No host has claimed this podcast yet, if you are the host you can verify ownership by claiming this podcast
© The Board Boys 2017
The Board Boys Podcast
4.7 out of 5 stars
4.7 Based on 9 reviews
5 out of 5 stars
Interesting and Entertaining!
Very funny and doesn’t ramble like a lot of pods these days.
5 out of 5 stars
The best boardgame podcast
Informative. Entertaining. Structured enough that it doesn’t ramble, spontaneous enough that it’s never quite the same. I’ve bought several games off of their reviews and they’ve been spot on with the pros and cons (and prawns).
5 out of 5 stars
Love the banter and the thoughtful discussion about the games. Also really like that the podcast’s approach spotlights some older games that are often overlooked.
5 out of 5 stars
Great content and fun to listen to! They always have great takes on games and the banter is wonderful!
5 out of 5 stars
I’ve listened to literally tens of BoardGameGeek podcasts. This is on of the better ones. Congratulate yourselves.
5 out of 5 stars
After spending 40+ hours listening to this, I almost feel like I know these guys. Most episodes just feel like the low key hangouts that I live for with friends who are just nerding out and having fun. Super informative and would 100% recommend for anyone to listen to, whether you’re only on board for a specific game, or if you’re planning to power through every session. Check it out
5 out of 5 stars
If you’re into hearing a buncha dorks talk about dorky stuff for an hour, then this is the right place. Board game culture is starting to get more popular, but some of the more elaborate games can seem overwhelming. Whether you’re a n00b who wants to learn more or a board game vet that’s played them all, this show does a good job of breaking down the mechanics of the games they play, and it doesn’t feel like reading from instruction manual. V entertaining. V fun.
5 out of 5 stars
Two Thumbs Up For These Jabronis.
If I had more thumbs, I’d give more thumbs up. I’m not super into board games, but this podcast makes me want to be. The guys have good chemistry together and are clearly well-versed in what they love. Plus, it’s nice to listen to when I’m wandering around the grocery store!
5 out of 5 stars
A gift for everyone
This podcast is a generous gift. It’s entertaining and informative, and it’s based on real experiences. What Board Boys does best is make me want to play board games. They communicate how fun it is, and exactly what you’re getting into with any particular game.
- Amount of episodes
- Explicit content
- Episode type
- Podcast link
- Last upload date
- November 24, 2022
- Last fetch date
- November 27, 2022 12:26 AM
- Upload range
- The Board Boys
- The Board Boys 2017
- Season 11, Episode 9 - Flamcraft (LIVE from BGGCon)Joined by Board Game Gumbo and Grant's Game Recs, Board Boys talk Flamecraft, the beautiful new hit from Cardboard Alchemy and designer Manny Vega. Flamecraft is a game about sweet-talking cute little dragons into making artisan goods in a charming fantasy village, but does it also have some teeth? Also discussed, favorites from BGGCon 2022. Music: E.V.A. - Jean-Jacques Perrey, Dragon Tales Theme Song - Mary Wood, Dead or Alive (Double Dragon II Theme) - Meldac Corp's Double Dragon II Arranged Soundtrack0 comments0
- Season 11 - Blue Orange Games Bonus EpisodeHey everyone! I special bonus episode is dropping that has Board Boy Rob and Board Boy Beau talking about some of the new games from Blue Orange Games! Getting an 8 year old to hold still and talk into the mic is fun so don't mind a little bit of rustling noise in the recording! See which games Beau gives his biggest ratings to! Games discussed: Museum Suspects, Next Station London, Bag of Chips, Pop The Box, and Ice Hoppers. With a special look at Surgery Masters!0 comments0
