The Work From Home Show
4.7 out of 5 stars
4.7 Based on 12 reviews
5 out of 5 stars
A must listen for WFH!
Adam + Naresh are a power duo! Their podcast is exactly what it means to freelance and put your skills to use whether it’s a side hustle or your full time gig! I love their exploration of WFH
5 out of 5 stars
Grab your coffee and tune in from home
Great show to encourage us to find freedom in doing the work we love from home, especially when raising families. Kim Stewart & The Podwize Group
5 out of 5 stars
Survive and Thrive Remotely
Adam and Naresh are awesome hosts and I am learning a lot of great insights about the changing remote work economy and how to be more effective working from home.
5 out of 5 stars
Best Podcast Ever!
These two hosts are hilariously smart and knowledgeable. It works out that they're both stay-at-home dads as well who are incredibly successful businesspeople and investors.
5 out of 5 stars
Qualification Podcast Show.
5 out of 5 stars
Entertaining and Informative
It’s like listening to a conversation between 2 of your smartest friends. The hosts are able to provide both humor and actionable advice for any topic they discuss on the show.
5 out of 5 stars
These guys are great. Great info on how to thrive at home!
5 out of 5 stars
Very relatable topic- helpful when this situation drastically changed our lives. Thanks for keeping us sane!
5 out of 5 stars
This is great show podcast.
Erin J S
5 out of 5 stars
A Well Timed Addition
This podcast couldn't have come out at a better time. These two have been working from home for a long time and it's nice to hear that the world we're moving toward after this pandemic is over is one we can thrive in.
5 out of 5 stars
Such a great show!
The hosts are hilarious. The information is so useful and valuable. I can’t wait for more episodes!
5 out of 5 stars
Love this show
I’ll fully admit that I’m one of the hosts of this show, and recording it is the highlight of my day. We are living in a highly uncertain economic time, and that’s why we started this show. I’m so pleased with the way it has turned out.
- Amount of episodes
- Explicit content
- Episode type
- Podcast link
- Last upload date
- November 18, 2022
- Last fetch date
- November 27, 2022 12:47 AM
- Upload range
- Work From Home Show
- S3Ep46: From Willard Straight to Wall Street with Thomas W JonesAchieving prominence in your field is tough for anyone; let alone a minority. Now imagine that world is Wall Street. Adam Schroeder and Naresh Vissa talk with Thomas W Jones about his rise through the system, handling tough situations at Citi during the Great Recession, and how he managed to start his own venture capital company. Thomas is the former Vice Chairman, President & COO at TIAA-CREF, the largest pension system in the country; Former Vice Chairman of Travelers, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, and Freddie Mac; Former Chairman & CEO of Smith Barney Asset Management; Former CEO of Global Investment Management at Citigroup; Former Treasurer at John Hancock Insurance Company; Founder and senior partner of venture capital investment firm TWJ Capital; author of the new book From Willard Straight to Wall Street: A Memoir. Website: www.TWJCapital.com www.TomJones69.com www.Patreon.com/WorkFromHomeShow www.WorkFromHomeShow.com0 comments0
- S3Ep45: 100 Cities, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to See, What to Do with Joe YogerstThere are a lot of places to go in this country; so many it's overwhelming at times. If you're a digital nomad, where should you go and what should you do? Adam Schroeder and Naresh Vissa are joined today by Joe Yogerst, author of the new book 100 Cities, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to See, What to Do, to discuss what he's seen around the country and where Americans need to go to experience the country fully. Joe is a multiple New York Times' bestselling author of 50 States, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to See, What to Do, 100 Parks, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to See, What to Do, 100 Drives, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to Do, What to See, and the new book 100 Cities, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to See, What to Do. Website: www.JoeYogerst.com www.Patreon.com/WorkFromHomeShow www.WorkFromHomeShow.com0 comments0
