No host has claimed this podcast yet, if you are the host you can verify ownership by claiming this podcast
Building While Flying
2 out of 5 stars
Full Disclosure: I love some of the people at Sasha, but this podcast falls short of their typical A+ delivery. Each episode, and I listened to old/new releases, is painful. There is little consistency in quality questions, content, and lessons learned. Perhaps it’s due to them attempting to find their lane — as witnessed by the ping-ponging of show hosts. Perhaps we can blame it on the guests being interviewed and their inability to share key success moments. Perhaps it’s just me… but do yourself a favor and skip this one. The 2-stars are because there aren’t any obnoxious ads run therein — but I kind of wished I’d been offered something?
5 out of 5 stars
One of my go-to podcasts for marketing and business!!
5 out of 5 stars
Excellent podcast for anyone in the business world - you don’t have to be a founder or work at an early stage company to benefit from listening to this. Really great framing/Qs from the hosts and the guests have been wonderful. Highly recommend!
5 out of 5 stars
Really great podcast thus far. Excited to see what else they have in store.
5 out of 5 stars
Can’t Wait to See What Comes Next!
Loved the first episode and all the valuable insights that came with it. Truly look forward to all the learning and value that this podcast brings in the future. Thank you to all involved!!
5 out of 5 stars
So excited for this big potential
I’m very excited for this podcast. Another podcast to tune into for learning
5 out of 5 stars
JUST CANT WAIT TO BE A GUEST ON THIS SHOW!!!
I know probably half the team that works at The Sasha Group and have to say that they are all amazing! Can’t wait to listen to their podcast on my commute into work AND be a guest on one of their episodes in 2021!!!
5 out of 5 stars
Can’t wait for this content!
Just subscribed, and this is the exact content I want to hear from podcasts! I’m an extremely small/early start-up ( just graduating from side hustle to a real business ) and the insights from this will most likely be priceless as most thing Gary has his hands in are!!
- Amount of episodes
- Explicit content
- Episode type
- Podcast link
- Last upload date
- June 1, 2023
- Last fetch date
- June 4, 2023 7:56 PM
- Upload range
- The Sasha Group
- Combining Storytelling with the Physical World - Devin Lars, CEO and Founder of KurieoDevin Lars is the Founder and CEO of Kurieo Media, a creative agency specializing in fusing digital marketing with the physical world to bring unique solutions to their clients. Kurieo has worked with some of the biggest brands in the world, like Tesla, Cisco, and Nike, and A-list celebrities in the transportation, technology, music, and film industries. Although Kurieo is a relatively young company, Devin has spent more than a decade building the foundation that led to Kurieo’s success. Before even graduating high school, Devin built a successful screenprinting business out of his grandfather’s garage, selling customized t-shirts in his neighborhood and beyond. In this episode of the Building While Flying podcast, Devin joins Joe Quattrone to talk about how he started his agency and the future of creativity and business. He gives insight into his personal journey, merging storytelling with production, and the importance of therapy. In-flight topics: Devin’s journey to starting his own agency What makes his agency unique How AI is changing how we do business Growing out of the small business mindset His upcoming podcast and personal healing …and more! Connect with Devin: Devin’s Website: https://devinlars.com/ Devin’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/devinlars/ Kurieo Website: https://kurieo.com/ Kurieo Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kurieoagency/0 comments0
- How Alterations Can Reinvigorate The Fashion Industry and Make it More Sustainable - Nancy Rhodes, Founder of AlternewNancy Rhodes, the founder of Alternew, is a veteran in the fashion industry. Her years of adding to the wasteful overconsumption of goods led her to a Master’s degree in sustainability and eventually to founding Alternew, a brand that’s designed to be inherently sustainable by promoting a re-fashion economy. Alternew is an on-demand clothing alteration and repair service with a strong mission of sustainability, positive body image, and accessibility. In this episode of the Building While Flying podcast, Nancy joins Maribel Lara to explain her vision to make the fashion industry more sustainable. She gives insight into her journey, shifting the mindset of fashion haul to fashion care, and why this creates an opportunity for experience and storytelling. In-flight topics: Nancy’s fashion journey and where the idea came from What her business is and who her customers are Returning to a former time of tailoring Reframing fashion hauls into fashion care What keeps her going …and more! Connect with Nancy: Nancy’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nancyrhodes/ Nancy’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/partycaptainnancy/ Alternew Website: https://alternew.com/ Alternew Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alternew_official/0 comments0
