a mother to two, a writer, a podcaster, and a true southern mama. She and her husband, Bryan, run a family business and farm in Kentucky with their two children, Will and Kate, and two doodle dogs. Her mission is to help remind other mamas of their significance and that their life matters. Website Instagram Listen to her Podcast Buy A Little Goes A Long Way: 52 Days to a Significant Life Connect with Bethany: Website Instagram Facebook0 comments0
- 96. Our Purpose in Motherhood and BeyondWelcome back to the kitchen table. Join Bethany as she closes out the series of going back to the basics of the Gospel. During this series, Bethany has unpacked the Gospel in a way that helps listeners lay the foundation in all aspects of life, including motherhood. Each day brings new challenges, obstacles, and opportunities that have us posing the question of our purpose. We must reset our minds each day and remember that our purpose isn’t to check off the list, to be perfect or the best. But instead, our purpose is to glorify God. Bethany uses scripture to help listeners understand our purpose and the glory of God himself. Inviting him in, staying focused, and allowing his power to flow through us will radically change our lives. When you set your focus on God, the more he pours out of you. Allowing ourselves to lean on him and sit with him brings our purpose to the forefront, which will apply to all aspects of our life. Are you longing to reset your mind in motherhood? Join Bethany and come learn how! Anchoring Scriptures: Isaiah 43: 4, 7 Philippians 1 Ephesians 5 Collasthians 1: 28, 29, 2 2nd Corinthians 5 Connect with Bethany: Website Instagram Facebook0 comments0
- 95. Joy Uproots DespairWelcome back to the kitchen table. Bethany is excited for you to continue with her through the back-to-the-basics series. For the past couple of weeks, Bethany has been walking listeners through the depths of the Gospel story. She has shed light on a lens that applies to all parts of life, not just motherhood. This week Bethany is unpacking joy and its ability to uproot despair. In motherhood, we wear our hearts on our sleeve, and many places make us feel despair. Bethany uses scripture and metaphors to help listeners understand that joy is not an emotion we feel, but instead, it’s the ability to see what Jesus has done for us. Throughout this episode, Bethany speaks light on understanding God’s grace and how he provides us with security and confidence. Jesus walks beside each of us, wanting to show us what true joy is. But, we first must recognize grace by holding tight to his word and delighting ourselves in him. Joy truly can uproot our despair, but we must first let it. Are you longing to reset your mind in motherhood? Join Bethany and come learn how! Anchoring Scriptures: Galatians 5:22 John 15 Psalm 37: 4 Connect with Bethany: Website Instagram Facebook0 comments0
- 94. His Grace Ongoing in MotherhoodWelcome back to the kitchen table. This week Bethany invites you to continue to walk through the basics of the Gospel. Bethany hopes that through this series, you can begin to lay the foundation of God’s truths in all different walks of your motherhood and that this becomes a common language in all avenues of your parenting. Bethany unpacks the idea of grace and not only that it’s given to us, but what it truly means. Bethany shares inspiration and admonition about the power of God’s grace. She communicates through personal stories while providing scripture representing the grace God offers us. Grace extends us kindness, but while grace is forgiving, it’s also a reminder that he is present with us through all moments. It’s a gift, you don’t earn it, but he offers it freely and abundantly. Grace always provides us with much more than we deserve. Grace is Jesus himself. Are you longing to reset your mind in motherhood? Join Bethany and come learn how! Anchoring Scriptures: Romans 5 2 Corinthians 9:8, 12:9 Titus 3:4-7 Connect with Bethany: Website Instagram Facebook0 comments0
- 93. His Mercy Meets My MistakesWelcome back to the kitchen table this week. Bethany is welcoming you into her continuing series that brings listeners back to the basics of the Gospel. We make mistakes as mothers, wives, daughters, friends, and women. Mistakes are an inevitable part of life. But, so often, we let mistakes define us. Bethany is diving deeper into God’s mercy and encourages listeners to hold onto the truth because the enemy leads us to believe our mistakes have made us worthless. Bethany shares a personal story as a metaphor to help listeners understand that your mistakes are forgiven, and God is rich in mercy. She unpacks truths around God and his mercy. Mercy is one of the most precious gifts of life. When we fall short, he offers us an opportunity to learn, grow, and turn to him for guidance and direction. Even on the darkest days, he sees through the mistakes and offers his astounding love with mercy and grace. Anchoring Scriptures: Ephesians 2:4-7 Ephesians 5:2 Gentle and Lowly by Dane Ortlund Are you longing to reset your mind in motherhood? Join Bethany and come learn how! https://bethanykimsey.mykajabi.com/sales-page Connect with Bethany: Website Instagram Facebook0 comments0
- 92. Peace When I’m Not PreparedWelcome back to the kitchen table this week. Bethany is welcoming you into a series that brings listeners back to the basics of the Gospel. So often, motherhood has us constantly searching for the best advice, the right parenting models, and the perfect products. Often, motherhood brings us to our weakest points and leaves us feeling inadequate. But Bethany reassures listeners of God’s heartbeat for us. Bethany encourages listeners to relay the basics of the Gospel to pull apart the truths and provide wholeness to our lives, not only in motherhood. Bethany shares a raw moment in her parenting where she bought the lies of the enemy and let feelings of inadequacy flood her mind. Bethany hopes to help listeners understand that God is committed to meeting our needs, and he meets our inadequacies with kindness. By layering these foundations, we can begin to see through the lens of the Gospel and God’s grace. Anchoring Scriptures: Ephesians 2:7 Gentle and Lowly by Dane Ortlund Are you longing to reset your mind in motherhood? Join Bethany and come learn how! Connect with Bethany: Website Instagram Facebook0 comments0