- S3Ep44: Really Good Advice for Getting From Here to There with Hallie BatemanAs you progress through your life and stop doing your old hobbies and let yourself grow lethargic, you need to do something to stay sharp and fresh. Hallie Bateman realized that if she focused on her art she could make a profound impact on many people's lives, which led to her best selling illustrations of books such as What to Do When I'm Gone: A Mother's Wisdom to Her Daughter and the new book DIRECTIONS: Really Good Advice for Getting From Here to There. Adam Schroeder and Naresh Vissa discuss Hallie's journey and what impact her books have had on her and her audience. Website: www.HallieBateman.com www.Patreon.com/ WorkFromHomeShow www.WorkFromHomeShow.com0 comments0
- S3Ep43: Exploring the Cosmos from Home with The Night Sky Guy Andrew FazekasHow often do you look up into the cosmos from your backyard? Do you have a telescope or equipment to do it? How would you teach it to your kids? Andrew Fazekas, The Night Sky Guy, joins Adam Schroeder and Naresh Vissa to discuss what caused his love for the stars and how we can pass that on to the next generation. Andrew is an astronomy and science columnist for National Geographic's StarStruck, Yahoo News, and the Montreal Gazette, syndicated correspondent for multiple television and radio broadcast networks including National Geographic and CBC-Radio Canada, previous national astronomy correspondent for The Weather Network TV, communications manager for Astronomers Without Border, Co-creator of the world’s first open air augmented-reality planetarium experience in Canada, and #1 bestselling author of The National Geographic Backyard Guide to the Night Sky and the new book NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC STARGAZER’S ATLAS: THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO THE NIGHT SKY. Website: www.TheNightSkyGuy.com www.Patreon.com/WorkFromHomeShow www.WorkFromHomeShow.com0 comments0
- S3Ep42: 10 Habits of Decidedly Defective People: The Successful Loser's Guide to Life with Doug GilesSociety has changed a lot through the years, and some people are pretty certain it hasn't been for the better. Doug Giles joins Adam Schroeder and Naresh Vissa to discuss some of the changes that have taken place, whether they're good or bad, and what can be done about the ones that aren't for the betterment of humanity. Doug is the creator and publisher of ClashDaily.com; Co-Owner of The Safari Cigar Company; columnist on Townhall.com; Pastor at ClashChurch.com; author of the bestselling books Raising Boys Feminists Will Hate, Raising Righteous and Rowdy Girls, Pussification: The Effeminization of the American Male, and 10 Habits of Decidedly Defective People: The Successful Loser's Guide to Life. Website: www.ClashDaily.com www.ClashChurch.com www.Patreon.com/WorkFromHomeShow www.WorkFromHomeShow.com0 comments0
- S3Ep41: The Startling Truth Behind the Pay Gap & Why Our Boys Are Struggling with Dr. Warren FarrellThere's a rise in stay-at-home dads in the world, but it's still decidedly one sided when it comes to quitting when children are born. Dr. Warren Farrell joins Adam Schroeder and Naresh Vissa to discuss how the pandemic and working from home has changed child rearing, whether it will keep up, and how we can save the mental health of our young kids. Website: www.Patreon.com/WorkFromHomeShow www.WorkFromHomeShow.com www.WarrenFarrell.com0 comments0
- S3Ep40: Why It's Never Too Late To Pursue Anything with J.C. CervantesJ.C. Cervantes is the New York Times bestselling author of the Storm Runner series of books for children and young adults. She has earned multiple awards and recognitions, including the New Mexico Book Award, and the Zia Book Award. Cervantes walks us through her journey to becoming a New York Times bestselling author. It was not easy or linear. After having three children, and at the request of one of her daughters, she started writing fiction for her kids despite her background in nonfiction rhetorical writing. Her success is a testament that it is never too late to do anything in life. Cervantes also shares her childhood upbringing growing up and the impact it had on her writing. Website: www.JCCervantes.com www.WorkFromHomeShow.com www.Patreon.com/WorkFromHomeShow0 comments0
