© Dr. Julie A. Cappel 2023
The Veterinary Life Coach® Podcast with Dr. Julie Cappel
5 out of 5 stars
Dr. Cappel is life-giving!
I was struggling with a lot of stuff when I stumbled upon this podcast: self-doubt, low self-esteem, overwhelm, loss of identity, daily uncontrollable anxiety, etc. I have found that listening to this podcast has given me a lot of tools to get back to a more “normal” version of myself. More importantly I invested in her as a life coach, and she was able to gently challenge some toxic, deep rooted thought patterns that I hadn’t recognized before and was able to coach me into a better state mentally. I know my life is better because of how she helped me, and I know the skills she equipped me with are skills I will use for the rest of my life. If you are on the fence considering using her as a coach, I’d say go for it! You won’t regret in.
5 out of 5 stars
Dr. Cappel is amazing! She gives fantastic, practical, wise advice and shares great life lessons!
5 out of 5 stars
I’ve been listening to these podcast episodes on my way to and from work, and they really do hit home. As a veterinarian, I really appreciate all of the advice and validation of feelings that this podcast offers. Thanks Dr. Cappel!
5 out of 5 stars
Great content, knowledgable, friendly host
Dr. Cappel has years of experience in the veterinary industry, but her podcast is beneficial to anyone looking to work on self-improvement and mental health. This is information that everyone needs to hear. The audio quaity is great and Dr. Cappel has a relaxed, personal vibe. Big fan of this podcast!
5 out of 5 stars
Have listened to the first four episodes. Very helpful, and not just for veterinarians
5 out of 5 stars
Such a gift!
It’s so refreshing how Dr. Cappel shares her concerns and advice to veterinary professionals! This is a well thought out show that can benefit the lives of us all.
- Amount of episodes
- Explicit content
- Episode type
- Podcast link
- Last upload date
- March 22, 2023
- Last fetch date
- March 25, 2023 1:35 AM
- Upload range
- Dr. Julie Cappel
- Dr. Julie A. Cappel 2023
- Episode #219 - Veterinary Wellness with Dr. Jessica Moore-JonesDr. Jessica Moore-Jones is a veterinarian, MBA, and the director of Unleashed Coaching and Consulting. Jessica has a unique perspective on veterinary careers and is a coach and mentor for those struggling in veterinary medicine. On today's podcast we discuss career paths, wellness, and how to shift our thinking to avoid taking on client emotions. Find out more about Jessica at Unleashed Coaching and Consulting.0 comments0
- Episode #218 - Boundaries with Dr. Susan SaylesDr. Susan Sayles is the owner and CEO of Brooklyn Road Veterinary Clinic. She is also past president of the Michigan Veterinary Medical Association and a wonderful leader and veterinarian. Sue leads with strength and kindness and has grown her one doctor practice into a thriving practice, in a new facility, with over 25 team members. Today Sue and Julie talk about how to set and maintain healthy boundaries for work and home.0 comments0
- The Veterinary Life Coach® Podcast with Dr. Julie Cappel Mar 9 · 34m Episode #217 - Working To Get More OrganizedMost of us struggle with organizing because we have so many thoughts in our heads and so many ideas of what we need to do. There are people that depend on us to get things done at work and at home. This can be overwhelming and when we feel overwhelmed, we do nothing. We need to learn to sort our thoughts into, "true and useful" or "untrue and distracting". Once we start to organize our mind, it frees us up to start taking action towards the things that we want to do and the goals that we have for ourselves and our lives. Join me to get more organized and send me an email to let me know what you accomplished. email@example.com comments0
- Episode #216 - Understanding Habits - with Dr. Aaron MassecarDr. Aaron Massecar is the Executive Director of the Veterinary Innovation Council. He has a PhD in Philosophy from the University of Guelph and is a wonderful speaker and author of one book and co-author of another, seven journal articles, and eight book reviews. He has presented at seventeen international conferences and nine public and professional conferences. On this episode of the podcast Dr. Massecar talks about habits - why we develope habits and how we can break bad habits and replace them with better, healthier habits.0 comments0
