- I've created a playground in the mono-repo for ReactJS experiments
- I have started working on a very lightweight design system
- I am giving a talk to PHP Minds next Thursday. The talk is called Code with Confidence with PHPCS
- PHP UK has announced their CFP and released early bird tickets. I have tickets.
- This weekend I am off to see England versus Scotland in the Common wealth boxing
How to call rest APIs using React
How to use the React Router to create an image link
React higher order components
A higher-order component (HOC) is an advanced technique in React for reusing component logic. HOCs are not part of the React API, per se. They are a pattern that emerges from React’s compositional nature.
Concretely, a higher-order component is a function that takes a component and returns a new component.
What is a Design system
- A collection of reusable components
- A place for collaboration amongst designers and developers
- A set of standards that must be adhered too
- A set of guidelines and principles that are relevant to the business
Not just a component library
A component library is a library of reusable components that other designers and developers can use.
A design system also sets out a series of rules and standards for the components and surrounding design. These include but are not limited to
- User experience
- Voice and tone
Often, a design system will explain what is allowed and what is not allowed.
Examples of design systems
- IBM https://carbondesignsystem.com/
- Shopify https://polaris.shopify.com/
- Material design https://material.io/design
- UK Gov https://design-system.service.gov.uk/
You can get in touch with me here: https://howtocodewell.fm/contact
My web development courses
➡️ Learn Python
⏰ My current live coding schedule (Times are BST)
Tuesdays 18:00 - Live coding on YouTube
Sundays 15:00 - Live coding on Twitch