- S3Ep39: Raising Your Energy Level & Finding Your Truth with Joe ApfelbaumSo many people walk around lethargic, lacking the energy they need to live the life they want. There are changes that can be made that will help people achieve the life they want, and they don't have to be difficult. Joe Apfelbaum re-joins Adam Schroeder and Naresh Vissa to talk about this, as well as to tell people what activity we're doing is the "new smoking". Joe is the co-Founder and CEO of Ajax Union; bestselling author of High Energy Secrets: How I lost 95 pounds, kept it off and have higher energy levels than ever!, High Energy Answers: Questions your teachers and parents are too afraid to answer., and the new book High Energy Purpose: How to be all in on your life and find your truth. Website: www.Patreon.com/WorkFromHomeShow www.JoeApfelbaum.com www.JoeLinkedIn.com www.WorkFromHomeShow.com0 comments0
- S3Ep38: How to Master LinkedIn with Joe ApfelbaumHow do you connect with your audience through platforms like LinkedIn? There are ways to properly use them, but you have to know exactly what to do if you want to maximize your business' success with it. Adam Schroeder and Naresh Vissa talk with Joe Apfelbaum about how you can utilize LinkedIn. Joe is the co-Founder and CEO of Ajax Union; bestselling author of High Energy Secrets: How I lost 95 pounds, kept it off and have higher energy levels than ever!, High Energy Answers: Questions your teachers and parents are too afraid to answer., and the new book High Energy Purpose: How to be all in on your life and find your truth. Website: www.AjaxUnion.com www.Patreon.com/WorkFromHomeShow www.WorkFromHomeShow.com0 comments0
- S3Ep37: A Parent's Guide to Raising a Curious and Responsible Human Being with Simone DaviesRaising kids is an incredibly hard journey. Raising a child and nurturing their hopes and dreams is another battle in and of itself. There are a lot of things in society that point our kids away from things that are actually healthy for them. Adam and Naresh talk with Simone Davies about how homeschooling options can help with raising your children to be the kind of citizen you want them to be. Simone is the #1 bestselling author of The Montessori Toddler: A Parent's Guide to Raising a Curious and Responsible Human Being. Website: www.TheMontessoriNotebook.com www.Patreon.com/WorkFromHomeShow www.WorkFromHomeShow.com0 comments0
- S3Ep36: Lead with Speed: Fire Up Your Team, Power Your Engines of Development, and Make Your Organization Soar with Alan WillettHow do you lead from home in a way that you can manage those who like to do things their own way, who constantly question the reason things need to be done, who need to be praised, and every other team member out there? Adam Schroeder and Naresh Vissa talk with Alan Willett about all these things in today's show. Alan is the master of the "friction points" of organizations highly dependent on technology. He is an expert international consultant for Megacorps as well as prestigious universities. He is the #1 bestselling author of Leading the Unleadable: How to Manage Mavericks, Cynics, Divas, and Other Difficult People and the new book Lead with Speed: Fire Up Your Team, Power Your Engines of Development, and Make Your Organization Soar. Website: www.AlanWillett.com www.Patreon.com/WorkFromHomeShow www.WorkFromHomeShow.com0 comments0
- S3Ep35: Getting Inspired at Home with Mark SullivanA good routine will put you far ahead of most people in life. But inspiration is what will put you over the top. Adam Schroeder and Naresh Vissa talk with Mark Sullivan about his time in journalism that led to his writing career and a stint atop the book rankings, all from home. Mark is a multiple #1 New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author of Beneath a Scarlet Sky: A Novel, the Robin Monarch Series, and the new book The Last Green Valley: A Novel. Website: www.Patreon.com/WorkFromHomeShow www.MarkSullivanBooks.com www.WorkFromHomeShow.com0 comments0
