© Scott Koon
Capitol Insurrection Report
1 out of 5 stars
This dude makes qanon people look normal. The lack of brain cells present on this podcast is absolutely astounding.
5 out of 5 stars
Thank you for doing this!
This is one of the most important podcasts in the country right now that few people have heard about. Thank you for doing this! That said: Two criticisms: Don’t change the equalization of the snippets like the ones that you play at the beginning, they hurt my ears (i’m not a really sensitive to such things) when I have the volume adjusted for the rest of the podcast. Same goes for such quoting snippets during the podcast as well. Maybe just find a better happy medium for the equalization. Second one, and I apologize if I’m wrong about this but it sounds like you’re occasionally eating or something like that. It’s a little offputting. If I am wrong then ignore this criticism please.
5 out of 5 stars
Fantastic comprehensive account of the insurrection
I just started listening since the select committee hearings have started. I went back to episode one and have been listening chronologically to remind myself of how various points of data from the insurrectionist all the way to the White House were revealed and when. It’s been absolutely fascinating to listen along as suggestion becomes a rumor, then those rumors are confirmed and are ultimately presented as evidence at the hearings and other trials related to this dark day in our nation’s history.
4 out of 5 stars
Great podcast but awful audio - can hardly hear. Is he using earbud mikes??? Needs an actual microphone, correct settings and mouth closer.
4 out of 5 stars
Great podcast…if you can deal with the sound
I found this podcast by accident and found it to be very interesting. Clearly Scott does his homework and presents in a well thought out fashion (at a time we could use it). Unfortunately, the sound quality is so poor that I found it hard to listen to. Because the topic was so intriguing I pushed my way through it but it sounds like this was recorded on someone’s cell phone at the back of a classroom during a lecture. Add to that the beginning segment and sections where Scott plugs in snippets of other bits are at such a low level that I thought the podcast paused on me. I had to turn the volume all the way up and still had trouble working out what was being said. Great podcast saddled with poor tech which could be solved pretty easily. With out the sound issues this would be a solid five stars.
3 out of 5 stars
Scott does a great job keeping the audience informed with up to date developments on the investigation. I have found no other podcasts out there like this. My only gripe is I wish the sound quality was better, but overall, excellent content.
5 out of 5 stars
Scott Koon continues to dig deeply into the January 6, 2021 insurrection. Would love to see his sources cited, but am most thankful that someone thoughtful and lettered continues week by week to work diligently to get to the bottom of what happened that day, who was involved, and why events unfolded as they did.
1 out of 5 stars
What a joke, must be real rewarding to raid the houses of middle aged ladies, when you know every one of the trumped up charges you throw at them are complete and utter lies. Seems like they are the actual traitors when they cause more “events” then they have ever stopped, cant even manage to do their job right when other Countries beg them to take the information they have on terrorists.
- Amount of episodes
- Explicit content
- Episode type
- Podcast link
- Last upload date
- May 25, 2023
- Last fetch date
- June 4, 2023 12:58 PM
- Upload range
- Scott Koon
- Scott Koon
- S3 E19 Nobody Expects the Trumpist InsurrectionMainly consisting of an examination of how Antifa was used in the runup to January 6th, as red herring to distract from the potential for Trumpist violence, and eventually as a scapegoat in a cover story concocted to shift the blame for the attack away from the Trumpist mob that committed the attack. https://kurier.at/chronik/niederoesterreich/erik-prince-kriegsgeraet-niederoesterreich-us-soeldner-chef-wiener-neustadt-gericht/402451938 https://abcnews.go.com/US/eve-hearing-fbi-revoked-security-clearances-3-agents/story?id=99414928https://www.thedailybeast.com/fbi-whistleblowers-admit-taking-money-from-ex-trump-official-kash-patel https://abovethelaw.com/2023/05/quitfired-trump-lawyer-tim-parlatore-says-trump-is-innocent-victim-of-his-bad-advisors/ https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-attorneys-letter-attorney-general-merrick-garland-meeting-special-counsel-investigations/ https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/24/politics/jennifer-leigh-moore-weaponization-subcommittee/index.html https://www.cbsnews.com/news/shane-lamond-dc-police-proud-boys-enrique-tarrio/ https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/06/05/protests-washington-dc-federal-agents-law-enforcement-302551 https://www.newsweek.com/russia-donald-trump-enemies-sanctions-response-ukraine-1801818 https://www.ojp.gov/ncjrs/virtual-library/abstracts/sort-just-knowing-theyre-around-can-create-sense-security-and https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/soldiers-disciplined-helicopters-hovering-blm-protesters-dc/story?id=77066526 https://media.defense.gov/2021/Nov/19/2002896088/-1/-1/1/DODIG-2022-039%20V2%20508.PDF https://federalnewsnetwork.com/defense-main/2022/06/dods-acting-ig-is-in-his-position-unlawfully-gao-finds/ https://federalnewsnetwork.com/search-for-accountability/2023/05/robert-storch-inspector-general-of-the-department-of-defense/ https://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/markmilleynationaldefenseuniversitygraduationremarks.htm https://www.npr.org/2020/11/09/933105262/trump-terminates-secretary-of-defense-mark-esper https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2022/08/03/dods-missing-jan-6-phone-records-need-investigation-senate-leader-demands/ https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/06/dhs-domestic-intelligence-program-000855440 comments0
