In this episode, we explore the power of the ‘creator mindset’ with creative director turned creator Alex Antolino. It’s a deep dive into the creator economy and what brands can learn from people like Mr. Beast. Looking for a summary? Scroll down and you’ll find the AI summary of the transcript.
Find Alex on Instagram, LinkedIn or Youtube.
The brand audit template
As a brand strategist, I’ve often noticed that a brand audit is one of the most overlooked and valuable services for a brand. Check out my fresh brand audit template on Holabrief and explore many more creative/strategic exercises.
Learn brand strategy
Activate your strategic brain and level up your creative business. Find courses on brand strategy, brand workshops, and brand strategy presentations. You can use LTBPODCAST to get a 20% discount.
* Alex Antolino talks about the disconnect between big brands and the importance of understanding the creator economy.
* Stef Hamerlinck introduces Alex Antolino, a creative director turned creator, and the podcast topic of the creator economy and its relevance to branding and marketing.
* They discuss the definition of a creator and the creator economy, and the difference between a creator and an influencer.
* Alex talks about the opportunity for creators to make content, build a business around it, and have different revenue streams.
* They discuss the relevance of the creator economy to brands, and how it can be used to reach a larger audience for less money.
* Stef questions the feasibility of building an audience as a brand that needs to grow fast and Alex explains that organic content is like buying a house, a long-term investment.
* Alex explains that brands can still use paid advertising to grow fast, but should also acquire creator skills to engage their audience in a relatable way.
* They discuss how creators use engagement to create better ads, and how brands can use creator skills to make their ads better.
* They discuss the importance of learning creator skills and how brands can apply those skills to paid ads and content.
* The transcript ends with Alex dropping a bombshell that is not further elaborated on.
This is a public episode. If you would like to discuss this with other subscribers or get access to bonus episodes, visit letstalkbranding.substack.com