In this episode, Steven is joined by fellow investors, Amber and Glenn Schworm. After getting into Real Estate investing in an attempt to clear credit card debt, they have gone on to teach others their success formula. Listen in as Steven, Amber and Glenn talk about creating a compelling vision of your future, the security of Real Estate to reach it, and passive investing through lending.
- When you look at Real Estate, on a long enough time horizon, the security is very strong.
- Learn that process of flipping houses, because just through the finding process, you'll become such a good investor moving forward, and once you know how to find deals, you can’t help but see them and apply it to larger projects.
- You can create a higher return if you're willing to invest that time and be willing to have those interruptions of your life to make those core decisions when managing a property in a semi-passive investment strategy.
- To really start to make that change, and start to understand the strategies, you want to get around other people who are doing this actively, and start building your team of advisers that are going to help get you access to the type of deals you want.
- When investing make sure that you are going to get a note and a mortgage that's going to be filed with title. Insurance is also a critical piece for protection of your investment.
- The worst looking deals are the ones that people are the most hesitant about but that does not mean they cannot be profitable.
Interested in connecting with other like-minded individuals? Then join our VonFinch Private Capital Network. Learn more at http://www.vonfinch.com/invest.
About our Guests:
Amber and Glenn Schworm
We started our career in Real Estate investing out of sheer desperation. We were in $80K of credit card debt and needed to make large chunks of cash to get out from under it. In 2007 we flipped our first house and made $17,000. On our second flip, we profited $33,000 in 33 days. That’s when we knew we were on to something. We always wanted to help people, so when we proved the model, we set to do just that by offering and teaching our successful formula. We wanted to show other people how to change their lives as we changed ours through Real Estate Investing. We’ve now flipped over 1000 houses and counting.