- Building While Flying May 4 · 28m Redefining Sales Through Servant Leadership - Dale Dupree, Co-Founder of Sales RebellionDale Dupree is the co-founder of Sales Rebellion, which provides sales training and personal development. He is audacious with his outreach, intentional in his sales walk, and driven to create a community of sales professionals that cause undeniable curiosity and true impact. The rebellion believes in people over products, community over commission sales, fellowship over negotiations, and experiences over performing a pitch. Dale’s sales background dates back to his childhood when he wandered the halls of his father’s business. In this episode of the Building While Flying podcast, Dale joins Maribel Lara to explain why he is rebelling against the typical canned approach to sales and creating a place that offers freedom from it. He gives insight into his sales journey, why sales should be more personal, and why he focuses on connection and community, not numbers. In-flight topics: Dale’s Sales Journey Building the rebellion Evolving the way you sell Finding mutual ground with your customer What his father taught him about entrepreneurship …and more! Connect with Jared: Dale’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/copierwarrior/ Sales Rebellion Website: https://www.thesalesrebellion.com/ Sales Rebellion Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/salesrebellion/0 comments0
- The Importance of Retreats in a Remote/Hybrid Work World - Jared Kleinert, founder of OffsiteJared Kleinert is the founder of Offsite, a company that plans retreats that can save you time, money, and stress. Jared is also a TED speaker and is recognized as USA Today’s most conceptual millennial. He has written 3 books and his insights on entrepreneurship, networking, remote work, and offsites have been featured in major media such as Forbes, Time, Harvard Business Review, Fortune, NPR, Fox Business, and more. In this episode of the Building While Flying podcast, Jared joins Mickey Cloud to explain how he scaled his business. He gives some insight into its beginnings, why he prioritized service before software at first, and the unconventional ways he keeps calm under pressure. In-flight topics: The origin story of Offsite Their business model and how it will evolve Prioritizing service over software Choosing the right clients to work with Could Offsite be a leading indicator of the health of the economy? …and more! Connect with Jared: Jared’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jaredkleinert/ Jared’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jared.kleinert/ Offsite Website: https://www.offsite.com/ Offsite Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/joinoffsite/0 comments0
- The Building While Flying TrailerWelcome to Building While Flying: a weekly business podcast from Gary Vaynerchuk’s agency The Sasha Group. We are the small- to medium-sized business arm of VaynerX, the most contemporary independent holding company in the industry. At The Sasha Group, we teach, guide, and execute modern-day brand building and marketing for ambitious businesses looking for meaningful growth. Building a business isn’t linear. The journey is wrought with turbulence, delays, and re-routes. Those who win are resilient, unafraid of challenges, and willing to flex in order to reach their destination. We get it; entrepreneurship is in our DNA, and we’re built of people with entrepreneurial experience and empathy. Right now, times are volatile and ambiguous. Across all sectors, there is an air of experimentation. Brands and businesses are investigating new methods, exploring new paths, testing and learning, adapting, and, well, building the plane while flying. By adopting an uncertainty mindset, we can navigate the ever-changing skies of entrepreneurship together by listening, learning, applying, and sharing. On Building While Flying, we hear from a diverse range of business leaders about how they face challenges head on and stay calm under pressure. Their stories are riddled with the unexpected and share how their strategies have been put into practice and changed their business. Past episodes have featured stories of turning side hustles into main hustles, building businesses inspired by their families’ needs, dealing with rejection, selling the company they built, innovating better-for-you foods and products, and above all else, following their dreams and navigating the trials of entrepreneurship. Thanks so much for flying with us. We’re glad you’re on this journey, too. Make sure you subscribe so you don’t miss our weekly episodes.0 comments0
