Your hesitancy to make decisions may be part of an emotional concussion, a disturbing event(s) that happened over the course of your life that is keeping you in a perceived safe place so that you are not taking even a calculated risk.
In this episode, Steven is joined by Dr. Don Wood, the creator of the TIPP method that helps you get past trauma and set yourself up for peak performance. Listen as they discuss the best ways to overcome fears that may stop you from exploring investing, how to avoid emotional concussions and learn the ability to start reprogramming yourself to tell a new story for your own financial and personal success.
- The best way to overcome fears is to make small changes in consequential changes.
- Create opportunities to have inconsequential conversations without any fear of committing yourself to anything.
- The key is to get to the root cause if you’re finding that there's some sort of a block that you cannot move past.
- You do not have to have a big T Trauma to have emotional blockages that are keeping you from moving forward.
- Learn to reset that old memory so that it is not being seen in real time and allows you to stay present and make the best decision.
Interested in connecting with other like-minded individuals? Then join our VonFinch Private Capital Network. Learn more at http://www.vonfinch.com/invest.
About our Guest:
Don Wood, Ph.D., is an author, speaker, Founder & CEO of the Inspired Performance Institute, and creator of the patented TIPP method.
TIPP is a cutting-edge method inspired and developed through the newest developments in neuroscience and designed to clear away the effects of disturbing or traumatic events, repurpose old patterns, and set the individual’s mind up for peak performance. In essence, it “REBOOTs” the brain’s stuck thought pattern, making it possible to enhance alpha oscillations with a noninvasive and effective shift in brain wave activity.
He is also the author of two top-selling books, Emotional Concussions and You Must Be Out of Your Mind.