© Jason Reagin
Design Cast Podcast
5 out of 5 stars
Based on 6 reviews
5 out of 5 stars
Great educational podcast!
Jason knows his STEM/STEAM audience and brings in the best talent so that we, the listeners, benefit from their unique perspectives and experiences. Must listen!
5 out of 5 stars
Podcast That’s More Than Just Design
If you are an Educator listen to this podcast. While it reflects on design, its topics, guests, and host share ideas that connect to all disciplines— not just the design classroom. Each episode provides reflection and action that I can bring directly into my classroom. I appreciate that the host shares his expertise with sincerity, humility, and humor and I look forward to how this program continues to evolve.
5 out of 5 stars
The go to place for all things Design in IB schools!
Need an idea for a design unit of inquiry? Look no further. Browse this huge creative repository of podcasts and listen to globally known design experts chat to Jason in a fun podcast that will very much help your practice. Practices that work presented in an entertaining and educational way. A must listen for every design teacher!
5 out of 5 stars
How to really change education
This podcast talks about ways educators across the world are really making changes in the way our kids learn. Anyone in the education field must listen!
5 out of 5 stars
Don’t leave without listening!
Jason as gathered amazing educators to share and inspire others in one location. His demeanor and attitude is inspirational in giving educators the excitement in trying new things. Please stop and listen, you won’t be disappointed.
5 out of 5 stars
More than a design podcast
Jason has put together a model for education podcasts by focusing on pedagogy and practices that work. While he centers on IB related design curriculum, his expertise goes far beyond that mission. Listen to his episodes on making your voice heard beyond the classroom and you’ll see what I mean. I look forward to more from him and please use his contact info to reach out and support his work with your own expertise.
- Amount of episodes
- Explicit content
- Episode type
- Podcast link
- Last upload date
- May 7, 2022
- Last fetch date
- October 4, 2022 12:09 AM
- Upload range
- Jason Reagin
- Jason Reagin
- Design Cast - Episode #92 - Jonathan Nalder & Damien Aldridge - STEM PunksOn this episode of #DesignCast I had the pleasure of speaking to Jonathan Nalder and Damien Aldridge from STEM Punks! It was a great conversation and we talked about how STEM Punks are using Minecraft to create healthy competition in schools with #InnovationSports! I know that you will really enjoy this chat! Connect with Jonathan and Damien through the links in the show notes! Jonathan Nalder - STEM Punks Chief Futures Officer Twitter: @jnxyz LinkedIn: https://au.linkedin.com/in/jonathannalder Jonathan.firstname.lastname@example.org Damien Aldridge - STEM Punks COO and Education Director Twitter: @damien_aldridge LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/damien-aldridge-199ba5132 email@example.com STEM Punks! www.stempunks.com facebook.com/stempunksau STEMPunks.tv https://www.stempunks.com.au/magazine0 comments0
- Design Cast - Episode #91 - Jason Reagin - eSports and GamificationOn this episode of #DesignCast, I share my thoughts about the gamification of learning and eSports in schools. There is a need for new and innovative ways to explore healthy competition. Please join the discussion on all of my social media channels: Twitter: @diskon4no IG: @discon4no LinkedIn: wjreagin TikTok: @discon4no0 comments0
- Design Cast - Episode #90 - Anna McMahon - Enhanced Well-beingOn this episode of #DesignCast I was so lucky to chat with Anna McMahon. She is a well-being expert that specializes in working with schools and educators! We talk about how the current situation in schools is having a lasting effect on teachers and students! I know that our discussion will be among the best thing you will hear today! Anna is offering a special discount for her services for Design Cast listeners so be sure to check it out! Please connect with Anna through social media using the links in the show notes. Now sit back, relax and enjoy this chat with Anna McMahon! Connect with Anna: Twitter: @enhancedwb Instagram: @enhanced.wellbeing Website or Blog: www.enhancedwellbeing.org Facebook Page: Enhanced Wellbeing Discount code for 1:1 Coaching and The Enhance your Wellbeing Course on my website: Enter ‘ designcast20 ‘ in the coupon box at checkout for 20% off0 comments0
- Design Cast - Episode #89 - The importance of well-beingOn this episode of #DesignCast I share my thoughts about the importance of teacher well-being today. I am curious what you think about well-being and how you balance your personal and professional lives? Feel free to leave me a voice note at Anchor (link at the end of the show notes) or Speakpipe (https://www.speakpipe.com/msg/s/248665/1/cgi74fjo5158jhjy)0 comments0