- S3E18: Navarro and Special Guest Patr10ticWe recap recent developments, including Pence's grand jury testimony, the Proud Boys seditious conspiracy verdict, the civil case brought by E Jean Carroll and news that Special Jack Smith is investigating the Big Rip-Off. I then have a conversation with a sedition hunter who goes by the handle Patr10tic who has applied his skills in artificial intelligence to develop tools, and who has lately been keeping tabs on the community that has developed a series of bizarre conspiracy theories regarding January sixth, including an especially strange claim that individuals in the mob of attackers were supplied with some very unusual communications equipment on January 6th. The rest of the episode consists of a reading of the many transcripts that mention former Trump White House trade czar Peter Navarro, including his work on the Navarro Report, his contacts with Bannon and other co-conspirators, the Green Bay Sweep, and his efforts to bring as many people to DC as possible for January sixth. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/capitol-rioter-shot-local-deputies-fbi-informed-jan-6-charges-rcna80725 https://www.newsweek.com/pence-testimony-sharply-incriminating-evidence-trump-kirschner-1797201 https://www.msnbc.com/deadline-white-house/deadline-legal-blog/trumps-embrace-new-hampshire-jan-6-defendant-dangerous-precedent-rcna81955 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zpPoruxy7k https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/63359365/united-states-v-navarro/ https://vimeo.com/470515015 https://www.govinfo.gov/collection/january-6th-committee-final-report?path=/gpo/January%206th%20Committee%20Final%20Report%20and%20Supporting%20Materials%20Collection/Supporting%20Materials%20-%20Transcribed%20Interviews%20and%20Depositions https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/maddowblog/prosecutors-reported-interest-trumps-fundraising-matters-rcna82198 https://rumble.com/vhpam3-episode-980the-border-tipping-pointpeter-navarro-on-the-stolen-election-and.html https://www.pinalcentral.com/san_tan_valley_sentinel/local_news/gop-lawsuit-questions-duplicateballots-in-queen-creek/article_ee9557d0-97e4-53e9-a269-5beb4b64370a.html https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23595949-letter-to-irs-re-request-for-review-of-501-c-3-status-61 https://archive.org/details/dominion-voting-systems-report-final-12-2-20.docx-1/page/n9/mode/2up https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/mar/16/trump-white-house-aide-secret-author-dominion-report https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/24/politics/timothy-parlatore-testified-grand-jury-maralago-trump/index.html https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/13/politics/john-mcentee-white-house-security-clearance/index.html https://nypost.com/2021/11/09/book-reveals-how-johnny-mcentee-became-deputy-president-of-trump-wh/ https://www.axios.com/2020/06/14/john-mcentee-white-house-trump https://www.cbsnews.com/colorado/news/colorado-attorney-trump-legal-adviser-jenna-ellis-censured/0 comments0
- Capitol Insurrection Report Apr 13 · 1h 40m S3EP17: Sedition VIPs with JewelzWe begin with a short summary of recent sentencings in January 6th cases: many of the defendants who have faced more serious charges have opted to go to trial, which has meant that we were always going to reach a point when a large number of serious felony defendants would be found guilty and sentenced all at once. We have reached that point, so I take a moment to take stock of the felony defendants who have been sentenced since March 1. The bulk of the episode consists of an interview with a sedition hunter who I address as Jewelz, who specializes in “Sedition VIPs” and who can be found on Twitter @BetoAngelMommas. We have a broad-ranging conversation regarding the activities of sedition VIPs on January 6th, the role they and organizers played in the runup to January 6th, and the assymetric polarization of the Republican Party beginning during the Obama era. Jewelz also discusses the link between the Council for National Policy and a slew of persons involved in January 6th, and how the conservative funder Foster Friess has bankrolled any number of far-right actors over the years, including Ali Alexander, Charlie Kirk and Project Veritas. We also discuss the interlocking network of extremist groups, including Groundswell, the Conservative Action Group, Judicial Watch and the Tea Party, where many of the activists who organized January 6th gained experience and connections. https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/ohio-man-pleads-guilty-felony-charge-actions-jan-6-capitol-breach https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/maryland-man-sentenced-felony-and-misdemeanor-charges-related-capitol-breach https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/texas-man-sentenced-felony-and-misdemeanor-charges-related-capitol-breach https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/north-carolina-man-sentenced-assaulting-officers-during-jan-6-capitol-breach https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/pennsylvania-woman-found-guilty-felony-and-misdemeanor-charges-related-capitol-breach https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/kentucky-woman-pleads-guilty-assaulting-officers-during-jan-6-capitol-breach https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/three-men-are-first-capitol-breach-defendants-convicted-trial-assaulting-police-officers https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/nevada-man-pleads-guilty-assaulting-officers-during-jan-6-capitol-breach https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/7273354-CNP-Membership-Directory-September-2020 https://washingtonspectator.org/nelson-cnp/ https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2022/02/22/justice-clarence-thomas-wife-ginni-behind-group-that-reportedly-pushed-january-6-fake-electors-scheme/ https://www.foiaresearch.net/organization/groundswell-group0 comments0
