No host has claimed this podcast yet, if you are the host you can verify ownership by claiming this podcast
© Copyright 2017 The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard
The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard
5 out of 5 stars
A Great Listen!!
Great podcast! Super informative and it’s nice hearing differ guests telling their stores. I think it’s important to always be open to other individuals perspectives of things and this podcast absolutely does that.
5 out of 5 stars
Rare find in the podcast world
Blessed is the day that I stumbled upon AWSY and NightGaunt! This was exactly what I was looking for! A place to learn and hear about many things that aren’t openly spoken about in the mundane world!
5 out of 5 stars
Love from a jerky chaote
Really love the diversity of backgrounds and practices amongst the guests, smart and highly entertaining, and refreshing to also find a voice for magickal folk who aren’t just ‘Wicca is the only acceptable practice of magick!!!’ That I hear so often.
5 out of 5 stars
Entertaining AND informative
I stumbled across this podcast after being disappointed in so many other occult themed shows, and Mr Nightgaunt drew me in from the very first episode. His anecdotes are concise and pertinent to the subject, and his interaction with the guests captured a lot of information, while still being fun and loose. Definitely one of my regular podcasts now!
5 out of 5 stars
This is the podcast I have been looking for! Every guest has had me asking questions and wanting to know more. Keep up the great work! I especially enjoyed Ryan and SJ in episodes 5, 6 and 7. I'd love to hear from them in the future. Thank you for making a fascinating show about magic!
5 out of 5 stars
The host is great and his guests are interesting! Check it out if you’re interested in magick - this podcast is the only one worth listening to on the topic. Love it.
- Amount of episodes
- Explicit content
- Episode type
- Podcast link
- Last upload date
- February 18, 2022
- Last fetch date
- June 3, 2023 2:11 AM
- Upload range
- Aaron Nightgaunt
- Copyright 2017 The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard
- The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard Podcast Astrology Update Volume VArtemis Stranger is back, discussing the USA's first Pluto Return, slated for February 22nd, 2022. After a recap of the last Astrology Update, Artemis plunged headlong into an analysis of the Taurus/Scorpio "Dark Side of Finance" we're experiencing, followed by a look at older nations that have experienced multiple Pluto Returns: Rome, England, and Russia. she touched on the Closing Square in 1982 that set the stage for this Pluto Return and we discussed how it will manifest and what echoes of the nation's birth will claw their way into the public's consciousness.0 comments0
- The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard - Episode 39Our guest this episode is Johnny Khaos, a multidisciplinary occultist, astrologer, fine artist, and fellow Detroiter. We covered quite a bit of ground in this discussion, from Hellenic Astrology to Symbolism to art to cults. Johnny also spoke extensively on his early experiences with Occultism, including Shamanism, Wicca, and Hermetic magick. Johnny can be found at JohnnyKhaos.com and on Facebook. Additionally, our buddy from Episode 24, Phil Brucato, has a new Urban Fantasy Novel entitled “Red Shoes” getting ready to drop. Phil is a fantastic writer and his role-playing game books have influenced thousands of creative folk, including Yours Truly through the years. Please support this worthy project if you’ve the means to do so! Another dear friend of the Salvage Yard, S.J. Tucker, has two online concerts coming up! The first, “On the Water” is coming up in just a few days on November 21st and the second, “Midwinter Music” will be on December 20th. CLICK HERE to be instantly transported to all the sonic bliss you can stand. Also, if you find the Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard Podcast, valuable, interesting, or entertaining, please share this (or any other) episode on social media. Tell your friends. Tell your co-workers. Tell the clerk at the corner gas station. Take a look at SalvagedWisdom.com and see if anything there speaks to you. ALL proceeds go to help keep The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard Podcast afloat. Thank you, everyone, for your continuing enthusiasm and support! Nightgaunt loves you.0 comments0
- The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard - Episode 37Tonight’s interview went a little differently than most. It was less an interview than a sort of rambling conversation looping back on itself and picking up loose threads. Our guest is Jason Kero...oneironaut, visual artist, musician, and seeker after truth. The conversation touches on several topics, from music to lost civilizations to altered states of consciousness to...well, a lot more. Among the wide range of subjects is Jason’s project Resolution Soundwerks , under which banner he releases his own music, but also provides help to other artists in finding their audience and even help with translating the art in their heads into the real world. You can find Resolution Soundwerks at: Instagram YouTube Bandcamp An extended version of this interview and assorted other candy is available to Salvage League Patrons! You too can help support the Salvage Yard over at the Salvage League Patreon page!0 comments0
