On today's episode, we're jumping right into one of Dr. Jasmine's fave topics: impostor syndrome.
Impostor syndrome is a layered and complex issue that women of color frequently face in their workplaces. It stops them from showcasing their special sauce while preventing them from leveling up in their career.
Join us as we learn from guest Alejandra Hernandez, a first-gen Latina on a mission to empower Latina professionals to build confidence, overcome impostor syndrome and thrive in leadership roles.
She pivoted into career coaching in 2019 and since then has helped women increase their salary by 35%, break into their first Director level role, quit toxic jobs, advocate for themselves, and feel confident as leaders at work. She's hosted workshops for PowerToFly, WeAllGrow Latina, and more.
Her vision is for a world where women are heard, empowered, uplifted, and safe to contribute their magic to the world. She graduated from the University of Maryland with a bachelor's in Sociology and lives in Miami with her fiancé and dog.
In today's episode, we cover the following:
- Alejandra's origin story
- How spirituality and career expansion can work in tandem
- Your healing journey will affect all aspects of your life
- Alejandra's definition of impostor syndrome
- The main signs of impostor syndrome
- The importance of acknowledging BOTH your internal and external environments
- How toxic work environments cause trauma
- How impostor syndrome prevents us from taking a seat at the table
- How Alejandra helps her clients
- One of her clients' inspiring transformation journey
- What is possible when you put in the world
- Building relationships with different people in different departments
- Overcome impostor syndrome today with our FREE Impostor Syndrome Guidebook
To keep updated on all things Alejandra and empowHER change, follow her on Instagram @empowherchange, on LinkedIn and visit her website: www.empowHERchange.com
Join Alejandra's Latinas in Leadership Group Coaching
Instagram: @JasmineEscaleraCoaching & @HerNextCareerMove_
LinkedIn: Jasmine Escalera, Ph.D
Are you ready to support women of color to flourish in the workplace and gain respect and credit? Book Dr. Jasmine for your next event! www.jasmineescalera.com