The investments in your retirement account can be self-directed by you. Most IRAs are typically invested in stocks, bonds and mutual funds. With a self-directed IRA from, as the name implies, you make the investment choices. The types of investments are almost limitless.
On this show Kaaren Hall from UDirect IRA Services, LLC talks to Dino about the benefits of using a self-directed IRA. Here are just some of the questions Dino asked Kaaren:
* Is Self-Directing for everyone?
* Can my IRA borrow money?
* How long does it take to self-direct an IRA
* When I open an IRA do I get a checkbook?
* Is self-directing my retirement something new?
* What kinds of assets can I invest in with a self-directed IRA?
* Can I use my SDIRA as a down-payment on a house?