- 91. Peace Rescues My MotherhoodWelcome back to the kitchen table. Motherhood can feel incredibly overwhelming, chaotic, and the farthest thing from peaceful. Bethany thoroughly knows and understands those feelings on her journey through parenting eight children. Life can often feel like it’s spinning out of control, and we need to control the chaos to obtain peace. In today’s episode, Bethany gives listeners encouragement and scripture to hold to Jesus’s word that he is our peace when we are in the midst of a storm. Motherhood will always contain chaos but in the middle of the chaos stands Jesus. But, run to the one who can calm the storm. Jesus offers you a protective barrier, but it comes because you run to him with a presentation of our requests. Bethany reminds listeners of the importance of practicing prayer, supplication, and thanksgiving, and with these practices comes peace because the request is in his hands. Anchoring Scriptures: Mark 4 Luke 8 Matthew 8 Philippians 1-4 Join Bethany and The Warrior Motherhood Collective Connect with Bethany: Website Instagram Facebook0 comments0
- 90. Filling Our Mama Toolbox Pt 3Welcome back to the kitchen table. Bethany is wrapping up her series, filling a mama’s toolbox. In this series, Bethany is providing moms with the essential tools to lay the foundation for the calling as Deuteronomy 6 mothers. In today’s episode, Bethany is offering phrases on how to speak life into your children and how to purposefully engage them in having a kingdom mindset. How can we see today inside God’s long-term plan? It can be a struggle for mamas, but Bethany’s ultimate goal today is to provide you with hope. Kingdom mindset is about sitting in the presence of Jesus, and Bethany gives insight into a language you can use to speak to your children for connection and spiritual growth and to point them to the Savior. These conversations are natural and happen during errands, activities, and bedtime, but Bethany advises using these moments as a purposeful way to speak to your children. Being in the presence of Jesus is sitting at his feet and listening to his words. They need parents to model and be the lead learner. Conversations around wisdom and discernment are more effortless when you can begin having natural conversations around a kingdom mindset. Anchoring Scriptures: Deuteronomy 6 Join Bethany and The Warrior Motherhood Collective Connect with Bethany: Website Instagram Facebook0 comments0
- 89. Filling Our Mama Toolbox Pt 2Welcome back to the kitchen table. Bethany continues her series, filling our toolboxes with the essential tips and tools as we lay the foundation and navigate to our calling as Deuteronomy 6 mothers. Bethany helps listeners by providing experience and knowledge to help keep God’s truths ever-present with our kids. Today, she shares tips to help your children develop the necessary interpersonal skills to help them in relationships with us, siblings, peers, and other authority figures. She hones in on four concepts you can put in your toolbox to help your children grow their skill set. Being a problem-solver Being a peace-maker Making an excellent appeal Being a prayer warrior Bethany breaks down the four concepts by providing concrete examples and ideas for implementing these concepts into conversations with your child and modeling who God is by providing our children with wisdom and insight. Anchoring Scriptures: Deuteronomy 6 Join Bethany and The Warrior Motherhood Collective Connect with Bethany: Website Instagram Facebook0 comments0
- 88. Filling Our Mama Toolbox Pt 1Welcome back to the kitchen table. Join Bethany as she welcomes you into a new series about equipping mamas with the necessary tools to help you have Gospel-centered conversations with your children. Bethany provides practical tools to help you walk and talk with your children from a biblical sense but, most importantly, offers peace, effective communication, and confidence in your parenting journey. Bethany explores character growth with four tools to help you walk with your child in purposeful ways: Catechism Reading Read-alouds Room Time The greatest joy is pointing our kids to Jesus, reminding them of his love, and these practical tools begin to lay the foundation for pointing our children to what the Gospel is all about. Anchoring Scriptures: Deuteronomy 6 Join Bethany and The Warrior Motherhood Collective Connect with Bethany: Website Instagram Facebook0 comments0
- 87. Teaching Our Kids to Be KindWelcome back to the kitchen table. In today’s episode, Bethany is visiting a concept that needed a reminder in her household, kindness. In today’s world, words are spewed out without much thought, and now more than ever, it’s essential to teach our children the effect of our words and the importance of being kind. Bethany talks about how it’s necessary to teach our children the importance of being kind and equip them with the tools and understanding of why. Bethany refers back to the Gospel for the framework we call our children to. Bethany provides scripture to help listeners understand what Jesus says about kindness and to guide our children to speak words of life to others. Bethany challenges her listeners to take the extra step to encourage and teach their children about kindness and the importance of putting themselves in someone else’s shoes. Scriptures for Kindness: Matthew 12 1 Corinthians 3 Ephesians 4:14 Join Bethany and The Warrior Motherhood Collective Connect with Bethany: Website Instagram Facebook0 comments0