- Episode #215 - An Interview with Dr. Samantha MoriciDr. Samantha Morici is the Head of Veterinary Services at Koala Health, an online pet pharmacy start-up working to improve the healthcare experience for veterinarians, clients, and pets alike. Dr. Morici is a fearless industry disrupter and devout veterinary representative, who has held leadership roles within the AVMA, International Veterinary Students' Association, World Small Animal Veterinary Association, and the World Veterinary Association. She has represented the profession far and wide, including at the United Nations General Assembly. She is truly a global veterinarian with first hand experience practicing vetrinary medicine in two different languages and on six different continents. In her spare time, Dr. Morici enjoys swapping in the scientific literature for a good book, traveling, hiking, and exploring new parks and cafe's with her Labrador Retriever, Luca.0 comments0
- Episode #214 - An Interview with Katie BrooksKatie Brooks LVT, CVPM is the CEO of CVCA Cardiac Care for Pets and co-founder and CEO of Partner Veterinary - Emergency and Speciality Center. Katie has a mission to heal pets and support people. Katie has a passion for creating exeptional work environments where employees have the opportunity for personal development. Katie is a writer, speaker, and consultant who assists the leadership of organizations to exceed their goals in leadreship, teambulding, business development, and strategic planning. Find Katie at Partner Veterinary.0 comments0
- Episode #213 - So You Are Stalled? Now What?Do you ever feel like you are stalled? You have a goal in mind and a plan to get to it, but you stop working or distract yourself with unimportant things? That stalled feeling is something that your brain wants. Your brain feels more comfortable and safe when it is not striving and working on changes that are challenging. If you are working to change a bad habit, or want to create something new, you have to expect to stall a bit, then learn how to overcome the stalled feeling and get back to work.0 comments0
- Episode #212 - An Interview with Nicky BillouNicky Billou is a number one International Best Selling Author of "Finish Line Thinking: How to Think and Win Like a Champion". He is a business coach and popular speaker to corporate audiences, and is advisor to some of the most successful and dynamic entrepreneurs in Canada. Nicky is the co-founder of eCircle Academy where he runs a yearlong Mastermind and educational program with coaches, consultants, clinic owners, realtors, and other service-based entrepreneurs. He is the host of the number one podcast in the world on Thought Leadership, The Thought Leader Revolution.0 comments0
- The Veterinary Life Coach® Podcast with Dr. Julie Cappel Jan 25 · 34m Episode #211 - Starting OverAre you struggling with your New Year's Resolution, or any other goals that you have for 2023? The end of January can get a bit depressing as we struggle to work on the things that we want to do, especially if you have had some failure along the way. On this episode we will discuss why it is OK to fail and fail again. Failure is part of the change process. Now you need to start over! You can start over every day to build motivation and learn from your past mistakes. You need to work on yourself and your thoughts about yourself to get to the life that you desire. Start over now! Contact me for help. Have a beautiful week! veterinarylifecoach.com0 comments0
- Episode #210 - An Interview with Blaine OelkersBlaine Oelkers is an entrepreneur and America's first Chief Results Officer®. He is a graduate of Purdue University and Stanford University's Social Entrepreneurship Program. Blaine is a leading authority in Personal Implementation and Consistency. He is a Habit Master with documented streak of 1453 days in a row and counting. He is a TEDx Speaker with over 190,000 views. Blaine loves to help people get results by teaching them about the 30 Minute Hour™ - How to get an hour's work done in thirty minutes. Watch Blaine at BlaineTEDx.com.0 comments0
