Ben is a fascinating founder. Over his 15-year career as an entrepreneur, he started and sold 2 companies – Yodle to Web.com for $350 million, Opcity to Realtor.com for $200 million – and hired over 2,000 people. If you do the math, that's about $35 million in value creation and 130 new jobs per year. Crazy!
On this episode of the Startup Exits Podcast, we chat with Ben about:
• Disrupting Yellow Pages
• How to be good at sales
• How to build a 1000-person sales team
• Ben’s first exit – Web.com acquires Yodle
• Do founders need industry expertise?
• Ben’s second exit – Realtor.com acquires Opcity
• Can you buy a home without humans involved?
• Future of local advertising
Ben is currently on the executive team of Realtor.com and is an advisor to several startups.
Startup Exits is brought to you by StartupSoft . New episodes every month, subscribe for more.