- The U.S. is on the Verge of an Animal Care Crisis - Dr. Michele Forbes, Founder of Compassionate Care Animal HospitalDr. Michele Forbes is the founder of Compassionate Care Animal Hospital, which is a Fear-Free certified practice, and an AAHA (American Animal Hospital Association) accredited hospital, which only 15% of animal hospitals are. She worked as an emergency veterinarian for 12 years prior to opening CCAH as well as founding Spirit’s Legacy Fund in 2015. Dr. Forbes is passionate about caring for patients and clients. She enjoys making a difference in helping patients live their best lives. Outside of veterinary medicine, she shares her life with her husband, three kids, two dogs, two cats, and a variety of wildlife who mostly stay out of the garage. In this episode of the Building While Flying podcast, Michele joins Joe Quattrone to explain why the US is about to be in an animal care crisis. Michele gives some insight into the statistics, how this happened, and what makes her animal hospital unique. In-flight topics: The bleak statistics of where animal care in the U.S. is headed The cash flow of animal hospitals Small independent vet vs. big corporations Why her hospital is unique and wants to change vet culture Is being a vet the right way scalable? …and more! Connect with Michele: Michele’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michele-forbes-a99773202/ Michele’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/drforbeez/ CCAH Website: https://www.ccahpetvet.com/ CCAH Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ccahpetvetina2/ “I started Compassionate Care with the one goal of I want these amazing vet professionals to show up at work, love the team, love what they’re doing even though it’s hard. And even though there are challenges, I still want them to walk away feeling like I am part of something really special and amazing and we’re accomplishing really special and amazing things.” - Michele0 comments0
- Using the Power of Community to Make an Impact - Cate Luzio, Founder & CEO of LuminaryCate Luzio is the founder and CEO of Luminary, a global professional education and networking platform created to uplift and up-skill women through all phases of their professional journey. Members are comprised of a multi-generational and intersectional community of individuals, entrepreneurs, corporations, and organizations including JP Morgan Chase, Unilever, Verizon, Indeed, MasterCard, Spotify, Power Map, BlackRock, Yelp, and more. Before starting Luminary, Cate spent two decades in financial services leading global multi-billion dollar businesses. In this episode of the Building While Flying podcast, Cate joins Maribel Lara to share more about Luminary and her experiences as an entrepreneur. Cate gives some insight into her professional journey, adapting to her environment, and why being an entrepreneur is so hard. In-flight topics: How banking made her entrepreneurial The evolution of Luminary’s vision Being a business fueled by its members The isolation and constant mental struggle of an entrepreneur Why hearing stories from members makes it worth it …and more! Connect with Cate: Cate LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cluzio/ Cate Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cateluzio/ Luminary website: https://www.weareluminary.com/ Luminary Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/weareluminary/ “While everyone likes to use the word pivot for us, we didn’t pivot… pivot means we changed directions, we didn’t change directions. We adapted to the environment and what was happening. Our core mission never changed, how we delivered it evolved.” - Cate0 comments0
- [Re-Run] Winning by Staying in the Game - Sehreen Noor Ali, Co-Founder & CEO of SleuthSehreen Noor Ali is the Co-Founder and CEO of Sleuth, a search engine for parents to help with their children’s health and development. Sleuth originally began as a solution for her own family’s needs, and Sehreen quickly realized it would help more than her own family. After meeting her co-founder Alex in an incubator, they got to work building Sleuth into what it is today. In this episode of the Building While Flying podcast, Sehreen joins Maribel Lara to share more about Sleuth and her experiences as an entrepreneur, mother, and caretaker. Sehreen gives some insight into how she came up with the name and what it means to her, and talks about meeting her now co-founder and how they best work together. In-flight topics: What inspired Sleuth and how it works Finding her co-founder Lessons learned in entrepreneurship The story behind Sleuth’s name and logo Advice for maintaining relationships as an entrepreneur …and more! Connect with Sehreen: Sehreen LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sehreennoorali/ Sehreen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sehreennoorali/ Sleuth website: https://hellosleuth.com/ Sleuth Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hellosleuth/0 comments0