- Design Cast - Episode #88 - What skills are most important to teach students today?On this episode of #DesignCast I respond to some of the comments from the last episode! After responding I share my thoughts about what skills I think are most important to teach students today. I am curious what skills you think are most important? Feel free to leave me a voice note at Anchor (link at the end of the show notes) or Speakpipe (https://www.speakpipe.com/msg/s/248665/1/cgi74fjo5158jhjy)0 comments0
- Design Cast - Episode #87 - What would you tell your first-year teacher self?On this episode of #DesignCast I was able to revisit the season 6 guests! During the initial interviews I asked each guest the same question. That question was ‘if you could travel back in time and speak to your first-year teacher self, what would you say?’ I have put all of their answers into this episode. I am curious as to what you would tell yourself! Feel free to leave me a voice note at Anchor (link at the end of the show notes) or Speakpipe ( https://www.speakpipe.com/msg/s/248665/1/cgi74fjo5158jhjy ) Guest in this episode include: Troy Harkin Josh Stamper Ronald Ascensio James Bleach Steve Sostak Kevin O'Shea Jarrett Dunbar Charles Hopkins Paulo Cohen-Myers Yvette Larsson Alex Gray OluCoonlay Issac The clip order is different from the order that the guests appeared in the season. Now sit back, relax and enjoy this season 6 special episode!0 comments0
- Design Cast - Episode #86 - OlúCoonlay Issac - DesignGoes2SchoolOn this episode of #DesignCast I was so fortunate to connect with OlúCoonlay Issac. He is a brand strategy designer that has a passion for #DesignThinking and promoting the teaching of Design Skills in schools in his native Nigeria. He is such a passionate and authentic person and professional. I know that our discussion will be among the best thing you will hear today! Please connect with OlúCoonlay through social media using the links in the show notes. Now sit back, relax and enjoy this chat with OlúCoonlay Issac! Connect with OlúCoonlay: Twitter: @olucoonlay, @designgoes2sch Instagram: @olucoonlay, @designgoes2school Facebook Page: OluCoonlay Isaac, @designgoes2school0 comments0
- Design Cast - Episode #85 - Alex Gray - Science to STEAMOn this episode of #DesignCast I was fortunate enough to chat with Alex Gray. Alex is the Head of Science at Dubai British school. He also has a YouTube channel called DEEP Thinking. We had a great discussion about Expo 2020 in Dubai, the STEAM program at his school, and his recent enjoyment of filmmaking that is evident on his channel! It is certain that you will find value in this episode! Please check out all of the ways to connect with him in the show notes. Now sit back, relax and enjoy this chat with Alex Gray! Connect with Alex: Twitter: @TeachingDeep YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYO0NNnv3ricBzjC-lptJ9Q0 comments0
- Design Cast - Episode #84 - Yvette Larsson - Aha! Accelerating EducationOn this episode of #DesignCast I had the honor to speak to Yvette Larsson. Yvette is a PYP education in Sweden and the co-founder of Aha! Accelerating Education. Our discussion covers many topics from travel, being an international expat and more, but the majority of our chat is about her passion of changing education one classroom at a time! I know that you will find out chat stimulating and timely! Please check out Yvette and Aha! on social media through the links in the show notes. Now sit back, relax and enjoy this chat with Yvette Larsson… Follow Yvette : Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yvettelarsson/ Instagram: Yvette Larsson https://www.instagram.com/yvette_larsson/?hl=en Instagram: AHA! https://www.instagram.com/ahaacceleratingeducation/?hl=en Website: https://ahaacceleratingeducation.org/ YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbkYexyZGfCycf3h5OR7uTg0 comments0
- Design Cast - Episode #83 - Paulo Cohen-Myers - Bakerspace MastermindOn this episode of #DesignCast, I had the pleasure to sit down with my old friend Paulo Cohen-Myers. Paulo and I have been colleagues and friends since 2002. During that 20 year period, we have both taken a winding path to get where we are today. Paulo is an incredibly talented individual that has had an amazing career in education. We talk about a variety of topics, but the bulk of our conversation centers around his work as a ‘Bakerspace’ mastermind! I have no doubt you will enjoy all he has to share. Sit back, relax and enjoy this chat with Paulo Cohen-Myers. Follow Paulo: https://www.facebook.com/paulo.cohenmyers https://www.linkedin.com/in/paulo-cohen-myers-29935818/1 comments1
- Design Cast - Episode #82 - Charles Hopkins - MS Science & Design TeacherThis episode is proudly sponsored by MEL Science. Save 60% on your first month's subscription by using the code DESIGNCAST or by using this link: https://melscience.com/sBDc/ *** For this episode of #DesignCast I had the privilege to talk with Charles Hopkins. Charles is a super positive guy that has a passion for outdoor education, travel, science and design! He has a great story about the journey that he took into education that he shares with me. His energy is contagious and I have no doubt in my mind that you will really enjoy hearing him talking about his pursuits! Now sit back, relax and enjoy this episode with Charles Hopkins! Follow Charles: Twitter: @chopscidesign Website: https://www.chopscidesign.com/0 comments0