- The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard - Episode 36Before the interview, Nightgaunt told the sad tale of the passing from this world of his water heater Pauline and of the injuries he sustained therefrom. Based on some social media comments, he spoke a little on the nature of the DKMU and about some of the erroneous rumors about it. Our guest this episode was Ian Jaydid, author of the fictional Tripping the Field and the non-fiction Migration , as well as the host of The Paranormal Atheist YouTube channel. Ian first spoke a little about himself and the experiences which led him to the understanding and realizations that form the groundwork of Migration , which involve our changing relationship with media and the narratives we create and frequently adopt from outside sources. The discussion then segued into the nature of consciousness. Ian contended (and Nightgaunt concurred) that consciousness likely isn’t what the prevailing scientific assumption says it is and that it likely exists outside of mere electrical impulses within the brain. Ian then spoke about disconnecting from not only one’s personal narrative, but from all narratives, and about how this opens the door to a more balanced appreciation of art and other media, as well as increased ability to travel out of body and dream lucidly. Media, Ian asserted, is in many ways like a drug, capable of releasing mood-altering chemicals in the body. Recognizing what it is about certain media that keeps you hooked can facilitate breaking free from its control and appreciating it for what it is. Another benefit of effectively managing the narratives in your life is an increased ability to make sense of spiritual experiences and viewing them with more clarity. Ian gave several examples of this in his own experiences. Finally, Ian spoke about techniques to step outside of one’s narratives and provided meditation suggestions to help with this. I am now doing this podcast full-time, with plans to greatly expand its scope, now that I have the time, but I need your help to bring this vision into existence. While the Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard will always be free, there is now an associated Patreon where supporters can get early access to (much more frequent) shows, access to exclusive content and our new Discord server, Salvage Yard swag, discounts at SalvagedWisdom.com, and first look at all the new stuff that's on the way! Our initial goal (to cover the costs of producing the Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard and help keep the lights on at Casa del Nightgaunt) is 500 Patrons. You can become a Patron for less than the cost of a fast food value meal or a fancy coffee from one of those trendy caffeinemongers! Please take a look and select a membership tier that's comfortable for you over at the Salvage League. Thanks so VERY much for your support! Also, if you find the Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard Podcast, valuable, interesting, or entertaining, please share this (or any other) episode on social media. Tell your friends. Tell your co-workers. Tell the clerk at the corner gas station. Take a look at SalvagedWisdom.com and see if anything there speaks to you. ALL proceeds go to help keep The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard Podcast afloat. Thank you, everyone, for your continuing enthusiasm and support! Nightgaunt loves you.0 comments0
- The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard - Episode 35Join Ryan Loyd, Sorcerer Tal, and your Friendly Neighborhood Nightgaunt as we devour a mouthwatering smorgasbord of Occult topics...and some not-so-Occult topics! The impetus of our meeting this night was to compare and contrast the Linking Sigil and S1 Sigil, which we did at length and the discussion moved on from there. In response to some questions from Ryan, Sorcerer Tal talked about the nature of the Horde and about his interactions with it, also covering the Nothing and the Roadhouse. More about these topics can be found in Episode 30, if you’d like a more extensive overview. We talked about the effects of child-rearing on Occult studies and one’s personal magickal practice, which ended up leading to a discussion about the nature of archetypal entities such as the Grim Reaper, as well as the give-and-take between humans and their gods. This lead to further conversation and personal experiences with various spirits. An anecdote from Ryan about an outlandish dream from his childhood sparked an examination of animal lore involving behavior and symbolism. At this point, all three of us were fairly sleep-deprived and getting a little loopy and the discussion moved into how to annoy various kinds of animals. Sorcerer Tal gave his tips on how to irritate a goose and Ryan spun a tale about how he had once inadvertently enraged an octopus. We ended the night with a discussion concerning the Occult in politics (focusing on the Trump administration) and the pitfalls one encounters when attempting to influence politics with magick. Before the discussion, I told the story of what's been going on at Casa del Nightgaunt these last few months. I am now doing this podcast full-time, with plans to