- Building While Flying Mar 1 · 9m Our 100th Episode! Check Out Our Guests’ GrowthIn honor of our 100th episode, we thought it would be a great time to check in with previous guests and see what’s happened since we last spoke to them. Listen to our guests share exciting new updates like viral TikToks, exciting partnerships, launching NFTs, and more! We hope you are encouraged by how far our guests have come! Thank you for listening to and supporting our podcast! Subscribe to Building While Flying so you don’t miss out on future episodes. Updates From: Alice Kim, Founder and CEO of PerfectDD Anita Laney, Founder and CEO of DataLou Anouck Gotlib, CEO of Belgian Boys Giovanni Vaccaro, Co-Founder and CBO of Glamsquad Kyra Peralte, Creator of The Traveling Diary Tour Connect with our Guests: Alice on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alicekim007/ PerfectDD Website: https://perfectdd.com/ Anita on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/anita-laney-8a76699/ DataLou Website: https://www.datalou.com/ Anouck on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/anouck-gotlib/ Belgian Boys Website: https://www.belgianboys.com/ Giovanni on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/giovanni-vaccaro-b4137a90/ Glamsquad Website: https://www.glamsquad.com/ Kyra on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kyra-peralte-aa227917/ The Traveling Diary Tour Website: https://www.thetravelingdiarytour.com/ “Since our podcast in February, so much has happened, where do I start? With the support of The Sasha Group and Gary Vee, I finally launched on TikTok in April and we went viral! Our highest viewed video was watched 7.5 million times and that one video alone generated over $30,000 in sales.” - Alice Kim, Founder and CEO of PerfectDD0 comments0
- Making Someone Feel Special Through a Cup of Coffee (Nicholas Stone, Bluestone Lane)Nicholas Stone is the founder and CEO of Bluestone Lane, the fastest-growing premium café brand in the United States. Almost a decade ago, Bluestone Lane reset the coffee scene, introducing New York to the flat white and its Australian-inspired café experience. Now with over 65 locations across 8 markets, Bluestone is committed to providing great café experiences that are focused on human connection. In his conversation with Katie Hankinson, Nick shares how getting coffee in his home in Australia felt more like a communal experience whereas in America it was all about convenience. He started Bluestone Lane to try to recreate the Australian experience in the US. He discusses the challenges of COVID, human connection in a digital world, scaling, and adjusting to a hybrid workforce. In-flight topics: His origins and the cultural coffee differences in the US and Australia Getting through COVID The power of hospitality and making people feel special Choosing the right brand partnerships Adjusting to the hybrid workforce …and more! Connect with Nicholas Stone: Bluestone Lane Website: https://bluestonelane.com/ Bluestone Lane on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bluestonelane/ Bluestone Lane on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BluestoneLane Nicholas on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicholas-stone-49465767/ Nicholas on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nicholas_j_stone/0 comments0
- Overcoming Trauma, Eliminating Obstacles, and More Advice with Noted Entrepreneur Matt Higgins (RSE Ventures, Guest Shark)Matt Higgins is the CEO and co-founder of RSE Ventures. Matt is a noted serial entrepreneur and growth equity investor. He is also an executive fellow at the Harvard Business School where he teaches the course “Moving Beyond The Direct Consumer.” His first book “Burn The Boats: Toss Plan B Overboard and Unleash Your Full Potential” was published by Harper Collins William Morrow and became available on February 14, 2023. In his conversation with Joe Quattrone, Matt shares his personal journey from humble beginnings to now writing his first book. He discusses the hardships along the way and the lessons he learned from them. He hopes his book will encourage others dealing with their own traumas and teach them how to remove the things that are standing in the way of fully committing to the things they care about. In-flight topics: Why everyone can do personal branding How 9/11 shaped him What gets him to invest Life lessons from having cancer His new book and being vulnerable to encourage others …and more! Connect with Matt Higgins: Get “Burn The Boats”: https://www.amazon.com/Burn-Boats-Overboard-Unleash-Potential/dp/006308886X Matt on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/matt-higgins-rse/ Matt on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mhiggins/ Matt on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mhiggins/0 comments0
- Q&A with The Sasha Group: Scaling Your Media Team, There’s No Cheat Code to Content Marketing, Best Practices for Scheduling Posts on Social MediaWe love taking questions from our listeners and answering them in our episodes. In this episode of Building While Flying, Joe Quattrone, SVP at The Sasha Group, is back to answer some of YOUR questions! Topics in this Q&A include: Best approaches for a merger or buyout of competitors Attracting donors for your non-profit on social media How to gradually scale your media team Content marketing is hard work, there’s no cheat code Finding the best practice for scheduling posts on social media …and more! Like what you heard? Want to have YOUR questions answered on the podcast? Connect with us on Instagram , Twitter , Facebook , and/or Linkedin , and tell us what you want to know. Subscribe to Building While Flying so you don’t miss out on future episodes — including more Q&A’s! Connect with Joe: LinkedIn / Twitter0 comments0
