This year, the UK implemented a law requiring chain restaurants to list calorie counts on their menus. Where did these policies come from? What impact do they have? And why is a Julia Roberts quote from 1990 the best way to describe them?
- Calorie Labelling Regulations - GOV.UK
- Calorie labelling: implementation guidance - GOV.UK
- Do Menu Calorie Counts Actually Change How We Eat?
- Calorie counts on menus: What's the real impact on diners and restaurants?
- Court Upholds the City's Rule Requiring Some Restaurants to Post Calorie Counts
- Menu Labeling | Center for Science in the Public Interest
- Menu Labeling Requirements | FDA
- Calorie Labeling And Food Choices: A First Look At The Effects On Low-Income People In New York City
- The influence of calorie labeling on food orders and consumption: A review of the literature - PMC
- Changes in Calorie Content of Menu Items at Large Chain Restaurants After Implementation of Calorie Labels
- Why Listing Calorie Counts on Menus Can Do More Harm Than Good
Thanks to Doctor Dreamchip for our lovely theme song!Support the show