greatly expand its scope, now that I have the time, but I need your help to bring this vision into existence. While the Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard will always be free, there is now an associated Patreon where supporters can get early access to (much more frequent) shows, access to exclusive content and our new Discord server, Salvage Yard swag, discounts at SalvagedWisdom.com, and first look at all the new stuff that's on the way! Our initial goal (to cover the costs of producing the Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard and help keep the lights on at Casa del Nightgaunt) is 500 Patrons. You can become a Patron for less than the cost of a fast food value meal or a fancy coffee from one of those trendy caffeinemongers! Please take a look and select a membership tier that's comfortable for you over at the Salvage League. Thanks so VERY much for your support! Also, if you find the Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard Podcast, valuable, interesting, or entertaining, please share this (or any other) episode on social media. Tell your friends. Tell your co-workers. Tell the clerk at the corner gas station. Take a look at SalvagedWisdom.com and see if anything there speaks to you. ALL proceeds go to help keep The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard Podcast afloat. Thank you, everyone, for your continuing enthusiasm and support! Nightgaunt loves you.0 comments0
- The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard - Episode 34Tonight, we’re talking with Rich Kiska and go on a captivating journey through the world of an occultist on the cutting edge. From Rich’s fascinating “origin story” through her manifold projects and experiments, I guarantee you’ll find new ideas and perspectives to play with in your own practice. First we explore Rich’s massive yet elegant viral servitor projects involving mass-scale emotional therapy and talk about muscle testing as a form of divination and spirit communication. From there, we backtracked a bit and heard Rich’s extraordinary origin story and how a spontaneous Kundalini awakening paved the way for her true self to move to the forefront, casting off the mask of who she was before. Rich went on to discuss a wide variety of topics including “The Map of Consciousness”, Attraction and Dominance, curses, spirit therapy, the natures of discarnate entities, how the Astral behaves like the Internet in more than just superficial ways, and the “nothing is too weird” services that she offers her clients. Rich Kiska is an energy healer and interdimensional correspondent based out of Connecticut. Her work pulls from a combination of traditional occult practices, yoga philosophy, and new energy healing modalities. If you’d like to contact Rich Kiska, she can be reached through her Facebook Profile. Also, if you find the Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard Podcast, valuable, interesting, or entertaining, please share this (or any other) episode on social media. Tell your friends. Tell your co-workers. Tell the clerk at the corner gas station. Take a look at SalvagedWisdom.com and see if anything there speaks to you. ALL proceeds go to help keep The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard Podcast afloat. Thank you, everyone, for your continuing enthusiasm and support! Nightgaunt loves you.0 comments0
- The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard - Episode 33Tonight, we hear from Yavhe Alexander and Cristian Velasco, two of the movers and shakers behind DKMU Latin America and the Hexorian Movement, a movement that was born of a DKMU operation and a mysterious dream. Hexorius is a godform whose sphere of influence is the unique magick of cities and the “shadow cities” that exist in a sort of mirror realm. Hidden spaces, city spirits, and urban mages all fall under Hexorius’ purview. Alexander and Cristian told the fascinating story of how first contact with Hexorius was made and of the ensuing rapid growth of the Hexorian Movement as people from all over the world took it up. The Hexorian Manifesto Magic Exists; its fire burns in all beings. The Assault on Reality has triumphed; it is time to rebuild. Every group and organization that promotes and supports magical cooperation is Hexorian in nature. Hate and discrimination will not be tolerated. We will learn together. We will learn by doing. The City will Feed Us. Finally, we talked about the Assault on Reality and what should come next, as we see it having been at least partially successful. How do we continue to build a new magickall world as the old world crumbles around us? Finally, we talked about the Assault on Reality and what should come next, as we see it having been at least partially successful. How do we continue to build a new magickal world as the old world crumbles around us? Also, if you find the Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard Podcast, valuable, interesting, or entertaining, please share this (or any other) episode on social media. Tell your friends. Tell your co-workers. Tell the clerk at the corner gas station. Take a look at SalvagedWisdom.com and see if anything there speaks to you. ALL proceeds go to help keep The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard Podcast afloat. Thank you, everyone, for your continuing enthusiasm and support! Nightgaunt loves you.0 comments0