- Q&A with The Sasha Group: The Impact of AI, Content Creation as an Introvert, Where Small Businesses Should Invest $5,000We love taking questions from our listeners and answering them in our episodes. In this episode of Building While Flying, Joe Quattrone, SVP at The Sasha Group, is back to answer some of YOUR questions! Topics in this Q&A include: Content recommendations to make your business more interesting The impact of AI on influencer marketing Quick hacks for creating content when you’re an introvert How to tell a manager they aren’t manager material Where Joe would invest $5,000 if he had a very small business …and more! Like what you heard? Want to have YOUR questions answered on the podcast? Connect with us on Instagram , Twitter , Facebook , and/or Linkedin , and tell us what you want to know. Subscribe to Building While Flying so you don’t miss out on future episodes — including more Q&A’s! Connect with Joe: LinkedIn / Twitter0 comments0
- Why Human-Written Copy Will Still Sell Better Than AI (Ken Moskowitz - Founder and CCO of Ad Zombies)SHOW NOTES: Ken Moskowitz, aka Spanky, is the founder and CCO of Ad Zombies, while also being the founder and business coach of the podcast EntreGrow. Spanky started his creative career in New York City and quickly rose to the top of the broadcast creative industry. He’s led rebranding efforts over the last three decades for many major and smaller brands such as the Indy 500, FritoLay, Samuel Adams, Coca-Cola, and M&M’s (Mars). In his conversation with Joe Quattrone, Spanky shares his creative journey and how he started his business by accident. Throughout the episode, he explains why he thinks human-written copy sells better than AI, what AI can be used for, and how storytelling is still the key to writing copy that sells. In-flight topics: Starting a business on accidents Human vs AI, who wins? Why the moment matters when choosing between human and AI What’s his ideal zombie? His book and learning from Gary Vee …and more! Connect with Ken Moskowitz: Ad Zombies Website: https://www.adzombies.com/ Ad Zombies on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/adzombies/ Ad Zombies on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/adzombies/ Ad Zombies on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/adzombies Ken Moskowitz on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/spankymoskowitz/0 comments0
- Building While Flying Jan 19 · 24m Helping Women Reach Their Web 3. and Blockchain Potential (Maggie Love - Founder of SheFi)Maggie Love is the founder of SheFi, a decentralized finance company and broader crypto educational initiative and community aimed at onboarding more women into the new financial economy enabled Web 3.0 and blockchain technology. Its goal is to empower more women into financial freedom. In her conversation with Joe Quattrone, Maggie shares how she got inspired to help women learn about the new wave of financial literacy. Throughout the episode, she explains why she thinks this is important, what goes on in their boot camps, and how she’s built her company in the midst of so much adversity in the world. In-flight topics: Her background and inspiration Helping people left behind catch up on financial literacy How her boot camps take women from zero to crypto confident Stitching together the educational and experimental components Building in the midst of adversity …and more! Connect with Maggie Love: SheFi Website: https://www.shefi.org/ SheFi on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shefi.crypto/ SheFi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/She__Fi SheFi on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/shefi/ Maggie on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/love.maggie_/0 comments0
- Making Travel Planning Actually Enjoyable (Sam Patil, Founder of Well Traveled Club)Sam Patil is the founder and CEO of Well Traveled Club, a members-only platform designed to reduce the pain of planning for travel and replace it with enjoyment. It is described as a home for a new generation of travelers, foodies, and adventure seekers. Well Traveled Club offers community perks and more to its growing membership. In her conversation with Katie Hankinson, Sam shares how she got into the travel space, especially during the pandemic. Throughout the episode, she explains why travel should be about people not features, the core pillars of the membership, and how it’s building a community. In-flight topics: Her background and starting in the pandemic Lack of women leaders in the travel space Travel is about people, not features Creating a home for middle-level travelers People are spending more on experiences than physical goods …and more! Connect with Sam Patil: WTC Website: https://www.welltraveledclub.com/ WTC on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/welltraveledclub/ WTC on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/welltraveledclub/ WTC on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@welltraveledclub0 comments0
