How do you build the safest and smartest marketplace in the world? - You add friction. But how do you grow and scale it - you get rid of friction. This is one of the biggest challenges you’d face if you’re building a marketplace in the childcare industry.
We spoke with Ari Last, founder of Bubble, to find out the ups and downs of building a marketplace in one of the most sensitive industries. And no, Bubble is not “the Uber for babysitting”.
In this episode:
- Ari’s personal journey to building a platform of 130,000 members
- How do you drive demand without being too salesy (your child is not a pizza, right?)
- How is the product addressing the leakage issues?
- What’s the impact of lower pricing on activation?
- Why the first-time user experience is everything for consumer products that deal with such a sensitive area
- What’s the biggest challenge for the childcare industry
- And of course, the elephant in the room, Covid, and how they’re fighting back