- The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard Dec 14 · 1h 11m The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard Podcast - Astrology Update Volume IVArtemis Stranger has once again graced us with her presence to discuss the election aftermath, the upcoming Jupiter-Saturn Conjunction, and shed some light on Astrological Ages and specifically, the Age of Aquarius. Before Artemis popped in, I spoke a bit about “the Hexorian Movement”, a growing network of magicians that started in Latin America and has begun to spread into the U.S. and Europe. It’s concerned with hidden places within cities and the power that collects there (at least, that’s my impression). Hexorius is a recently awakened godform whose sphere of influence is these hidden urban areas. During the course of recording this episode, I was able to make contact with the Hexorian Movement and we’ll be hearing from a spokesperson in the first half of January, so stay tuned! Artemis and I first touched on the election aftermath and what we can expect to see begin to coalesce as we press forward. We spoke a bit about the recent rumblings from QAnon, which, at the time of this publication, seem to have been largely baseless. The great Jupiter-Saturn Conjunction taking place on December 21st will be the first such occurrence in Aquarius since the 17th Century, and according to Artemis, we will all be noticing an energetic shift as we head into 2021. We are entering a new era, but how things shake out depends on us. Have you done the work Saturn demands in order to reap the blessings of Jupiter? Following was a discussion on the Astrological Ages, starting with the Age of Leo about 12,000 years ago all the way up to the present day, on the cusp of the Age of Aquarius. Each Age has certain hallmarks, and right now, we’re leaving the Age of Pisces whose motto is “I believe,” and heading into the Age of Aquarius, whose motto is “I know.” Finally, Artemis spoke at length about just what the Age of Aquarius means in terms of humanity as a whole. A more collectivist mentality, extreme scientific breakthroughs, and new ways to communicate. Aquarius is very much about tearing down old structures and building something new, so buckle up; this could be a wild ride indeed. Artemis Stranger is a seasoned astrologer and writer of the Cult of Perception blog and provides astrological and Tarot divination services. Artemis can also be reached on Facebook and Instagram .0 comments0
- The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard - Episode 32In this episode, we get to know Witchdoctor Utu, founder of the award-winning and world renowned pagan drum troupe, the Dragon Ritual Drummers, member of the New Orleans Voodoo Spiritual Temple, founder of the Niagara Pagan Men’s Circle and the Niagara Voodoo Shrine, dedicated to Harriet Tubman and the spirits of the Underground Railroad. For over twenty years, he has been active in the Canadian and American pagan communities where he is a highly sought-after presenter and educator. Here, we focused on Utu’s book “Conjuring Harriet ‘Mama Moses’ Tubman”, covering the key concepts of this unique practice, as well as some of the rituals, history, and spirits. Utu’s approach is respectful, reverent, and loving and these qualities really came out during the interview. Finally, we discussed some of the controversy and criticism Utu’s work has been subject to over the last couple of years, how he has dealt with it, and how we, as pagans and occultists, can address such occurrences in a positive manner. Also, if you find the Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard Podcast, valuable, interesting, or entertaining, please share this (or any other) episode on social media. Tell your friends. Tell your co-workers. Tell the clerk at the corner gas station. This podcast is about to expand far beyond its current limitations and in order to make that a success, we need as many folks tuned in as we can get! Thank you, everyone, for your continuing enthusiasm and support! Nightgaunt loves you.0 comments0
- The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard Podcast - Astrology Update Volume IIIArtemis is back with her analysis of the coming U.S. Election! She breaks down the charts of DJ and Uncle Joe, analyzing how the current and upcoming astrological conditions will likely interplay with each candidate leading up to and including the election. Perhaps more importantly, Artemis talked about how the upcoming few weeks are going to affect all of US. How will some people react to a Trump win? How will others react to a Biden Win? And how will the astrological weather influence those reactions? Nothing is certain in these times, but forewarned is forearmed. Don’t miss this analysis of what is arguably the most contentious election in American History! Artemis Stranger is a seasoned astrologer and writer of the Cult of Perception blog and provides astrological and Tarot divination services. Artemis can also be reached on Facebook and Instagram.0 comments0