- Why Companies Built by Women of Color Are The New Unicorns - Victoria Kennedy and Isabelle Seale (Seed to Harvest Ventures)Victoria Kennedy and Isabelle Seale are the co-founders of Seed to Harvest Ventures, a pre-seed and seed-stage fund that invests in software companies that are founded by women of color. They are product and design professionals with 10+ years of experience scaling products and teams for early to mid-stage startups. Now they are supporting founders who are historically overlooked by providing them with education, resources, and connections to scale their businesses. In their conversation with Katie Hankinson, Victoria and Isabelle share how they started partnering together and the goals of Seed to Harvest Ventures. Throughout the episode, they explain why they chose to focus on women of color, how to fundamentally change the tech ecosystem, and the future of investing. In-flight topics: Their backgrounds and how they started partnering together The unprecedented financial opportunity of women of color Fundamentally changing the tech ecosystem Being a different VC and changing the landscape The future of investing …and more! Connect with Seed to Harvest: STH Website: https://www.seedtoharvestvs.com/ STH on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sthventures/ Victoria on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/victoria-kennedy-10/ Isabelle on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/isabelleseale/0 comments0
- Showing Up in Your Business - Yasmin Nouri and Kaya Purohit, Beeya WellnessYasmin Nouri and Kaya Purohit are co-founders of Beeya, a wellness company helping women overcome hormonal imbalances using natural, food-based solutions. Inspired by their own struggles and seed-cycling journeys, Beeya is a simple way to support hormones and help women revolutionize their own health. In their conversation with Maribel Lara, Yasmin and Kaya share how Beeya was born and how their mission to support and educate women drives them each day. They discuss why education is such a huge pillar of their brand, and why it’s important for them to not be “gatekeepers” of their knowledge. They also share a look ahead for Beeya and talk about what excites them as they continue to grow their business. In-flight topics: Differentiating your business in a crowded landscape The value of education in your brand Strategies for a successful product launch “Showing up” in your business content Being open to pivoting in business Connect with Beeya Wellness: Beeya website: https://beeyawellness.com/ Beeya on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/beeyawellness/ Beeya on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@beeyawellness Yasmin Nouri on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yasminnouri/0 comments0
- This Social Entrepreneur Has Helped 50,000 People Around the World Hear for the First Time (Bridget Hilton, Founder of LSTN)Bridget Hilton is founder of LSTN Sound, an eight-figure social impact business that creates social change through the power of sound through the purchase of audio products via their website and retailers like Nordstrom and Whole Foods. Since its founding in 2012, LSTN has funded 20 missions to help more than 50,000 people around the world receive hearing aids through their partnership with the Starkey Hearing Foundation. In her conversation with Mickey Cloud, Bridget shares her journey from the mailroom at a record label to finding her purpose and founding LSTN with her co-founder. Throughout the episode, she emphasizes the cause behind her business and why she chose to pursue this path: her desire to help people hear music. Building a cause-based business isn’t an easy path, and Bridget shares important lessons she’s learned along the way. In-flight topics: Breaking into the entertainment industry Building a cause-based business Choosing DTC and partnerships over retail Selecting the right non-profit partner Having a strong support system …and more! Connect with Bridget Hilton: LSTN Website: https://lstnsound.com/ LSTN on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LSTN LSTN on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lstnsound/ Bridget on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bridgetlhilton/ Bridget on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bridgethilton/0 comments0
- Building Hospitality and Authenticity in the Family Business - Jelani & Danielle Jackson (Richie’s Chicken & Soul)Danielle and Jelani Jackson are owners and operators of Richie’s Chicken & Soul, a fast-casual soul-food restaurant based in the Cincinnati, Ohio, area. Danielle’s family originally started Richie’s in 1986, and she and Jelani joined the business in 2015 to understand the ropes of owning and growing a restaurant. In their conversation with Joe Quattrone, Jelani and Danielle share how they’ve evolved Richie’s over the last seven years, and what “Richie’s 2.0” looks like. They emphasize hospitality and authenticity both in-store and on their social media channels, and aim to create a memorable brand experience as well as delicious soul food. Above all, what makes Richie’s stand out, Danielle says, is their focus on their people and building an environment where people feel safe, supported, inspired to work hard, and are happy to be there. In-flight topics: Owning and operating a family business vs. a funded startup Learning curves from corporate to small business Supporting your team as humans Building hospitality in person and online Incorporating your values into your business …and more! Connect with Jelani and Danielle: Richie’s Chicken & Soul website: https://www.richieschicken.com/ Jelani on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jelani-jackson-6b534013/ Richie’s Chicken & Soul Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/richieschicken/0 comments0