- S3E16: Trump's First IndictmentIn the defendant profile, will revisit Shane Jenkins, who was convicted on all counts on March 29, 2023, and faces a lengthy stint in the federal prison system. Also covering the news that a Manhattan grand jury has issued an indictment for 34 charges, which may be the first of several indictments to be issued in the many potential cases in which Trump would stand as a defendant. The majority of the episode consists of a close reading of the transcript of Senior Advisor to the President Eric Herschmann, who, despite offering useful testimony with regard to the now-infamous White House meeting with "team crazy," nonetheless has some odd memory issues, and seems oddly protective of Rudy Giuliani. https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/texas-man-found-guilty-felony-and-misdemeanor-charges-related-capitol-breach-1 https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/3923044-pence-on-ruling-that-he-must-testify-in-jan-6-probe-i-have-nothing-to-hide/ https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/30/politics/donald-trump-indictment/index.html https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-grand-jury-hush-money-playboy-model-b2311288.html https://apnews.com/article/amazoncom-inc-donald-trump-jeff-bezos-business-ad911dcfadb4441fc3e7d9e0018c1dec https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/30/politics/allen-weisselberg-attorney-trump-organization/index.html https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/29/manhattan-trump-grand-jury-set-to-break-for-a-month-00089422 https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/29/manhattan-trump-grand-jury-set-to-break-for-a-month-00089422 https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3917300-squeezed-by-investigations-trump-escalates-violent-rhetoric/ https://www.govinfo.gov/app/details/GPO-J6-TRANSCRIPT-CTRL0000062567/0 comments0
- S3E15: Jared's Memory ProblemsThis episode begins with the numbers, and the description of a category of defendants who have recently been charged, after a long wait. These are defendants whose cases center in the "heave-ho" attack in the Lower West Terrace Tunnel, who it appears are being charged with felony counts of acts of violence on restricted grounds during civil disorder, rather than Assault on a Federal Officer. We then move on to some recent news, including what may be the most significant January 6th case to date, the arrest of Bannon's billionaire financer and CPAC sponsor, Trump's premature claim that he was to have been arrested this week in the hush money case, and the ruling by Chief Judge Howell of the DCD that Trump attorney Evan Corcoran must hand over documents and testify in the stolen classified documents case, overcoming attorney-client privilege based on the crime-fraud exception. The remainder of the episode consists of a close reading of the transcript of the seven-hour testimony of Jared Kushner, with an examination of his role in the "Big Rip-Off" detailed in Appendix 3 of the Final Report of the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack. https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/indiana-couple-arrested-actions-lower-west-terrace-during-jan-6-capitol-breach https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/press-release/file/1574611/download https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/ho-wan-kwok-aka-miles-guo-arrested-orchestrating-over-1-billion-dollar-fraud-conspiracy https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2022/06/guo-wengui-lin-wood-steve-bannon-million-maga-march/ https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/18/politics/donald-trump-manhattan-da-arrest-protests/index.html https://abcnews.go.com/US/sources-special-counsel-claims-trump-deliberately-misled-attorneys/story?id=98024191 https://news.yahoo.com/court-makes-extraordinary-night-demands-040839431.html https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/24/politics/trump-classified-documents-maralago-eluded-fbi/index.html https://www.govinfo.gov/app/details/GPO-J6-TRANSCRIPT-CTRL0000060760/0 comments0
- S3 E14: Alex Cannon, Private EyeA quick update on some of the latest January sixth news, followed by a close reading of 300 pages of transcripts from crucial testimony by a key figure in the January sixth Committee Report, Trump campaign attorney Alex Cannon. Topics include the arrest of an AFO defendant who was arrested on January 6th, only to be released from his cuffs by the mob of Trumpist thugs, an analysis of the daunting task of reading some 18,000 pages of testimony, a call for assistance with regard to this task, with inquiries to be directed to @capinsurrep on Twitter, and some discussion of the question of whether the speech and debate clause actually applies to members of the executive branch, such as the vice president. The main body of the episode consists of a close reading of the two transcripts of testimony by Trump campaign lawyer Alex Cannon in April and August of 2021. Cannon offered very useful testimony to Committee with regard to the big lie, and had documentation to support his position that he had opposed "team crazy." Nonetheless, the transcripts make it clear that this opposition had its limits, and Cannon took pains to absent himself from the work of "team crazy," even going so far as to move his office. Although the Committee did not delve much into the question of Cannon's involvement in the TMAGAC "Big Rip-Off" scheme, already addressed in S3E11, "The Big Rip-Off," which was relegated to Appendix 3 of the Final Report, Cannon, whose expertise consists mainly of drawing up vendor contracts, lies at a nexus of Trump insiders who created LLCs that received disbursements from the Trump campaign and his PACs, sometimes totaling millions of dollars. Though the Committee seemingly took pains not to undermine Cannon's credibility, the questions surrounding these unusual dealings are reportedly of interest to Special Counsel Jack Smith. Cannon's transcript also shows how Cannon, who was represented by Daniel Benson, a named partner at Kasowitz, Benson and Torres, is linked to another KB&T client: Jared Kushner. Cannon told the Committee that it was Kushner, acting on the instruction of Donald Trump, who sought to create the Save America PAC as a leadership PAC because it would allow the campaign to transfer over 200 million dollars, ostensibly raised for the purposes of creating an Election Defense Fund that ultimately was never created, into an entity with few restrictions on how these funds could be spent. This move raises issues of FEC violations, wire fraud, and conspiracy to commit wire fraud. Also, in rare scoop for the podcast, I will reveal that Cannon authorized a secret investigation into January 6th funded with Trump PAC money. Cannon claims the investigation was conducted by 2M Document Management and Imaging, LLC, a firm with no clients not affiliated with Trump. Cannon also claims that this investigation, which was funded with part of the 6.2 million dollars disbursed to 2M, is work product subject to attorney-client privilege. Cannon asserted that neither the Committee, nor the public, nor anyone else, will ever see this privileged work product, which raises questions regarding accountability and transparency. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/crime/jesse-james-rumson-sedition-panda-jan-6-b2291006.html https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-shell-spending-scheme-comes-under-doj-scrutiny https://www.politico.com/news/2020/12/22/trump-brass-campaign-firm-449402 https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/16/politics/secret-grand-jury-special-counsel-trump/index.html https://www.lawfareblog.com/how-much-can-speech-or-debate-clause-protect-mike-pence https://www.golocalprov.com/news/blocks-voter-fraud-allegations-spark-controversy-in-rhode-island https://www.govinfo.gov/app/details/GPO-J6-TRANSCRIPT-CTRL0000062449/ https://www.govinfo.gov/app/details/GPO-J6-TRANSCRIPT-CTRL0000916113/0 comments0