- Episode #209 - An Interview with Dr. Tara BidgoodDr. Tara Bidgood graduated from the Western College of Veterinary Medicine-University of Saskatchewan and then practiced in a small animal veterinary hospital in Canada. She worked in academia after completing a clinical residency and doctorate program at NCSU-CVM. Dr. Bidgood joined Zoetis as a veterinary specialist teaching continuing education to veterinarians and veterinary professionals. She is currently the Executive Director of the Zoetis Petcare Veterinary Professional Services and Medical Affairs Team. She is currently on committee for the American College of Veterinary Clinical Pharmacology, Partners for Healthy Pets, Pet Leadership Council, and the Veterinary Virtual Care Association. ZoetisPetcareNetwork.com0 comments0
- Episode #208 - An Interview with Dr. Doug MaderDr. Doug Mader is a triple board certified veterinary specialist and has been a veterinarian for over four decades. He is an internationally recognized speaker, has written three best-selling medical textbooks, and numerous scientific publications. He is a seven time winner of the North American Veterinary Community Speaker of the Year Award and a four time winner of the Western Veterinary Conference Educator of the Year Award. He is the author of a new, best-selling book, The Vet at Noah's Ark: Stories of Survival from an Inner-City Animal Hospita l. He has won many awards and has been featured on Animal Planet, Discovery, National Geographic and more. Find Dr. Mader's book on Amazon and contact him through Linkedin.0 comments0
- Episode #207 - An Interview with Dr. Jeff RothsteinDr. Jeff Rothstein is a DVM, MBA, speaker, author, and the Co-founder and Co-president of Mission Veterinary Partners (missionvetpartners.com). Dr. Rothstein bought his first veterinary practice within one year of veterinary school and built it into a multi-hospital network, The Progressive Pet Animal Hospitals (PPAH), which he merged into Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) in 2017. Contact Dr. Rothstein at firstname.lastname@example.org comments0
- Episode #206 - An Interview with Dr. Sean McPeckDr. Sean McPeck is the owner of Tier 1 Veterinary Medical Center in Palmer Alaska. He is a former Army Ranger who developed his leadership as a Sniper Team Leader and Veterinarian with the US Army Special Operations, 75th Ranger Regiment. Dr. McPeck runs a 20,000 square foot veterinary hospital with more than 70 staff members. He has multiple combat deployments and is the recipient of the Cambat Action Badge, and is Ranger, Sniper, and Airborne qualified. Dr. McPeck authored The RCAP, Ranger Canine Athletic Program, whick was the first comprehensive military canine conditioning program. Contact Dr. McPeck. Tier 1 Veterinary Medical Center0 comments0
- The Veterinary Life Coach® Podcast with Dr. Julie Cappel Dec 15 · 1h 6m Episode #205 - An Interview with Dr. Aaron MassecarDr. Aaron Massecar has a PhD in Philosophy from the Uniersity of Guelph. He is an author, speaker, and the executive director of the Veterinary Innovation Council. Dr. Massecar is the author of one book and one co-edited book, seven journal articles, and eight book reviews. He has presented at seventeen international conferences and nine public and professional conferences. He helped to establish the Office of Innovation and Entrepreneurship that created the Veterinary Innovation Summit and the Veterinary Entrepreneurship Academy.0 comments0
- Episode #204 - An Interview with Andrea LukacAndrea Lukac is a NLP trainer, hypnosis coach, and psychological counselor. When Andrea entered the working world after studing economics she quickly noticed how unhappy she and the other people around her were in their lives. Andrea has a desire to assist people to take ownership of their life and learn how to set helahty boundaries based on their needs and wants. She uses her knowledge of human behavior to help people overcome stress, overwhelm, and past trauma. Find her at Andrea Lukac Take Back Your Power0 comments0
- Episode #203 - Showing Up for YourselfDo you show up for yourself? We have a tendency to show up for our clients, our family, and our friends, but rarely do we show up for ourselves. In order to be healthy, mentally and physically, you have to become aware of your goals, and work to follow through. Setting yourself up for success begins with accepting that you are worthy of amazing results in life. Set some goals, examine your thoughts, acknowledge your emotions, set strong boundaries, and work to take care of number one, YOU! veterinarylifecoach.com0 comments0