- Season 11, Episode 8 - Twilight InscriptionBoard Boys are back with a review for Twilight Inscription, the Twilight Imperium flavored roll and write from Fantasy Flight Games and designer James Kniffen. Does the TI vibe soak through? Yes. Are the markers very, very orange? Yes. Will the Winnu ever be cool? No. Other games discussed: Twilight Imperium (duh), Meadow, The Great American Mail Race, Hadrian's Wall, Ultimate Railroads (not really, episode forthcoming), Flamecraft, Dokmus (name drop), Pandemic: Rapid Response, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Memoir '44, Tower of Madness, Broom Service (a little bit). Music: E.V.A. - Jean-Jacques Perrey, Happy Birthday, Tony! - Woosh (The Birthday Boys), Anus of Uranus - Klaatu0 comments0
- Season 11, Episode 7 - My Father's WorkHappy Halloween from Board Boys, we're tackling My Father's Work by T.C. Petty III and Renegade Game Studios, a mad scientist worker placement game with branching storylines. Who will honor their forefathers and who will fail and die peniless? Other games discussed: Dominion, Chakra, Sea Salt and Paper, Manic Mages, Dungeons and Dragons, Birdwatcher, Root (at 5p), Goetia- The Nine Kingdoms of Solomon, Betrayal at House on the Hill 3rd Ed., Fearsome Floors Music: He's So Shy - The Pointer Sisters, Aaa - They Might Be Giants0 comments0
- Season 11, Episode 6 - CarnegieBoard Boys swear allegiance to the steel industry as well as public libraries during a game of Carnegie from Quined Games and designer Xavier Georges. Cam edits out 95 percent of the episode, Kersting starts tracking his plays, and Rob does a great impression of his cinematic hero. Other games discussed: Caverna, Twilight Inscription, A Study in Emerald, Dark Moon Board Boys Bump: Chronicles of Crime Music: E.V.A. - Jean-Jacques Perrey, Tinseltown in the Rain - The Blue Nile, In a Big Country - Big Country (this episode's nasty jams are brought to you by Scottish born innovators, just like Andrew Carnegie himself)0 comments0
- Season 11, Episode 5 - Hansa TeutonicaBoard Boys are back and finally ready to review Hansa Teutonica (Andreas Steding, Pegasus Spiele) wayyyyy after it came out, but hey, there's a Big Box now. Other games discussed: (warning, the podcast starts talking about games 17 min in this time) Look at the Stars, Ticket to Ride, Bitoku (again), Unearth, Space Station Phoenix (again), Dulce, 1960: The Making of the President, Kites, Next Station: London (Flip and write? Flippin' right!), Regicide. Board Boys Bump: Dice Hospital Music: E.V.A. - Jean-Jacques Perrey, Da da da, ich lieb dich nicht du liebst mich nicht aha aha aha - Trio, Naturträne - Nina Hagen0 comments0
- Season 11, Episode 4 - BitokuBoard Boys are back and respecting the spirit of the forest for Bitoku, a game about having many rivers to cross. Also in this episode: Wormholes, Canvas, Space Station Phoenix, Shadows Over Camelot, Cosmic Encounter, Museum Suspects, Hansa Teutonica, Dice Throne, Marvel United. Board Boys Bump: Cascadia0 comments0
- Season 11, Episode 3 - AgricolaBoard Boys Podcast is finally reviewing Agricola just in time for the game to be old enough to drive. Also in this episode, we discuss our respective entries into gaming, introduce a new segment in which listeners share their opinions on games we review, and spend too long comparing the titular Agricola to the legends of classic rock.0 comments0
- Season 11, Episode 2 - Foundations of RomeIn this episode, we play a short(ish) game in a huge box, Foundations of Rome, from Emerson Matsuuchi and Arcane Wonders. Also in this episode, Cardboard Caucus recap, Game of Thrones talk, and Board Boy Cam keeps critically missing the landing on tired jokes.0 comments0
- Season 11, Episode 1 - First RatBoard Boys are back, baby, for the season 11 opener, First Rat, by Gabriele Ausiello and Virginio Gigli. Board Boys Tim and Jake make their first appearance as regular hosts and good sport Dealt Hand Joe joins us for the episode after a very long game of Twilight Imperium. Also, we take a look back at several previous episodes in an extended Board Boys Bump, Cam talks Tetris music, and Rob introduces the homies to a game about psychics, pizza, and spooky ghosts.0 comments0