- S3E13: The Justin Clark TranscriptWith 265 witness transcripts totaling approximately 18,000 pages of testimony into the Attack, The House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack has created a record that goes far beyond what's included in the final Report. One transcript that I think will be of interest is the testimony of Justin Clark, a former Chris Christe aide who served as the Deputy Campaign manager for the Trump/Pence ticket, and whose firm, Elections LLC, has been receiving $40,000 to $60,000 a month, supposedly for "recount" efforts, right up to the present. Clark was asked about the campaign's decision to declare Trump as the victor on election night, the fake elector scheme, and what the Committee Report calls "The Big Rip-Off," a fundraising appeal that said the money would be spent for an "election defense fund" that was never created, although the fine print Clark included in the disclaimer said the money would go to the Save America PAC, the entity that is paying Clark and many other witness LLCs today, supposedly for "recount" work that has never taken place. Also includes an update on the numbers, the latest subpoenas from Special Counsel Jack Smith, and the revelation that House Speaker Kevin McCarthy is going to hand over some 44,000 hours of video evidence of the January sixth attack for selective and misleading editing by an entertainment firm masquerading as a news outlet. https://www.govinfo.gov/app/details/GPO-J6-TRANSCRIPT-CTRL0000083778/ https://www.thedailybeast.com/california-doctor-austin-harris-charged-in-jan-6-capitol-riot https://www.msnbc.com/deadline-white-house/deadline-legal-blog/georgia-grand-jury-forewoman-trump-rcna71666 https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ivanka-trump-jared-kushner-subpoenaed-special-counsel-investigating/story?id=97398257 https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/15/politics/mark-meadows-subpoena/index.html https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/tucker-carlson-january-6th/ https://today.westlaw.com/Document/I343d39201f7e11eb942ed6fa035012ef/View/FullText.html?transitionType=Default&contextData=(sc.Default)&firstPage=true https://www.fec.gov/data/disbursements/?data_type=processed&committee_id=C00580100&committee_id=C00618371&committee_id=C00618389&recipient_name=elections+llc0 comments0
- S3 E12: Dakota AdamsIn the introduction, we catch up a on the latest numbers, and also a bit on the McGonigal case, the convictions in the second tranche of Oath Keepers in their seditious conspiracy case, and the ongoing seditious conspiracy case for the Proud Boys leadership, which should last at least a month longer. Then I am joined by Dakota Adams, son of Tasha Adams, and we discuss growing up with the specter of the collapse of civilization always 18 months away, eating powdered eggs, the Declaration of Orders We Will Not Obey, how the Oath Keepers almost became a far-right swinger sex cult, and the pimp daddy of white supremacist adjacent grifting. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/oath-keepers-members-convicted-seditious-conspiracy-rcna66622 https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2023/1/31/2150338/-Violence-and-laws-of-power-Jurors-see-more-Proud-Boys-evidence-Jan-6-communications https://www.lawfareblog.com/proud-boys-liveblog https://www.businessinsider.com/charles-mcgonigal-fbi-indictment-allison-guerriero-russia-deripaska-spies-nypd-giuliani-2023-1 https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/retired-fbi-executive-charged-concealing-225000-cash-received-outside-source https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:229bc9c0-05d4-3d60-8d06-69d25500c45c https://www.battlefields.org/learn/primary-sources/declaration-causes-seceding-states https://linktr.ee/dakotavadams https://dakotavadams.substack.com/0 comments0
- Capitol Insurrection Report Jan 13 · 1h 7m S3E11: The Big Rip-OffFocusing on recent reporting that signals Special Counsel Jack Smith is investigating a question that figures in Appendix 3 of the final Committee Report, "the Big-Rip Off." Possible charges include wire fraud and conspiracy to commit wire fraud, as the Big Lie was used after the conclusion of the 2020 election campaign to supposedly pay for an "election defense fund" that was never created. Instead, these funds were used to create the Save America PAC on November 9th, 2020. Appendix 3 of the Report details the flawed and possibly criminal process whereby these fundraising appeals were created and approved, and the uses to which these funds were allegedly put, in a scheme reminiscent of the "We Build the Wall" plot that has resulted in federal felony convictions for Bannon associate Timothy Shea. We will also examine a transcript from a witness who is a possible recipient of Save America PAC funds, who invoked his 5th amendment right against self incrimination to a wide variety of questions, including whether he worked on the Navarro Report, how he got his job in the Trump administration, whether he was involved in campaign activities, and whether he knows Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell, Patrick Byrne, Joanna Miller, Lin Wood, Mike Timarco, Rudy Giuliani, Ivan Raiklin, Phil Waldron and Steve Bannon. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-01-06/special-counsel-jack-smith-hires-anti-corruption-prosecutors-in-trump-probe https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/american-samoa-department-education-official-convicted-federal-jury-district-columbia-witness https://www.justice.gov/usao-edva/pr/former-virginia-governor-and-former-first-lady-convicted-public-corruption-charges https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/12/politics/subpoenas-special-counsel-trump-associates/index.html https://bipartisanreport.com/2023/01/12/trump-suffers-terrified-public-fit-after-jack-smith-issues-subpoenas/ https://www.salon.com/2022/11/23/launches-truth-social-on-new-special-counsels-wife/ https://apnews.com/article/steve-bannon-new-york-manhattan-donald-trump-government-and-politics-748410bc7d5aa006bad02e5bd7b68180 https://apnews.com/article/steve-bannon-crime-new-york-manhattan-elections-ff4731f198d9e71df765afb37bb42da6 https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/press-release/file/1306611/download https://twitter.com/trumpemail https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/08/trump-save-america-pac-eyed-by-federal-grand-jury.html https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-election-breaches/0 comments0