- The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard - Episode 31SJ Tucker (All links active in the show notes at ancientwisdomsalvageyard.com) This episode, the incomparable SJ Tucker joined us for an in-depth discussion about music and magick. Sooj described her early years and chronicled her magickal and musical journey from childhood to the pixie pirate mythpunk rock star we’ve come to know and love. Sooj went on to speak about the magick she weaves into her music and the dynamics of music, community, and the historic times we’re living in right now. We both had our say concerning creativity and performing the the Age of COVID and Sooj talked about what it took to create a new online concert venue from scratch. Next up was “Parenting for Weirdoes”, wherein we discussed parenting from a pagan and occult perspective, specifically the best ways of handling introducing children to magickal concepts. Throughout the episode, we played some of Sooj’s new tracks. SJ Tucker can be found at her website SJTucker.com, Online Concert Thing, BandCamp, YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook. And of course, please consider becoming a Patron at Sooj’s Patreon! NOTE! Due to unforseen events, this episode is a bit late coming out, and as a result, the events that Sooj gave a heads-up about have already transpired. Please check out Sooj’s upcoming “Words & Music” event, as well as her concert calendar for events yet to be added! Also, if you find the Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard Podcast, valuable, interesting, or entertaining, please share this (or any other) episode on social media. Tell your friends. Tell your co-workers. Tell the clerk at the corner gas station. This podcast will be gradually expanding over the coming months and in order to make that happen, we need as many folks tuned in as we can get! Thank you, everyone, for your continuing enthusiasm and support!0 comments0
- The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard Podcast - Astrology Update Volume IIMars, the planet of anger, war, assertion, passion, and separation is about to loom large in all of our lives and Artemis explained what that’s going to mean for us as the Red Planet interacts with other celestial bodies over the next couple of months. It’s going to be a tug-of-war between the tidal forces of Oppression and Liberty. The State will be using every weapon in its arsenal to guide the masses back into line, and it will be a seductive web it weaves. Can we face down what lurks within all of us that makes us want to play Follow-the-Leader and use that Mars energy wisely to forge a new path to the future? Artemis provides us with a detailed breakdown of what to expect and perhaps most importantly – why events are unfolding the way they are. The fires are stoked in a time of transformation and the time is nigh to start asking ourselves if we have it within us to fight for the future.0 comments0
- The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard - Episode 30In this episode, Sorcerer Tal, Master of the Sorcerer’s Guild, joins us for a compelling and thoroughly fascinating look at his personal magickal journey and the framework within which he works. To start, Tal talked about what set him upon his magickal path and also about the Sorcerer’s Guild, the forum he began to give practitioners of all stripes a place to learn and teach each other. The S-1 Sigil Next, Tal introduced us to the Horde, a confederation of evolved beings existing outside of Time. The Horde observes, but does not interfere, yet will provide guidance if approached in the right ways. From there, he went on to discuss the S-1 Sigil, which can be used as a means of contacting the Horde, among other uses. Tal went on to talk about his extensive experimentation with egregores, specifically “living” egregores and the possibility of cultivating a hive-mind or collective unconscious for them. The evolution of egregores was touched upon, along with the differences between servitors, egregores, and tulpas. Tal also spoke about “Tulpa’s Rights” and how the ways in which we treat our created beings can make a difference. Wrapping things up, Sorcerer Tal talked about some upcoming projects of his, including ghost “hunting” and further work with the S-1 Sigil. Going back to the Horde, he talked about a Horde meeting place known as the Roadhouse, which exists in a null space of sorts within the Astral which he refers to as The Nothing. Anyone can visit the Roadhouse and consult with the Horde, use their library and obtain assistance in building one’s own Dream Platform that can be used during one’s lifetime, but also as a touchpoint after death.0 comments0
- The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard Aug 2 · 1h 26m The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard - Episode 29In this episode we talk with Jason Luxon on a variety of scientific and occult subjects through the lens of what it's going to take to for Humanity to make the leap from a Type 0 to a Type 1 civilization. As always, Jason presents complicated concepts in concise layman's terms and adeptly dovetails science and magick. Among the subjects covered are the recent SpaceX launch, cold fusion, quantum computing, teleportation, warp engine technology, and more! Fire up your favorite audio player and prepare yourself for a renewed sense of wonder at not only the marvelous universe in which we exist, but at the reminder of the awe-inspiring achievements Humanity is capable of. In this time of social upheaval, it can sometimes seem as though we've reached a dead end, but perhaps there are reasons to hope after all. Join Nightgaunt and Jason Luxon on a journey of speculation and wonder and prepare yourself for the future!0 comments0