- 86. Tools for CommunicationWelcome back to the kitchen table. Bethany is continuing her series on communication and, most importantly, helping listeners understand their mindsets and what God says about communication. In today’s episode, she is plugging in the practical. Bethany begins to lay the foundation of connecting by providing listeners with a few steps they can implement when communicating with their children. Bethany provides deeper reasoning behind children’s big feelings and how to navigate with practical tools to gain a connection with our children. We live in a distracted society, but Bethany shares the basics of connecting that strengthen communication with our children and the Lord. Bethany also shares how allowing big feelings and communicating about those feelings is the beginning stage of discernment. We guide them towards gospel conversations by valuing connection and communicating even through the big feelings. Scriptures for Connection and Communication: Psalm 19:14 James 1:19 Join Bethany and The Warrior Motherhood Collective Connect with Bethany: Website Instagram Facebook0 comments0
- 85. Communication is a Connection to Our ChildWelcome back to the kitchen table. In today’s episode, Bethany continues her series on communicating with children. She reminds listeners of how God communicates with us through his words, attention, and consistent pursuit. Bethany is beginning the framework in communication by starting with the youngest age, babies, and toddlers. For listeners who have older children, Bethany provides encouragement and reassurance that this is a starting point to make a change as a way to plant communication inside of the Gospel. Join Bethany in 1 Thessalonians 2 as she institutes these ideas as a way to begin or reroute the way you communicate with your children. She challenges listeners to take a deeper look into understanding their identity and heart position when communicating with their children. She introduces practical ideas as a starting point in terms of words, actions, and attention as a foundation to begin communicating in a way that speaks words of truth as we lead our children forward on their walk with Jesus. Join Bethany and The Warrior Motherhood Collective Connect with Bethany: Website Instagram Facebook0 comments0
- 84. Communication is a Gift We Give Our ChildWelcome back to the kitchen table. Bethany reminds her listeners of the meaning behind the kitchen table. It’s an invitation to friendship, where you can listen, grow, and strengthen one another through God’s word. How do we communicate with our children in a culture that struggles to communicate? Bethany dives deeper into answering this question as she unpacks a new series. As mothers, we must teach our children to properly communicate despite their emotions, especially in times of anger, hurt, distress, and helplessness. Communication is a crucial component of kingdom living, and Bethany helps listeners understand and develop the framework to communicate with their children the way God speaks with us. She helps hold parents to a higher standard and become positive example settlers by mimicking God’s way of communicating. Bethany discusses the importance of using questions, conversations, and word pictures during difficult conversations to help our children develop the ability to speak the way Jesus would. We are extended an invitation to communicate with our children the way God communicates with us, and through scripture and prayer, we can begin to develop the framework. Related Scriptures: Mark 9 Join Bethany and The Warrior Motherhood Collective Connect with Bethany: Website Instagram Facebook0 comments0
- 83. Who We Are Through God’s EyesWelcome back to the kitchen table. In the next coming weeks, Bethany will be unpacking a new series but first begins to lay the foundation that despite the roles you play or what you have to offer God, he is here solely for a relationship with you. Bethany shares with listeners how we often slide down the slippery slope that our relationship with Jesus depends on our roles as mothers, daughters, wives, friends, and careers. During this episode, Bethany unravels Mark 6 and applies it to motherhood and the expectations we feel to check the boxes to become the perfect Christian mom. Bethany provides truth in his word that God is compassionate, patient, and, most importantly, welcoming you into an intimate relationship with him regardless of what you bring to the table. She hopes to help listeners gain truth, understanding, and peace on their walk in motherhood and as kingdom daughters. Bethany welcomes you to share some of your favorite moments or reach out with any questions. Connect with Bethany: Website Instagram Facebook0 comments0
- 82. Finding Rest in a Stressed Out Culture with Melanie ReddWelcome back to the kitchen table. In this week’s episode, Bethany is joined at the table by Melanie Redd for a highly relatable and essential discussion on rest. Rest is a struggle for many mamas, and many moms don’t even realize their lack of rest. Melanie sits with Bethany to provide insight, share her experience, and truly offers encouragement in using those little moments to rest with Jesus. An essential place to fill our souls with rest and peace is through the moments we spend with the Lord. These moments, big or small, can refill our hearts and give us deep rest. Melanie and Bethany share manageable ways to find rest with the Lord and discernment on recognizing your need for rest. This episode is filled with hope for encouragement and a guide to help listeners lay it down to rest with the Lord. Connect with Melanie: Website Just Rest Devotional Diary Bethany welcomes you to share some of your favorite moments or reach out with any questions. Connect with Bethany: Website Instagram Facebook0 comments0