- Season X Finale - Great Western Trail 2nd EditionAlthough we've come to the end of the road - still I can't let go. It's unnatural - you belong to me, I belong to you. Although we've come to the end of the road - still I can't let go. It's unnatural - you belong to me, I belong to you. Your favorite boys are back as Board Boy Josh and Board Boy Ben officially ride off into the sunset in Great Western Trail Second Edition. This episode the boys look back on the games they've played over the past five years and dust off an old faorite, kazoo that tune.0 comments0
- Season Ten, Episode Twelve: Perseverance: Castaway Chronicles - Episode 1 & 2Your favorite boys are back to tackle another recent Kickstarter megahit from Mindclash Games, Perseverance: Castaway Chronicles - Episode 1 & 2. Also this episode: Adele, Ashanti, Beck, Beyoncé, Björk, Bono, Che, Ciara, Coolio, Drake, Eminem, Fabio, Fergie, Flea, Kesha, Lorde, Madonna, Morrissey, Nas, Nelly, Oprah, Pink, Prince, Rihanna, Seal, Shakira, Sinbad, Sting, Teller, Twiggy, Xzibit, Zendaya and so, so many more. Board Boy Josh also revisits some of his favorite, and most infuriating moments from his five years on the podcast. We hope you like board games!0 comments0
- Season Ten, Episode Eleven: Battle of Five ArmiesHalf of your favorite boys are back with a brand new episode to tackle Battle of Five Armies from Ares Games. Rob and Ben tackled War of the Ring (also from Ares Games) earlier this season soooooo how does Battle of Five Armies hold up? Will the Elven king, the Dwarves of Dain Ironfoot, and the Men of the Lake defend themslves against the likes of Bolg, son of Azog? Or, will Bilbo and Galdalf perish in a last stand at the Front Gate? Also this episode: Rob's mailbox explodes with recent Kickstarter deliveries; Josh shares clues about the epic conclusion of season X; Rob and Cam save the world from aliens (we're assuming that is why they aren't here).0 comments0
- Season X, Episode X: Return to Dark TowerYour favorite boys are back to tackle a recent Kickstarter mega, colossal, gargantuan, mammoth success, Return to Dark Tower. Sure this game raised over $4 MM via crowdfunding, but where does it rank on the boing, boing, boing scale?!? Also this episode: Tim dishes on his favorite books, and books he has never read; speaking of books, Josh tackles the Bible with the dopest rap ever; Josh also shares a quick update on the future of the podcast as we near the end of season X... gon' give it to 'ya.0 comments0
- Season Ten, Episode Nine - Wonderland's WarBoard Boys are back with special guest Jason Gould and guest host extraordinaire Two Hundred time Tim Kersting to play Wonderland's War, a bag building push your luck area control game set in the probably opium-influenced world of Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland. Buckle up for 18 minutes on TI4 and that's no joke. Also, Beetlejuice comes to the world of Musical Theater and Board Boy Rob played a Game of Cat and Mouth. We hope you like board games.0 comments0
- Season Ten, Episode Eight - Ark NovaThis time on the Board Boys we go over the current mega hotness Ark Nova from Capstone Games! Join us as we work hard on our conservation and appeal in our individual zoos. We are visited by a guest this week and talk about some other great games including Last Light, Bunny Kingdom, Key to the Kingdom, and Isle of Cats! Josh tries to get Rob to buy everyone's boardgames at Dungeons Gate and we enter the hot seat once again! We hope you like board games!0 comments0
- Season Ten, Episode Seven: DinogenicsYour favorite boys are back proving that life truly does find a way. This episode the dino boys tackled DinoGenics from Ninth Haven Games. DinoGenics is a competitive game for two to five players, in which each player attempts to build and run their own successful dinosaur park. Also this episode: Rob and Josh revisit the World of Warcraft discussion; Josh sets the record straight on the Lords of Waterdeep episode; and Ben breaks down his Wordle strategy. We hope you like Dinosaur board games!0 comments0
- Season Ten, Episode Six: GolemIn this episode, The Board Boys tackle Golem from Cranio Creations! Also in this episode, Cam tries out a sports metaphor, we talk about old MMO exploits, and the boys also played a great game of Lords of Waterdeep. Ten time Tim is back and talks about being a Euchre hustler and can Campbell improve society with his new rule? All that and more! There Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now! Boing boing boing!0 comments0