- The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard - Episode 28In this episode, we're looking at the COVID-19 pandemic through an occult lens. Join Roni Jean Neal, Artemis, and I in peering at the psychospiritual underpinnings of our reactions to the crisis to the celestial events influencing our world. There's a lot going on just under the skin of consensus reality, and we've uncovered a bit of that.0 comments0
- The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard - Episode 27PHOENIX DAY At long last, the Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard has risen from the ashes! In this episode, I talk a bit about what's gone down since Episode 26 and ramble on about a few other things. Interspersed throughout the narrative are tiny little micro-interviews from ConVocation 2019, as well as a 2019 talk with Roni Jean Neal at a late-night diner. At the 11th Hour, Roni called in for a more-in-depth interview in which we talked about society, communication, and practical solutions to the difficulty we all seem to have these days in communicating effectively. She talked about her work with "Planet Jwow" and the exciting things brewing there. It's good to be back, my friends. Welcome to the New Aeon!0 comments0
- The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard - Episode 26Our guests this week are Richard Althide and Teri Gall, an unlikely duo that have proved that we can turn our differences into strengths and become stronger in unity than we can achieve separately. Richard and Teri both talked about what has brought them to their current paths: psychic vampire and witch/ceremonial magician. They went on to discuss how they've learned to merge their respective paths and work together to become more than simply the sum of two people. Among the subjects discussed were Kabbalah, Tarot, mediumship, ethical vampirism, self-actualization, and the shifting of the collective consciousness. We talked about the energy of music and art and, as seems to be the case more and more these days, the conversation turned to finding one's own magickal and spiritual path as opposed to following an established tradition. In the extended Salvage League interview, we discussed sacred geometry, Ouija, and numerology, as well. Teri shared some stories from her work as a medium and Tarot reader, and I talked about my own trials and tribulations as I've begun practicing mediumship techniques. We also discussed the value of getting your spiritual butt kicked every now and then. If you like what you hear, please consider a Salvage League membership. You can find out more on the Salvage League page. And remember that if you sign up before October 30th, you'll automatically be entered in the raffle to win a collection of prizes including a one-of-a-kind handcrafted enchanted item made by yours truly, gorgeous signed art prints by occult artist Lexie Takis, the Aleister Crowley commemorative button and refrigerator magnet collection, and a certificate for a half-hour tarot reading from Jane Pierce.0 comments0
- The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard Podcast - Episode 25Taylor Ellwood is an occultist, consultant, and author with over 20 books to his credit. Taylor discussed his new book, Pop Culture Magic Systems and provided some basic outlines for developing an entire paradigm and system of magick based on pop culture. In the extended Salvage League interview, Taylor went much further in-depth concerning both the theory and practicalities of developing a pop culture system of magick. If you like what you hear, please consider a Salvage League membership. You can find out more on the Salvage League page. And remember that if you sign up before October 30th, you'll automatically be entered in the raffle to win a collection of prizes including a one-of-a-kind handcrafted enchanted item made by yours truly, gorgeous signed art prints by occult artist Lexie Takis, the Aleister Crowley commemorative button and refrigerator magnet collection, and a certificate for a half-hour tarot reading from Jane Pierce. In our second interview, James Curcio discussed his many occult-oriented projects. From comics to books to music to films, James explained the ways in which he uses a variety of media to tell stories and comment on our culture, politics, and belief systems. In the extended Salvage League interview, James talks more about his various projects, discusses the state of the modern news media, and even turns the tables a bit on me and coaxes some information about a project I have in the works involving David Bowie, the occult, and magick. If you like what you hear on the Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard, please consider a Salvage League membership. You'll not only hear more from your favorite guests in extended episodes, but get access to forums, salvage-league exclusive interviews, music, an ever-expanding occult library, and lots more that's in the works, all for $5 a month (or even less if you opt for a 6 or 12 month membership). Producing this podcast isn't...inexpensive...and it's what I eat, sleep, and breathe. To sign up or learn more, visit ancientwisdomsalvageyard.com and click the Salvage League menu button at the top of the page!0 comments0