- S3Ep34: Finding Your Voice in Your Niche with Bob DruryNearly everyone finds themselves switching directions at least one time during their career. What you think you want day 1 turns out to be number 3 or 4 of what you ACTUALLY end up being passionate about. Adam Schroeder and Naresh Vissa talk with Bob Drury, experienced the same thing. From newspapers covering athletes to reporting on the battlefront, and now writing historical non-fiction about military history (mostly). Bob is the #1 New York Times' bestselling author of Blood and Treasure: Daniel Boone and the Fight for America's First Frontier, The Last Stand of Fox Company: A True Story of U.S. Marines in Combat, and the new book The Heart of Everything That Is: The Untold Story of Red Cloud, An American Legend. Website: www.Patreon.com/WorkFromHomeShow www.rfxdrury.com www.WorkFromHomeShow.com0 comments0
- S3Ep33: How Difficult Times Can Help Us Grow with Elizabeth LesserDifficult times can make or break people. Change and transition are hard on even the strongest. But there are ways to break free from the fear that change can bring and blossom into what we're meant to be. Adam Schroeder and Naresh Vissa are joined by Elizabeth Lesser to discuss exactly this in today's world. Elizabeth is co-founder & Senior Adviser of Omega Institute, the largest adult education center in the United States focusing on health, wellness, spirituality and creativity. She's also a Popular TED Talk Speaker, One of Oprah's Super Soul 100, and New York Times Bestselling Author of Broken Open: How Difficult Times Can Help Us Grow, Marrow: A Love Story, The Seeker's Guide: Making Your Life a Spiritual Adventure, and the new book Cassandra Speaks: When Women Are the Storytellers, the Human Story Changes. Website: www.Patreon.com/WorkFromHomeShow www.ElizabethLesser.org www.EOmega.org www.WorkFromHomeShow.com0 comments0
- S3Ep32: Customer Service Is DEAD: Delivering 6-Star Service In A 1-Star World with Mitche GrafCustomer service is more of a curse word than a service for clients in today's day and age. But it doesn't have to be. Mitche Graf joins Adam Schroeder and Naresh Vissa to discuss where companies have gone wrong and how entrepreneurs can deliver "6-Star" service to their clients to stand out in the marketplace. Mitche is the "Captain Of Small Business Branding" and host of Business Edge Radio; #1 bestselling author of Business Basics BootCamp: The Ultimate Crash Course and the new book Customer Service Is DEAD: Delivering 6-Star Service In A 1-Star World. Website: www.Patreon.com/WorkFromHomeShow www.PowerMarketing101.com www.WorkFromHomeShow.com0 comments0
- S3Ep31: The Scientific Roots of Wisdom, Compassion, and What Makes Us Good with Dr. Dilip JesteWhat makes a good person? This is one of the questions that Adam Schroeder and Naresh Vissa try to answer today with Dr. Dilip Jeste. Dr. Jeste has spent his recent time exploring whether there's a relationship between wisdom and loneliness, what wisdom actually means, and what it is about the core of people that makes them "good" or "bad". Dilip is Senior Associate Dean for Healthy Aging and Senior Care, Distinguished Professor of Psychiatry and Neurosciences, Estelle and Edgar Levi Memorial Chair in Aging, Director of the Sam and Rose Stein Institute for Research on Aging, and Co-Director IBM-UCSD Artificial Intelligence Center for Healthy Living at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine. He is the former President of the American Psychiatric Association (APA) and co-author of the new book WISER: The Scientific Roots of Wisdom, Compassion, and What Makes Us Good. Website: www.Patreon.com/WorkFromHomeShow www.DilipJesteMD.com www.WiserTheBook.com www.WorkFromHomeShow.com0 comments0
- S3Ep30: LinkedIn Profile Optimization For Dummies with Donna SerdulaOne of the largest social media platforms out there is LinkedIn, yet few people talk about it. Adam Schroeder and Naresh Vissa talk with LinkedIn expert Donna Serdula, Founder & President at Vision Board Media and LinkedIn Makeover and bestselling author of LinkedIn Profile Optimization For Dummies, about how ordinary people can utilize LinkedIn to the fullest. Website: www.Patreon.com/WorkFromHomeShow www.LinkedIn-Makeover.com www.DonnaSerdula.com www.WorkFromHomeShow.com0 comments0