- S3E10: 18 Months and 845 PagesRecorded on the occasion of the second anniversary of the January sixth attack on the US Capitol, this episode is a page by page analysis of the Executive Summary of the Final Report of the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack. https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23466430/introductory-material-to-the-final-report-of-the-select-committee.pdf0 comments0
- S3E9: Opal KatzBeing the last episode before the final business meeting of the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack, I used this as an occasion to speak with Opal Katz, a member of the open-source intelligence community who has worked since immediately after the Capitol Insurrection to investigate what happened that day. Also includes a defendant profile of a key defendant whose case is currently before the DC Circuit Court. https://www.justice.gov/opa/page/file/1359541/download https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/case-multi-defendant/file/1552486/download https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/59696855/united-states-v-miller/?page=2 https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/national/capitol-riots/dc-circuit-to-hear-appeal-on-judges-decision-to-dismiss-obstruction-charges-in-jan-6-cases-carl-nichols-trump-jacob-lang-joseph-fischer-garret-miller/65-3d72e925-9e0a-42dd-8d6e-b67cedda10e20 comments0
- S3E8: Pride Goeth Before a FallMainly an examination of the Proud Boys seditious conspiracy case in light of the verdict in the Oath Keepers seditious conspiracy case, as well as a breakdown of the Oath Keepers verdict itself, and a look at the consequences of the appointment of Jack Smith as Special Counsel moving forward. https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/case-multi-defendant/file/1549501/download https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/59704100/united-states-v-nordean/?page=3 https://apnews.com/article/proud-boys-government-informant-dc84086d78b688bc585f874452d2b481 https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.dcd.228300/gov.uscourts.dcd.228300.550.0.pdf https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/crime/fbi-proud-boys-jan-6-b2225526.html https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/doj-rests-oath-keepers-trial-calling-witnesses-pleaded-guilty-seditiou-rcna55313 https://www.linkedin.com/in/joe-biggs-531b31b0 https://www.linkedin.com/in/zacharyrehl https://billypenn.com/2017/07/01/philly-trump-supporters-will-rally-against-those-calling-for-impeachment/ https://whyy.org/articles/proud-boys-maybe-counterprotesters-definitely-what-we-know-ahead-of-saturdays-we-the-people-rally/ https://www.kgw.com/article/news/local/far-right-and-antifa-groups-both-claim-victory-after-portland-protests/283-8fab3373-b50b-4c96-b440-2c284b6abfe2 https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2021/01/31/marine-veteran-among-two-proud-boys-facing-federal-conspiracy-charges-in-capitol-riot/ https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/national/capitol-riots/proud-boy-dominic-pezzola-had-thumb-drive-of-bomb-poison-instructions-doj-says/65-b584a8d4-9681-41ec-b6f0-5aed6c5d86b9 https://rumble.com/v18yv58-never-before-seen.-proud-boys-mosd-jan-6-pre-brief.-conspiracy-to-commit-se.html https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.dcd.229063/gov.uscourts.dcd.229063.401.1.pdf https://www.newamerica.org/future-frontlines/briefs/alt-finance-for-alt-tech/ https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/60314314/united-states-v-samsel/ https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/29/politics/oath-keepers-convicted-verdict-charges-january-6-seditious-conspiracy https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/appointment-special-counsel-0 https://theintercept.com/2022/11/23/trump-jack-smith-justice-department/ https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-lawyers-2658189528/0 comments0
- S3E7: The Prosecution RestsDefendant profile of Donald Smith, whose charges were dismissed, becoming only the second January 6th defendant to have his case dismissed. Other topics include the the first Oath Keepers seditious conspiracy trial, the midterm elections and election denialism, Trump's failure to comply with his subpoena from the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack, use immunity extended to Kash Patel in the stolen documents case, and reporting that the work of several of the investigative teams under the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack will not be included in the forthcoming report by the Committee, which reportedly will focus narrowly on the case against Donald Trump, the announcement by Trump that he intends to seek the Republican nomination in 2024, and the determination by the RNC that it will no longer pay Trump's legal bills. https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/60630211/united-states-v-smith/ https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/jan-6-committee-staffers-told-preliminary-plan-final-report-focus-larg-rcna56802 https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/62601657/united-states-v-rhodes-iii/ https://www.newsherald.com/story/news/crime/2018/10/19/vigilante-group-oath-keepers-arrested-in-mexico-beach-following-hurricane-michael/9509280007/ https://docs-cdn-prod.news-engineering.aws.wapo.pub/publish_document/f36d85e3-6ea5-4df2-add1-1903f07f832b/published/f36d85e3-6ea5-4df2-add1-1903f07f832b.pdf https://vadogwood.com/2022/10/13/virginia-trump-supporters-get-split-verdict-in-weapons-election-case/ https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/03/trump-news-kash-patel-granted-immunity-to-testify-in-mar-a-lago-documents-case-.html https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/jan-6-committee-staffers-told-preliminary-plan-final-report-focus-larg-rcna56802 https://www.cbsnews.com/news/steve-bannons-prison-sentence-delayed-appeal/ https://www.cbsnews.com/news/election-deniers-2022-midterm-elections/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=189749572#app https://www.businessinsider.com/ronna-mcdaniel-rnc-cannot-pay-legal-bills-donald-trump-runs-2022-11 https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/59704100/united-states-v-nordean0 comments0