- The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard - Episode 24Satyros Phil Brucato is our guest this week: pagan, musician, game designer, and creator of some of the best known roleplaying games in history. Phil discussed his early influences and sometimes rocky road of creative expression. He talked about his various roles at White Wolf, developing Werewolf: the Apocalypse and Mage: the Ascension, as well as his creation Deliria: Faerie Tales for a New Millennium. Phil went on to discuss the pagan path he treads, as well as his work with the band Telesterion. In the extended Salvage League interview, Phil went much deeper into his experiences working at White Wolf, the development of Deliria, yet another project entitled Powerchords: Music, Magic & Urban Fantasy, his music, and how magick intersects with everything. More of Phil's music is available to Salvage League members via the Audio page! If you're a fan of roleplaying games or just good storytelling, you won't want to miss this extended interview. To learn more about becoming a member of the Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard Salvage League, please check out ancientwisdomsalvageyard.com!0 comments0
- The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard Sep 19 · 1h 16m The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard - Episode 23This week, we talk with Reverend Melissa Hill, an ordained priest in the Árn Draíocht Féin druidic tradition, an educator, a spiritual artist, and author of the DandelionLady blog. Melissa covered quite a bit of ground in this interview, starting with a discussion of modern druidism and pan-cultural symbol systems. She spoke about her role as a priest and discussed the different roles of the priest, shaman and magician in a community or culture. Melissa spoke extensively about different varieties of nature spirits and spirits of the land and how they can be approached and communicated with. She attached emphasis to the idea that this requires the development of a specific skillset and also an investment of time. Knowing the history of the land is big part of this and she talked about how eventually, one begins to blend their magickal and mundane lives. I brought up my experiences communicating with the genius loci of my town and she had some excellent suggestions on how to pursue that further. We went on to discuss her experiences with animal spirits, particularly Bear and Swan. We touched on the nature of the Fae and she also described her work with both spirit traps and spirit houses. In the Salvage League extended show, Melissa talked about the classes and workshops she runs and about the ritual she plans to run for Ann Arbor Pagan Pride Day. Part of this ritual will address promoting unity through diversity, rather than through attempting to make everyone the same. She compared the two approaches to monotheism and polytheism. She went on to talk about teaching general meditative techniques and her current project to bring ceremony and ritual to the secular realm. From there, we went on to our shared enthusiasm for bone preservation and crafting and the ethics involved. The conversation returned to spirits, specifically ancestral nature spirits. Overall, she says, Melissa is passionate about creating a new culture, more powerful and meaningful for people than what we've built thus far. I couldn't agree with her more.0 comments0
- The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard - Episode 22Our first guest this week is Elizabeth Ruth, a Haitian Vodouisant, rootworker, Hoodoo practitioner, and diviner hailing from Ohio. Elizabeth first talked about her childhood, growing up with a grandmother who was a practicing astrologer and necromancer, and what it was like in a home where ancestor spirits paid regular visits. She went on to discuss the origins and history of Voodoo, addressing common misconceptions and outlining the differences between Voodoo and Hoodoo. Social activism plays a large part in Elizabeth's practice and she spoke at length about how she blends the two. She has several products and services available at Big Liz's Conjure Corner, and announced her effort to open a brick and mortar location in the Colombus area. If you're interested in helping her achieve this, please visit her GoFundMe page! Elizabeth talked about the problems we face as a society as she sees them, and offered solutions both mundane and magickal. Next, we spoke with Ringtail, a magician from the Pacific Northwest who designed and executed a rather ambitious eclipse ritual involving chaos dragons. The full description of the ritual can be found in the DKMU forums. Ringtail, along with fellow chaotes Alice Hart and Ahava Ain Soph, journeyed to Idaho and continued the effort to subvert consensus reality, harnessing the unique conditions brought on by the eclipse. Please check out the show notes at ancientwisdomsalvageyard.com for all the links!0 comments0
