This episode presents some alternative strategies to really help you identify good ideas and get things completed.
Sponsor - Shortform Learn more than ever from important non-fiction books at shortform.com/ growth and receive 5-days of unlimited access and an additional 20% discount on the annual subscription.
Some favourite book summaries with exercises:
- The Infinite Game - Simon Sinek
- Ego is the enemy - Ryan Holiday
Questions to reflect on:
- Which tasks do I reliably finish?
- Could some of them create value if I did more of them?
- What are my unfinished projects?
What are the specific tasks within the project that I avoid?
How can I make it more likely to complete the difficult task?
(Make it smaller / delegate it / change the time / do it with others)
Can I remove the difficult tasks entirely?
- Do I start things which I know I won’t finish and might be damaging?
- What is my goal in starting them?
- Is there a very different way to get there?
- How much time do I put into things I don’t have an interest in?
- If I look at my goals should I say no to these things?
- What are the best ideas I haven't done?
- Can I let go of perfect and treat them as a stepping stone?
Connect with Sam:
- Join the conversation on the social podcast app - Podvine
- Sam's newsletter on creativity and entrepreneurship - Explosive Thinking
- Sam's podcast on books - Wiser Than Yesterday
- Support the Show - Patreon
If you enjoyed the podcast please subscribe and rate it. And of course, share with your friends!