- S3Ep29: Mad Genius: A Manifesto for Entrepreneurs with Randy GageYour mindset affects everything about your life. What we tell ourselves is more powerful than many people ever realize. Adam Schroeder and Naresh Vissa talk with Randy Gage,host of the Power Prosperity podcast, about how people can get themselves in the right mindset to become their most successful self in business and in life. Randy is the author of 13 books translated into 25 languages, including the New York Times bestsellers Risky Is the New Safe: The Rules Have Changed, Why You're Dumb, Sick and Broke...And How to Get Smart, Healthy and Rich!, Direct Selling Success: From Amway to Zombies, and Mad Genius: A Manifesto for Entrepreneurs. He has spoken to more than 2 million people across more than 50 countries and is a member of both the Speakers Hall of Fame and the Direct Selling Hall of Fame. Websites: www.Patreon.com/WorkFromHomeShow www.RandyGage.com www.WorkFromHomeShow.com0 comments0
- S3Ep28: How Entrepreneurs Can Harness Their ADHD To Win with John TorrensWhile have a medical diagnose of ADHD might seem like a reason to think you can't focus or are at a disadvantage, it might actually be a GOOD thing. Adam Schroeder and Naresh Vissa are joined by John Torrens to discuss how you can turn your ADHD tendencies into something positive...your "entrepreneur's superpower" if you will. John is a Professor of Entrepreneurial Practice at Syracuse University’s Martin J. Whitman School of Management and author of LIGHTNING IN A BOTTLE: How Entrepreneurs Can Harness Their ADHD To Win. Website: www.Patreon.com/WorkFromHomeShow Lightning in a Bottle: How Entrepreneurs Can Harness Their ADHD to Win Featured Photo by Shlomo Shalev on Unsplash www.WorkFromHomeShow.com0 comments0
- S3Ep27: The Hidden Cause of the Autoimmune Pandemic and How to Get Healthy Again with Dr. Steven Phillips & Dana ParishWhen Dana Parish was at the height of her musical career she had got a tick bite and her health rapidly deteriorated. It took a while to figure out what was going on and things only improved after she met Dr. Phillips who took her seriously. Adam Schroeder and Naresh Vissa talk with Dr. Steven Phillips and Dana Parish about how they worked together to fix her, and how people can take charge of their health in general. Dr. Steven Phillips is an internationally renowned board certified internist with a research and practice focus on complex, chronic illness, much caused by vector borne infections. Dana Parish is a chart-topping Sony/ATV singer-songwriter, including "Not My Problem" from her debut album Uncrushed, charted at #23 on Billboard and "Let It Go By" reached the Top 10; they are both New York Times' bestselling co-authors of the new book Chronic: The Hidden Cause of the Autoimmune Pandemic and How to Get Healthy Again. Websites: www.Patreon.com/WorkFromHomeShow www.StevenPhillipsMD.com www.DanaParish.com www.WorkFromHomeShow.com0 comments0
- S3Ep26: Work Smarter & How to Turn Your Spare Time into $1000 a Month or More with Nick LoperSide hustles have become all the rage in today's environment. As more and more people look to leave their W2 to pursue their passions, it's become critical to find your niche and work it to become a viable stream of income. Adam Schroeder and Naresh Vissa talk with Nick Loper, founder of Side Hustle Nation, about how people can successfully create a side hustle in today's cluttered landscape. Nick is the host of the Side Hustle Nation podcast; #1 bestselling author of The Side Hustle: How to Turn Your Spare Time into $1000 a Month or More, Buy Buttons: The Fast-Track Strategy to Make Extra Money and Start a Business in Your Spare Time, and Work Smarter: 500+ Online Resources Today's Top Entrepreneurs Use To Increase Productivity and Achieve Their Goals. Website: www.Patreon.com/WorkFromHomeShow www.SideHustleNation.com www.WorkFromHomeShow.com0 comments0