- S3E6: Trump Subpoena/MidtermsUpdates on the Oath Keepers seditious conspiracy case ongoing in DC District Court, the question of whether felony defendants in January 6th cases are being treated leniently at sentencing, a look at a House candidate's surprising connection to the effort to overturn 2020 presidential election results in Georgia, and ten possible charges that may be referred to the DOJ by the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack suggested by the text of the subpoena accepted Donald Trump's attorneys on his behalf. https://scholarship.law.stjohns.edu/lawreview/vol95/iss3/2/ https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/06/steve-bannon-election-takeover-precinct-strategy https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/cases-alleged-arizona-voter-intimidation-referred-doj/story?id=92054635 https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/election/article267273242.html https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/05/north-carolina-gerrymandering/527592/ https://www.npr.org/2020/01/05/785672201/deceased-gop-strategists-daughter-makes-files-public-that-republicans-wanted-sea https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/evangelical-history/is-segregation-scriptural-a-radio-address-from-bob-jones-on-easter-of-1960/ https://spectacularmag.com/2022/09/29/emergency-room-nurse-courtney-geels-is-running-for-ncs-congressional-district-4/ https://www.newsoforange.com/community/article_c4e6e984-79e2-11ec-8ffe-d739af6b7d6e.html https://ballotpedia.org/Courtney_Geels#Campaign_themes https://www.ajc.com/politics/election/georgia-rips-trumps-voter-fraud-claims-in-court/P6TI4J3CKVDQZMNVG66Q2GBQCE/ https://www.cacd.uscourts.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Dkt%20350-17%2C%20Ex.%20P%20Stewart%20Decl%20GA%20case_2.pdf https://www.politico.com/news/2022/10/26/trump-receives-subpoena-jan-6-committee-00063628 https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23170927/20221021-j6-cmte-subpeona-to-donald-trump.pdf https://docs.house.gov/meetings/IJ/IJ00/20211019/114156/HMTG-117-IJ00-20211019-SD001.pdf https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/60313941/smith-v-trump/?page=20 comments0
- Capitol Insurrection Report Oct 19 · 2h 13m S3E5: Ninth HearingSummary and analysis of the ninth investigative hearing of the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack, with an emphasis on identifying the over 20 new pieces of evidence and testimony offered at the hearing. https://www.npr.org/2022/10/13/1125331584/jan-6-committee-hearing-transcript https://www.c-span.org/video/?523473-1/january-6-committee-votes-subpoena-president-trump https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/15/january-6-panel-department-of-justice-trump-00056932 https://lostnotstolen.org/ https://www.justsecurity.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/january-6-clearinghouse-norfolk-report-january-5-2021.pdf https://www.vice.com/en/article/7k87yx/secret-service-jan-6-messages0 comments0
- S3E4: Loose EndsCatching up on the events on the ongoing Seditious Conspiracy trial for Stewart Rhodes and the other defendants in the first tranche of Oath Keepers seditious conspiracy defendants, the plea agreement for cooperating fourth-degree Proud Boy Jeremy Bertino, and the ninth and possibly final hearing of the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack. Also, revisiting the current status of some of the felony AFO defendants profiled on the podcast, to see where they are now. https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/case-multi-defendant/file/1541236/download https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/crime/belmont-nc-proud-boy-jeremy-bertino-capitol-attack-guilty-plea/275-ae586dd8-862e-4e8f-ae48-3fa675e09717 https://apnews.com/article/oath-keepers-capitol-riot-trial-day-1-5a5edf6cbffc2a997aafb1036f858de1 https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/2/9/2079108/-Insurrectionist-Who-Walked-Out-Of-His-Last-Court-Appearance-Arraigned-On-8-Count-Felony-Indictment https://apnews.com/article/capitol-siege-donald-trump-north-carolina-fayetteville-79f747a34b25a60b8a1b6ea1b2315ddd https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.dcd.239244/gov.uscourts.dcd.239244.23.0.pdf https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/07/15/breaking-news/fbi-arrest-honolulu-businessman-mike-miske-and-11-others-in-kidnapping-and-murder-of-hawaii-kai-man/ https://dailyegyptian.com/105773/news/who-is-mathew-capsel-a-look-at-an-illinois-resident-charged-for-his-involvement-in-the-jan-6/0 comments0
- Season 3, Episode 3: The End of the BeginningAs we head into October, a number of developments point to the end of the beginning, an actual reckoning for the organizers of the January sixth attack. President Biden has begun to call for a staucu defense of electoral democracy in the US, calling out "extreme MAGA Republicans" as "semi-fascist." About 40 members of Trump's inner circle have been served with grand jury subpoenas, and at least ten have had their phones taken into evidence. Sedition hunter "Bigfoot" joins me for an interview to discuss these developments in what looks to be the runup to an explosive October. https://www.businessinsider.com/9-trump-associates-had-their-phones-seized-by-federal-authorities-2022-9 https://www.newsweek.com/steve-bannon-tells-charlie-kirk-35-maga-allies-got-raided-day-indictment-1741707 https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/12/politics/trump-orbit-grand-jury-subpoenas-justice-department-january-6/index.html https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dana-nessel-michigan-attorney-general-special-prosecutor-probe-2020-election-machines-her-possible-foe-this-fall-report/ https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-not-briefed-raid-trumps-florida-home-white-house-says-2022-08-09/ https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/09/trump-tax-returns-must-be-given-to-congress-court-says-.html https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2022/08/10/scott-perry-fbi-seized-cellphone/10284599002/0 comments0