- Episode #202 - An Interview with Dr. Jessie SandersDr. Jessie Sanders, DVM, CertAqV is the owner and cheif veterinarian of Aquatic Veterinary Services. She received her veterinary degree from Tufts University and is the 2020 President of the American Association of Fish Veterinarians and the private practice chair of the Aquatic Veterinary Medicine Committee of the American Veterinary Medical Assoication. Dedicating her career to improving veterinary care of aquatic pets, Dr. Sanders has spent many hours training to build a unique set of skills to pass on to pet fish owners. On this podcast Jessie shares her secrets to success in starting and running her successful veterinary practice treating exclusively fish. You can learn more about Dr. Sanders at www.drjessiesanders.com.0 comments0
- Episode #201 - Taking ActionIn order to feel better and accomplish everything that you want in life you have to take action. Action gets things done and action changes the way you feel. Action steps are sometimes difficult to do because they feel awkward or scary. When you feel fear of failure, you will often get stuck in inaction. On this podcast we continue talking about limiting beliefs and how you can take action to overcome your limitations. Need coaching? Go to my website veterinarylifecoach.com0 comments0
- Episode #200 - Your Limiting BeliefsDo you ever feel overwhelmed and stuck in your life? Those feelings often are a result of your limiting beliefs. On this episdoe we explore common limiting beliefs and how to uncover them. Working through your limiting beliefs will show you how to break loose and begin to take action in life. Once you uncover those beliefs you can open up to your unlimited potential. Need coaching? Contact me at veterinarylifecoach.com0 comments0
- The Veterinary Life Coach® Podcast with Dr. Julie Cappel Nov 3 · 1h 2m Episode #199 - An Interview with Michael HarrisMichael Harris is a number one bestselling author of the book, "Falling Down Getting Up". Michael is a business coach, entrepreneur, speaker, and yoga studio owner and instructor. Michael talks about his near death experience and his journey back to health. Michael also teaches us about yoga and how to deal with our monkey mind.0 comments0
- Episode #198 - Veterinary Liability Insurance with Jonathan DeckerJonathan Decker is an Account Executive with Gallagher and Team Leader for 360 Coverage Pros Professional Veterinarian Liability Insurance. Veterinarians need liability insurance to cover for claims of medical malpractice and licensing board complaints. Jonathan explains how this coverage works and how veterinarians can learn more about liability insurance. Find more information on the website: 360 Coverage Pros0 comments0
- Episode #197 - Let's Talk About ChangeWhy do we resist change and why does it often feel so hard? It has to do with our comfort zone and our fear of failure. What if we make the wrong choice? What if our new situation is not what we dreamed it would be. On this episode we talk about how to narrow down your choices whether you are changing a bad habit or changing jobs, you can make change feel easier. You will make changes that create the results that you want. veterinarylifecoach.com0 comments0
- Episode #196 - Brownies for Breakfast with Lynne BowmanLynne Bowmen is the author of "Brownies for Breakfast - A Cookbook for Diabetics and the People Who Love Them." She describes herself as a snarky grandma, but she is an accomplished author, creative director, advertising manager, actress, makeup artist, screen writer, legal journalist, and television weather person. Lynne talks about eating to reverse chronic disease and becomeing more healthy by eating a plant based diet, sleeping better, and honoring your self-care routine. You can find Lynne at lynnebowman.com0 comments0
- Episode #195 - Challenges Make Veterinary Life BetterWhy do veterinarians do what we do? We know that Veterinary Medicine is a challenging profession. We deal with difficult situations every day - situations that challenge us mentally, emotionally, and physically. We need to care for ourselves first, and one way to do that is to decide that challenges are healthy for our growth. Meaning in life is enhanced with the pressure and stress that challenges bring.0 comments0
© Dr. Julie A. Cappel 2023