- S3Ep25: The School for Good and Evil with Soman ChainaniBecoming a best selling author requires sacrifice. For Soman it required essentially having two full time jobs to support himself until his break. Adam Schroeder and Naresh Vissa talk with Soman Chainani about his journey and what drove him to where he is today. Soman Chainani is the #1 New York Times' bestselling author of The School for Good and Evil series, which has sold more than three million copies, been translated into 30 languages across six continents, and was developed into a film by Netflix. His new New York Times' bestselling book is RISE OF THE SCHOOL FOR GOOD AND EVIL. Website: www.SomanChainani.com0 comments0
- S3Ep24: The 1% Economy and the Shattering of the All-American Town with Brian AlexanderThe pandemic exposed a lot of issues with the US healthcare system and the divide between the haves and the have nots. Many parts of America have been left behind, but not many are talking about actually doing anything about it. Adam Schroeder and Naresh Vissa talk with Brian R Alexander, former columnist for NBC; #1 bestselling author of Glass House: The 1% Economy and the Shattering of the All-American Town, The Chemistry Between Us: Love, Sex, and the Science of Attraction, and the new book The Hospital: Life, Death, and Dollars in a Small American Town. Website: www.BrianRAlexander.com www.GlassHouseBook.com www.Patreon.com/WorkFromHomeShow Featured Photo by Jilbert Ebrahimi on Unsplash www.WorkFromHomeShow.com0 comments0
- S3Ep23: The Chief Reinvention Officer Handbook: How to Thrive in Chaos with Dr. Nadya ZhexembayevaThe pandemic and lockdowns gave us all a chance to reinvent ourselves. Some people took advantage of that, some people haven't yet. Adam Schroeder and Naresh Vissa are joined by Dr. Nadya Zhexembayeva to discuss how people and companies can go about starting the reinvention process. Dr. Zhexembayeva is called ‘The Reinvention Guru’ (In Ventures magazine) and ‘The Queen of Reinvention’ (TEDx Navasink), and is a business owner, educator, speaker and author — specializing in reinvention. As a business owner, Nadya oversees a group of companies active in real estate, investment, and consulting. As a consultant, Nadya has helped such organizations as The Coca-Cola Company, ENRC PLC, IBM, CISCO, Erste Bank, Henkel, Knauf Insulation, Vienna Insurance Group and many others to reinvent their products, processes, and leadership practices. She is the founder of Reinvention Academy and the author of the new book The Chief Reinvention Officer Handbook: How to Thrive in Chaos. Website: www.Patreon.com/WorkFromHomeShow www.ChiefReinventionOfficer.com Featured Photo by SUNBEAM PHOTOGRAPHY on Unsplash www.WorkFromHomeShow.com0 comments0
- S3Ep22: Pandemic-tested Lessons On Thriving During The Toughest Challenges with Dr. Joseph MichelliThe pandemic hasn't really been fun for anyone. We've seen cities shut down, businesses go under, and economic instability abound. But it has given us some lessons that will help keep businesses strong moving forward. Adam Schroeder and Naresh Vissa talk with Dr. Joseph Michelli about what exactly those things are and how you can implement them in your business. Dr. Joseph A. Michelli, Ph.D., C.S.P., is an internationally sought-after speaker, author, and organizational consultant. Dr. Michelli is the author of numerous national bestsellers, including The Starbucks Experience: 5 Principles for Turning Ordinary Into Extraordinary, The New Gold Standard: 5 Leadership Principles for Creating a Legendary Customer Experience Courtesy of the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, the New York Times #1 bestseller Prescription for Excellence: Leadership Lessons for Creating a World Class Customer Experience from UCLA Health System, and the new book STRONGER THROUGH ADVERSITY: World-Class Leaders Share Pandemic-tested Lessons On Thriving During The Toughest Challenges. He was named as one of the Top 10 thought leaders in Customer Service by Global Gurus. His new book is The Airbnb Way: 5 Leadership Lessons for Igniting Growth through Loyalty, Community, and Belonging. Dr. Michelli is an opinion columnist for the CEOWORLD magazine. Website: www.Patreon.com/WorkFromHomeShow www.AirbnbWay.com www.JosephMichelli.com www.WorkFromHomeShow.com0 comments0