- Season 3, Episode 2: Currently IncarceratedThis episode covers the recent arrest of Oath Keepers attorney Kellye SoRelle, and the possibility that other defendants may be added to her case. Also a discussion of the ongoing Mar-A-Lago classified documents case, and the arrest of Steve Bannon in New York on money laundering and conspiracy charges. Finally, I use publicly available information from the DOJ inmate locator tool to examine where currently incarcerated January 6th inmates are being housed post-sentencing, and whether the government's designations process really adequately takes account of the safety of the community in determining the custody level of these inmates. https://www.bop.gov/mobile/find_inmate/ https://www.bop.gov/inmates/custody_and_care/designations.jsp. https://www.bop.gov/policy/progstat/5100_008cn.pdf https://levittownnow.com/2022/06/15/bristol-man-in-custody-made-threatening-statements-fed-say/ https://extremism.gwu.edu/sites/g/files/zaxdzs2191/f/Matthew%20Ryan%20Miller%20Government%20Sentencing%20Memorandum.pdf https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/case-multi-defendant/file/1530526/download https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.txwd.1120287/gov.uscourts.txwd.1120287.23.0_2.pdf https://www.facebook.com/NewRepubReviv/videos/who-is-kellye-sorelle/525652978058734/ https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/02/politics/russian-oligarchs-homes-searched/index.html https://www.ft.com/content/1133c42e-82c9-11e9-b592-5fe435b57a3b https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/08/steve-bannon-surrenders-to-manhattan-da-00055427 https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2022/09/09/doj-offers-judge-cannon-a-new-deal-00055852 https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763.69.0_2.pdf https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/09/politics/oath-keepers-january-6-election-fraud-trump/index.html0 comments0
- Season 3, Episode 1: Noisy DesperationArrests slowed down in the January sixth investigation over the summer of 2022. In this episode, we explore the 33 arrests from June 1, 2022 through August 19, 2022, looking for commonalities. I find that many of these cases do have a few things in common: they are more likely to involve groups of defendants, they are the result of more "complex" investigations that require more resources, and they are more likely to be linked to VIPs. I discuss what this trend means in the future, especially with the new case brought against the "B Squad," a group of Florida Three Percenters who were engaged in the fight in the lower west terrace tunnel of the Capitol and who are led by former Republican House candidate Jeremy Liggett. Also new developments in the search of the Florida club operated by a former New Jersey casino owner, the Kyle Fitzsimons trial, the sentencing recommendation of 210 months for former NYPD officer and eye gouger Thomas Webster, and Liz Cheney's loss in the primary for the Wyoming US House seat. https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3604628-liz-cheney-defeated-in-wyoming-primary/ https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-motion-mar-a-lago-search/ https://www.wmtw.com/article/no-verdict-yet-in-bench-trial-of-maine-resident-kyle-fitzsimons-for-jan-6-capitol-riot/40944543 https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/ex-nypd-officer-found-guilty-attacking-dc-cop-flag-pole-jan-6-rcna26710 https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/press-release/file/1528531/download0 comments0
- Season 2, Episode 24: You Got ServedTopics include the FBI search of Donald Trump's Florida home in the investigation of the mishandling of documents, a defendant profile of a pastor who is affiliated with the New Apostolic Revival movement, the longest sentence handed out to a January 6th defendant to date, the subpoenas served to fake Trump electors, the contents of Alex Jones' phone being handed over to the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack, grand jury subpoenas issued to Pat Cippolone and Pat Philbin, and the testimony of Doug Mastriano before the Committee. https://www.justsecurity.org/81939/timeline-false-alternate-slate-of-electors-scheme-donald-trump-and-his-close-associates/ https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/06/politics/georgia-trump-investigation-fake-electors-email/index.html/ https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/ex-gop-chair-trump-fake-electors-plotted-hide-overnight-michigan-capitol https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/3585008-dod-wiped-phones-of-trump-era-leaders-erasing-jan-6-texts/ https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/03/politics/kinzinger-cipollone-subpoena-trump-doj-2020-cnntv/index.html https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/03/politics/philbin-subpoena/index.html https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2022/07/27/mark-ponder-capitol-riot-january-6-prison-sentence/10171304002/ https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/texas-man-sentenced-prison-actions-related-capitol-breach https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/case-multi-defendant/file/1518531/download https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/08/politics/mar-a-lago-search-warrant-fbi-donald-trump/index.html https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/08/politics/doug-mastriano-january-6-committee/index.html https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-took-classified-material-white-house-florida-national-archives-says-2022-02-18/0 comments0