- Design Cast - Episode #81 - Jarrett Dunbar - Design Teacher in BrazilThis episode is proudly sponsored by MEL Science. Save 60% on your first month's subscription by using the code DESIGNCAST or by using this link: https://melscience.com/sBDc/ *** On this episode of #DesignCast I was able to catch up again with my friend Jarrett Dunbar. Jarrett was the guest on episode 20 of Design Cast. We were able to chat again about what life has been like for him since we last connected. He has loads to share and we have a few laughs along the way! I have no doubt that you will like what he has to say. Follow Jarrett with the links in the show notes… Now sit back, relax and enjoy this chat with Jarrett Dunbar! Follow Jarrett: Twitter: @jdunbvrEDU Instagram: @jdunbvr0 comments0
- Design Cast - Episode #80 - Kevin O’Shea - Nature Talks PodcastThis episode is proudly sponsored by MEL Science. Save 60% on your first month's subscription by using the code DESIGNCAST or by using this link: https://melscience.com/sBDc/ *** On this episode of #DesignCast I was able to catch up again with my friend Kevin O’Shea. Kevin is a kindergarten teacher in Shenzhen, China at Shekou International School. He has loads of experience in creating content for other educators and his podcasts are very high quality! You can listen to any of his past podcasts like the ‘ Just Japan Podcast ’ or ‘ Making Better Teachers Podcast ’ through the links in the show notes. His latest project is called ‘ Nature Talks Podcast ’ and a link to that can also be found in the show notes. Now sit back, relax and enjoy this chat with Kevin O’Shea! Follow Kevin: Twitter: @MadForMaple Instagram: @shizenwildlife0 comments0
- Design Cast - Episode #79 - Steve Sostak - Inspire CitizensFor this episode of #DesignCast I had the honor to talk with Steve Sostak from Inspire Citizens. Steve is passionate about many things, but we spend most of the time talking about his work with schools and ‘empathy to impact’. You can find out more about the awesome work that Steve and Inspire Citizens are doing through the links in the show notes. I have no doubt that you will want to find out more about his work after listening to this chat that we have! Now sit back, relax and enjoy this episode with Steve Sostak! Follow Steve: Twitter: @inspirecitizen1 Website: https://inspirecitizens.org/0 comments0
- Design Cast - Episode #78 - James Bleach - JambleD&T Redux!On this episode of #DesignCast I was honored to chat with James Bleach again! James was the guest on episode 28 of this podcast. For those of you that might remember, James is the Head of Design and Technology at Tanglin Trust School in Singapore. Many listeners will be familiar with him through his original classroom resources that are featured on this website and Facebook group known as JambleD&T. We reflected on everything that has happened since the last time we chatted and he shared some of his thoughts about how schools will look in the future! If you are enjoying #DesignCast, please review and rate on Apple Podcast, if that is your listening platform. It is really important in getting new listeners and helps me keep the content fresh! It only takes a minute or so to make a huge impact! Now, sit back, relax and enjoy this follow-up chat with James Bleach! Follow James! Twitter: @jambledandt @EDU_jbleach Instagram: jambledandt Website: www.jambledandt.com Facebook Page: JambleD&T0 comments0
- Design Cast - Episode #77 - Ronald Ascensio - Designer to Design TeacherThis episode of #DesignCast is really personal as I had the opportunity to speak to one of my colleagues that I see nearly every day. Ronald Ascensio has had a very interesting journey into education. Starting his career as a graphic designer, a few years ago, encouraged by his wife and friends, decided to try teaching. He has accomplished many things in his relatively short educational career. I know that you will enjoy hearing all about his story from Jakarta, Indonesia to South Korea! Be sure to follow and check out Ronald’s professional portfolio of designs and other social media accounts by using the links in the show notes. Now sit back, relax and enjoy this chat with Ronald Ascensio! Twitter @ronaldascensio http://instagram.com/ronaldascensio https://www.behance.net/ronaldascensio0 comments0
- Design Cast - Episode #76 - Joshua Stamper - ASPIRE to LeadOn this episode of Design Cast, I was lucky enough to talk to Joshua Stamper. Josh initially used his artistic talent, creativity, and original ideas as a professional graphic designer. He then transitioned to inspiring students to utilize their imagination and creative expression in public education. Being unsuccessful as a student growing up, Josh never expected to be back in the classroom as a teacher, athletic coach, or administrator. His struggles as a student spawned a passion to change the education model, push the boundaries of traditional learning, and explore new innovative ideas. Josh has been a middle school Assistant Principal in North Texas for the past eight years, where he's served at four campuses in two school districts. In addition to his current administrative position, Joshua is the host of Aspire: The Leadership Development Podcast , author of a new book, leadership coach, education presenter, and Podcast Network Manager for the Teach Better Team . You can stay connected by using his social media connections: @Joshua__Stamper on Twitter & Instagram Or by visiting his website www.joshstamper.com0 comments0
