It can be difficult to grasp how much power of persuasion we actually have, or how to wield it wisely.
In today’s episode we look at science-based strategies for observing the effect we have on others, and how to better deal with our fear of rejection, and asking for favors.
Vanessa Bohns is a social psychologist and a professor of organizational behavior at Cornell University. She is the author of You Have More Influence Than You Think: How We Underestimate Our Power of Persuasion, and Why it Matters.
In this episode we talk about:
- How much we often underestimate our own influence
- Why it’s so hard to say no
- Why people are paying attention to us more than we think
- The impact of asking for things in-person
- The responsibility that comes with being in a position of power
- What it means to experience your own influence
- And how we can be more aware of the influence we have
Full Shownotes: https://www.tenpercent.com/podcast-episode/vanessa-bohns-550