- Capitol Insurrection Report Jul 29 · 2h 7m Season Two, Episode 23: Run Josh, RunMainly dedicated to the 8th public hearing of the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack, but also covering other new developments, including the Bannon conviction for contempt of Congress, the latest defendant suicide, the announcement of new hearings after the August break, the release of DHS emails from January sixth, the continuing story of obstruction of justice by the Secret Service, new emails relating to the fake elector scheme, and new witnesses providing testimony to the Committee and DOJ. https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/22089493-foia-department-of-defense-emails https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dhs-jan-6-missing-texts_n_62e3a22ce4b07f83766e534f https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/28/politics/klukowski-justice/index.html https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/national/capitol-riots/stop-the-steal-speaker-brandon-straka-gave-fbi-info-on-rally-organizers-more-than-a-dozen-others-as-part-of-plea-deal-ali-alexander-chafian-kremer/65-bee210ed-47ea-440d-93c1-2f889c040ffa https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/28/former-trump-white-house-chief-of-staff-mick-mulvaney-to-meet-with-jan-6-capitol-riot-committee.html https://www.c-span.org/video/?521771-1/eighth-hearing-investigation-capitol-attack&vod&start=4032 https://www.npr.org/2022/07/22/1112138665/jan-6-committee-hearing-transcript0 comments0
- Season 2, Episode 22: A Little Unmoored from RealityA synopsis and analysis the seventh public hearing of the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack, including the significance of the testimony of Pat Cippolone and 34 other witnesses, the draft tweet regarding January sixth, text messages sent between Brad Parscale and Katerina Pierson, the "team crazy" meeting on December 18th, 2020 at the White House, and a synopsis of what we can expect at the final primetime hearing in this tranche of hearings, including the possibility of texts from the Secret Service, testimony from former Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne, and possible communications between Donald Trump and members of the Sedition Caucus during the 187 minute period when Trump was watching the violence at the Capitol unfold from the safety of the White House. https://www.alternet.org/2022/06/doj-tries-to-determine-if-sidney-powells-nonprofit-is-funding-the-oath-keepers-defense/ https://www.thedailybeast.com/is-sidney-powell-secretly-funding-the-oath-keepers-lawyers-the-feds-want-to-know https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/kenbensinger/sidney-powell-funding-oath-keepers-defense https://www.npr.org/2022/07/12/1111123258/jan-6-committee-hearing-transcript https://www.c-span.org/video/?521495-1/seventh-hearing-investigation-capitol-attack https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/case-multi-defendant/file/1518441/download https://www.businessinsider.com/patrick-byrne-overstock-testifies-january-6-committee-eight-hours-cnn-2022-7 https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/jan-6-panel-expects-get-secret-service-texts-tuesday-says-new-witnesse-rcna386080 comments0
- Season 2, Episode 21: "Other Witnesses"The fallout from the Hutchinson testimony and the 8.5 hour testimony of Pat Cippolone, the desperate and comically late claims by Steve Bannon and Stewart Rhodes that they really, honestly and sincerely want to testify before the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack, the possibility of new material from the Red Team and Green Team at the upcoming Committee hearings, the possibility of testimony from former Trump Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Matthews and former Oath Keeper affiliate Jason van Tatenhove, and closing with the tempting possibility that Representative Raskin appeared to have floated that these hearings will feature "other witnesses." https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jamie-raskin-face-the-nation-transcript-07-10-2022/ https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/05/politics/sarah-matthews-testifying-january-6-committee/index.html https://www.propublica.org/article/top-trump-fundraiser-boasted-of-raising-3-million-to-support-jan-6-save-america-rally https://www.denverpost.com/2022/02/27/oath-keepers-colorado-jason-van-tatenhove/0 comments0
- Season 2, Episode 20: Witness TamperingNews from the June 28th hearing of the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack, featuring the testimony of former senior aide to former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, including the revelation that two persons, whose identities are known to the Committee, have engaged in possible witness tampering. https://wwwhttps://www.npr.org/2022/06/28/1108396692/jan-6-committee-hearing-transcript https://www.c-span.org/video/?521387-1/sixth-hearing-investigation-capitol-attack https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/09/hutchinson-former-meadows-aide-replaces-lawyer-jan-6-hearings-00038439 https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jun/30/jan-6-hearings-trump-mark-meadows-cassidy-hutchinson-threatened https://www.cbsnews.com/video/schiff-says-jan-6-committee-has-additional-leads-after-cassidy-hutchinson-testimony/#x.npr.org/2022/06/28/1108396692/jan-6-committee-hearing-transcript https://www.c-span.org/video/?521387-1/sixth-hearing-investigation-capitol-attack https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/09/hutchinson-former-meadows-aide-replaces-lawyer-jan-6-hearings-00038439 https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jun/30/jan-6-hearings-trump-mark-meadows-cassidy-hutchinson-threatened https://www.cbsnews.com/video/schiff-says-jan-6-committee-has-additional-leads-after-cassidy-hutchinson-testimony/#x0 comments0
- Season 2, Episode 19: The Right CandidateDiscussion and analysis of the latest news related to January sixth, including the Dobbs decision, the death of former Senate Sergeant at Arms Michael Stenger, and the seizure of Jeff Rosen's phone. The main theme is the fifth public hearing of the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack held on June 23rd, featuring testimony from Jeff Rosen, Eric Herschmann and Seth Engel on the subject of Jeff Clark's campaign in the waning days of the Trump administration to fire his own boss and have himself appointed Acting Attorney General of the United States, and his plan to send notices from the Justice Department to state legislatures in states where the Trump campaign sought to overturn the lawful slates of electors and replace them with unlawfully self-selected slates of fraudulent electors. https://www.npr.org/2022/06/23/1106700800/jan-6-committee-hearing-transcript0 comments0
© Scott Koon