The HomePods are arriving at people's doorsteps and the reviews are in — let's have an honest chat about HomePod V2. Plus: Apple is planning an even BIGGER Ultra Watch, and a folder iPad is in the works!
This episode supported by
Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
Cult of Mac's watch store is full of beautiful straps that cost way less than Apple's. See the full curated collection at Store.Cultofmac.com
CultCloth will keep your Mac Studio, Studio Display, iPhone 14, glasses and lenses sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CarryCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
This week's stories
HomePod 2 review roundup: Great sound but no giant leap forward
- If there’s a bottom line to HomePod 2 reviews published Tuesday by the likes of CNET, The Verge, TechRadar and TechCrunch, it’s that the new full-size HomePod is a fine choice for hardcore Apple users of means — but not so much for anyone else.
HomePod 2 wait times stretch out until March
- Order the recently unveiled HomePod 2 from the online Apple store today and it might not arrive until March. Preorders for the revived version of Apple’s full-size smart speaker have surpassed the launch-day supply.
Kuo: Apple to Release Foldable iPad With Carbon Fiber Kickstand in 2024
- Apple will launch a foldable iPad with a carbon fiber kickstand sometime next year, according to analyst Ming-Chi Kuo.
Apple Smart Home Display: Everything We Know
- Apple is working on a new Home accessory that is designed to serve as a central hub for smart home management. The Apple TV and the HomePod are already home hubs and almost all Apple devices can control a HomeKit setup, but Apple is designing an all-in-one home management product to make control even easier.
The giveaway this week is from SwitchEasy it's for the Orbit Universal Magnetic Stand.
- SwitchEasy’s Orbit Universal Magnetic Stand is fully adjustable and extendable for the perfect view, with strong magnets to mount any MagSafe-compatible iPhone (or compatible case).
Apple Watch Ultra With Nearly 10% Larger Display Rumored to Launch Next Year
- A new Apple Watch Ultra with a larger 2.1-inch display will be released in 2024, according to a report today from Taiwanese publication DigiTimes, citing industry sources.
Jony Ive creates ‘perfect’ schnoz for Comic Relief’s Red Nose Day
- Legendary Apple design chief Jony Ive, responsible for the look and feel of iconic products like iPhone, grabbed headlines Wednesday for a new creation — a big, red paper nose. That may sound odd, but it’s for a good cause.