- Season Ten, Episode Five: Boon LakeYour favorite boys are back, tackling the lateset from legendary designer, Alexander Pfister, Boon Lake. Rob described this game as Alexander Pfister the board game - does that description hold up? We're mixed. Also this episode: Josh and Cam dish on things Rob hates; Josh and Rob continue their new segment talking about Elden Ring; and the boys bump or dump Rob's favorite Matagot game, Cyclades. We hope you like board games.0 comments0
- Season Ten, Episode Four: Merchants of the Dark RoadYour favorite boys are back for another board game review. This time they're tackling the latest from Elf Creek Games, Merchants of the Dark Road. Spoiler, this game is good. Like really, really good BUT are there some problems we have with it? Maybe. Maybe not. Better listen to find out. Also this episode: Ben actually played some games; Josh didn't; Josh and Rob have a surprisingly long discussion about the latest from, From Software, Elden Ring. We hope you like board games ... and video games too apparently.0 comments0
- Season Ten, Episode Three: Messina 1347Your favorite boys are back tackling the latest, greatst from Deliciious Games, Messina 1347. Cam was finally back from Peru so it was only fitting that we played a truly great thinker stinker. It ain't easy beaing a wealthy land owner, saving citizens, fireballing rats and building buildings, but somebody has to do it. Also this episode: Cam gives a summary of his trip to Peru; Josh drops some truly interesting facts about truly random things; Rob gets another Lord of the Rings tattoo; the boys enjoy some Snoop Dogg wine.0 comments0
- Season Ten, Episode Two: MeadowYour favorite boys are back for another naturetastic episode - this week tackling the latest from Rebel Studio, Meadows. Board Boy Cam is still in Peru. Luckily fellow bald man, Dave Kuntz, was able to join to help tackle this cute, surprisingly clever game. Also this episode: Josh and Ben talk about the latest TV shows they've been consumed by; Rob explains how the "Hot Games" room at BGGCOn works; Rob enteres the hot seat and more. We hope you like board games.0 comments0
- Season X, Episode One: WindwardWelcome to season ... X. I have not idea how we've made it nearly five years but here we are. Board Boy Campbell was in Peru this episode so your favorite boys (minus Cam) tackled recent Kickstarter success, Windward from El Dorado Games. Only one airship can take victory in a game where air combat and navigating the skies reigh supreme. Also this episode: Josh introduces his first ever four boinger game; Rob learns a little about icing; Ben, I mean Gart, is back with so many updates to share.0 comments0
- Season Nine, Episode Thirteen: The HungerYour favorite boys are back, putting season nine (holy cow!) to rest with The Hunger - the latest, greatest from Renegade Game Studios and Origames. Board Boy Ben managed to get COVID so we had our good friend Jake fill his very, very large shoes (literally ... Ben's shoes are huge). Also this episode: how many vampire movies can Rob name?; how many Limp Bizkit albums can everyone name?; Cam introduces a new segment; we retire a new segment; we hope you like board games!0 comments0
- Season Nine, Bonus Episode Three - Bump or Dumpapolooza and CalicoThird time is the charm for the third bonus episode this season! In this one we look at Calico from AEG and Flatout Games! We also take a trip down memory lane and look back at all the previous games we have reviewed in a massive Bump or Dumpapolooza. Rob gets to give his hot takes on all the old games before he was on the cast. Cam digs up some old BB nuggets and conversations and we find out what game Rob created a promo for! Will someone hand out the elusive 4 boings as we dig through 44..oh wait make it 45 games in our longest most epic podcast yet. Also in this episode we have some hot news about a new game not announced anywhere else yet and a question to answer in the guild!0 comments0