- The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard - Episode 21This week, podcaster, occultist, writer, and preternatural investigator Equanimous Rex joined us to discuss his serial fiction podcast The Witch Doctor. I've been a huge fan of the Witch Doctor since it began and I was excited to speak with its creator! Equanimous talked about the motivation behind creating the Witch Doctor and also about the use of fiction as a medium for communicating esoteric knowledge. Equanimous also writes non-fiction for the online magazines Disinfo and Modern Mythology, where he tackles topics like Materialist-Positivism and interviews popular personalities in modern occulture. We touched on other topics like lucid dreaming and the effects pop culture can have on uncanny and paranormal experiences. As usual, we delved into this fascinating fellow's history and learned how Equanimous Rex arrived at this point in his occult career. We played a few sample clips from the Witch Doctor, but I heartily recommend everyone head over to the podcast's website and listen to the story from the beginning! Active links are, as always, in the show notes at ancientwisdomsalvageyard.com. Also in Episode 21's show notes are instructions for using the viral servitor Wingsblood, created during today's eclipse.0 comments0
- The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard - Episode 20We’re joined this week by Artemis & Helios, the writers behind the brilliant – and hilarious – Heretical Oracles blog. The Divinatory Duo combine Tarot and Astrology for a unique and always thought-provoking view of human interaction, sociology, and world events. Artemis and Helios discussed their respective backgrounds with regard to the occult and how they formed their partnership. They addressed the lunar eclipse that took place on August 8th, as well as the upcoming solar eclipse coming up on August 21st, along with the effects these two events will likely have, Astrologically speaking. Addressing the complexity of Astrology, the Oracles spoke about the best ways for the neophyte to begin exploring the subject, and recommended some resources (see links below). No discussion on Divination and Astrology would be complete without predictions, and the Oracles commented on what we can expect to see with regard to the coming year. In a time of unprecedented polarization and political uncertainty, the future is on the minds of many as we march to meet it, and the Heretical Oracles offered up their road map based on what they see in the stars and cards. Artemis and Helios take the often murky and mysterious subjects of Divination and Astrology and, almost magickally, make them understandable and perhaps more importantly – FUN. In a time where so many see doom and gloom, it’s refreshing to see a more lighthearted approach and thoughtful perspective. The Oracles have signed on as official Court Astrologers to the Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard, and I look forward to having them pop in from time to time to offer their unique take on events as they unfold in these tumultuous times.0 comments0
- The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard - Episode 19Author, medium, and paranormal investigator Exie Susanne Smith joined us this week to discuss her lifetime of experience with the paranormal. Exie talked about the dramatic experience she had with a malevolent entity at the age of twelve that catapulted her into a life of studying paranormal phenomena and ultimately becoming a medium and described how she receives her psychic impressions and talked about the different categories of discarnate entities. I found her to be unlike a lot of other mediums in that she is very pragmatic in her approach and dispenses with much of the New Age trappings rife within the discipline. The spirits couldn’t seem to stay away from this interview and caused a lot of disruption and audio issues…to the point that we had to stop, cleanse both locations, and start the whole interview over! Even then, a few managed to creep in and cause mischief. Currently, Exie offers her services pro bono to those in need who are experiencing spirit-related difficulties. You can also book Exie for telephone or in person readings, group events, or speaking engagements. If you’ve ever wanted to hear a frank and no-nonsense account of how a medium does their thing, this is the interview you’ll want to hear. Exie has written two books: Welcome to My Paranormal Life and When the Dead Come Calling. Exie’s third book, The Essence of Death will be available soon. Doubtless, you’ve seen the many articles making the rounds concerning the Chinese experiment in which it’s being claimed that scientists have successfully teleported a photon from the ground to Earth orbit. I tapped the Salvage Yard’s science advisor Jason Luxon to explain just what happened. Jason shed a lot of light on the Chinese experiment and explained exactly what did and did not happen. We discussed both the scientific and magickal ramifications and where this new step could lead us scientifically and culturally. Next up, I spoke with Roni Jean Neal who, coincindentally, happens to be engaged in her own extensive research and magickal experimentation along similar lines. Roni discussed her discovery of “keys” to open up portals to other realms that enable her to bring two or more resonances together. Roni spoke about the role quantum entanglement plays in her magickal paradigm and provided a lot of material to consider in such a short time.0 comments0
No host has claimed this podcast yet, if you are the host you can verify ownership by claiming this podcast
© Copyright 2017 The Ancient Wisdom Salvage Yard