- Design Cast - Episode #75 - Troy Harkin - D&T + Tech CoachMy discussion with Troy Harkin was lively and consisted of his journey to his current school, what he finds exciting about his job and what he is really looking forward to this school year! If you would like to get in touch with Tory, please reach out through his Twitter account below: Twitter: @harkinworld0 comments0
- Design Cast - Episode #74 - Jason Reagin - #DesignGuyFor this episode of #DesignCast, I share my backstory. I have had many requests from people about my own 'origin' story, so HERE IT IS! I hope that you enjoy hearing about my journey and my reflections on a nearly 25-year career in "Design/STEAM" education... Please get in touch! Reach out to me via Twitter or LinkedIn. Connect with me: @diskon4no www.jasonreagin.ga0 comments0
- Design Cast - Episode #73 - Georgina Dean - Techy Leader EDUI had the awesome opportunity to speak with Georgina Dean for this episode of Design Cast. Georgina is passionate about helping International K-12 schools through their digital transformation. She is EVERYWHERE! You can connect with her on many platforms and channels which are all mentioned in the episode. Now sit back, relax and enjoy this chat with Georgina Dean… Connect with Georgina: Twitter: @TechyLeaderEDU0 comments0
- Design Cast - Episode #72 - Jesse Donnelly - TLF Podcast (The Other Guy!)I had the chance to welcome back the very first guest on #DesignCast, Jesse Donnelly, for this episode... Jesse co-hosts "The Learning Factory" Podcast with David McMahon, who was a recent guest as well. Jesse and I talk about his new role at a new school and reflects on the joys of being a podcast host! Connect with Jesse: Twitter: @jessedon22 LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jesse-donnelly/ Connect to The Learning Factory Podcast: https://twitter.com/TLF_Tweet0 comments0
- Design Cast - Episode #71 - Andrew Nicholls - ANDACODMy guest, Andrew Nicholls, is a highly experienced educator, designer and OHSEM specialist. Moving from a career in Industrial Design for Education, for the last sixteen years Andrew has educated students in a broad range of disciplines and subjects including Visual Arts, Technologies (Design and Digital), Humanities, and Building and Construction. As an educational leader, he has provided professional development to others on a wide-range of topics including transdisciplinary learning, technical and freehand drawing, continual improvement in educational performance and OHS compliance in schools. Andrew provides high level expert advice on OHS compliance, learning space design and educational leadership to schools, teacher associations and architects. His latest project, a collaborative website called ANDACOD, aims to showcase the transdisciplinary nature of Design & Technology / STEAM education and its value in 21st century education. Connect with Andrew at: Twitter: @andacod @anda_dlss Website: https://andacod.com/blog https://andrewnichollsdesign.com/blog Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/andacod LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrew-nicholls-55063b40/0 comments0
- Design Cast - Episode #70 - Dr. Phil Cummins - A School For TomorrowI had the awesome opportunity to speak with Dr. Phil Cummins for this episode of Design Cast. Phil is Managing Partner of Educational Leadership and Development, Governance and Strategy at ‘ A School for Tomorrow ’. Our discussion is lively and focuses predominantly on how character education factors into the evolving educational landscape globally. He is such a positive and fun person to chat with that I am confident we could have spoken for many hours on a wide range of topics. You can connect with either Phil or A School for Tomorrow through the links listed in the show notes. Now sit back, relax and enjoy this chat with Dr. Phil Cummins… Connect with Phil: Twitter: @DrPhilCummins LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/dr-phil-cummins-50531185/ A School For Tomorrow & Game Changers Podcast: twitter.com/gamechangerspc www.instagram.com/gamechangerspc/ www.linkedin.com/company/a-school-for-tomorrow/ YouTube0 comments0
- Design Cast - Episode #69 - Jo Veale - Human-Centered Design Educator!I had the pleasure of speaking to my longtime friend, Jo Veale for this episode of Design Cast. Jo has such a positive and human-centered approach to education and to life. I know that you will really enjoy this chat with her! Please connect with Jo via Facebook and Instagram! Facebook: www.facebook.com/tea153mountmaunganui/ Instagram: Tea1530 comments0