Since the beginning of his tech career in the 1990s, Yan has experienced multiple startup exits as both an employee and as a founder. Most recently, he founded and served as the CTO of Reverb.com – a wildly-successful marketplace for musical instruments that became a top 300 most visited website in the US and was acquired by Etsy for $275 million.
On this episode of the Startup Exits Podcast, we chat with Yan about:
• Immigrating from Soviet Union and getting into startups
• Turning passion into business
• Hiring your target audience as customer service reps
• Addressing "What if Google decides to compete with you?" type questions
• Overcoming the chicken and egg problem of marketplaces
• Why Yan is so confident in bitcoin
• Bitcoin in 10-20 years
Yan Pritzker is now working on making Bitcoin investing easy via his new company Swan Bitcoin.
Startup Exits is brought to you by StartupSoft . New episodes every month, subscribe for more.