- Building While Flying Nov 17 · 31m Leveraging Technology and Personal Experience to Bring Healthcare to All - Simmone Taitt, Founder/CEO of Poppy Seed HealthSimmone Taitt is the Founder and CEO of Poppy Seed Health, an on-demand telehealth platform offering support with doulas, midwives, and nurses for pregnant and postpartum birthing people. After cutting her teeth in retail and working for startups for over a decade, Simmone founded Poppy Seed Health in 2019 after her own experiences with pregnancy loss and lack of support afterward. In a year and a half, Poppy Seed Health has logged over 3 million minutes of chat time between doulas, midwives, nurses, and patients. In her conversation with Maribel Lara, Simmone shares her own heartbreaking story of pregnancy loss, and how that experience led her to become a doula and start Poppy Seed Health. She describes their in-depth beta testing process and how she and her team developed Poppy Seed Health to fill the gaps in mental and emotional healthcare during and after pregnancy. In-flight topics: Saying “yes” to opportunities How beta tests informed product development Leveraging technology to bring healthcare to rural areas Making accessibility a hallmark of your business What the future looks like for Poppy Seed Health Connect with Simmone: Poppy Seed Health website: https://www.poppyseedhealth.com/ Poppy Seed Heath Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/poppyseedhealth/ Poppy Seed Health on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/poppy-seed-health/ Simmone Taitt on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/simmonetaitt/ Simmone Taitt on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/simmone_taitt/0 comments0
- Putting the “Magic” Back in Drinking Coffee - Michael Sharon and Kal Freese (Taika)Michael Sharon and Kal Freese are co-founders of Taika, a new-wave beverage company that’s creating better coffee drinks that are better for you. Their goal with Taika products is to fuel creativity and reinvent the experience of drinking coffee. They met four years ago after long careers in other industries, and Taika was born shortly thereafter. In their conversation with Joe Quattrone, Michael and Kal share their stories of how they got connected and started building Taika together. Michael and Kal emphasize the importance of their community in building the brand, and how vital the feedback loop has been to Taika’s development. They also discuss the immense opportunities that exist with coffee and the beverage space, and how Taika can make an impact by fueling creativity around the world. In-flight topics: How Taika was born (1:10 - 5:00) What it means to be a “destination” company (5:35 - 6:50) Innovating through ingredients (7:00 - 9:55) Caffeine as a commodity (11:10 - 20:40) Pioneering a new category (20:45 - 21:57) Sourcing R&D through customers (25:55 - 27:55) Integrating Web3 and NFTs into the brand (29:22 - 33:32) Connect with Taika: Taika website: https://taika.co/ Taika Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/taika/ Michael on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelsharon/ Kal on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kalfreese/0 comments0
- Building a Community-Based Business Her Own Way - Gesche Haas, Founder and CEO of Dreamers & DoersGesche Haas is the Founder and CEO of Dreamers & Doers, a community and agile PR team amplifying extraordinary entrepreneurial women. As of this episode’s recording, Dreamers & Doers boasts a carefully curated membership of 35,000 entrepreneurial women globally. In her conversation with Maribel Lara, Gesche shares how her childhood and upbringing shaped her into the human and entrepreneur she is today. She explains how Dreamers & Doers was born and why their human-first approach has helped them grow into a global community of extraordinary female entrepreneurs. Gesche also provides insight into how they’ve curated their community over the years, and how that curation translates into growth. If you’re a woman entrepreneur and feel you might be a good fit for Dreamers & Doers, you can learn more and apply on their website . In-flight topics: Approaching “crossroads” in life and business Following your own path in business Choosing which business idea to pursue What growth looks like for Dreamers & Doers Strategically curating a community …and much more! Connect with Gesche Haas: Dreamers & Doers website: https://www.dreamersdoers.com/membership Dreamers & Doers Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dreamersdoers/ Dreamers & Doers LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/dreamersdoers/ Gesche Haas LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gesche/0 comments0
- Building a Business That Makes People’s Lives Better - Alison Cayne, Founder and CEO of Haven’s KitchenAlison Cayne is the founder and CEO of Haven’s Kitchen, a CPG brand that’s making home cooking more accessible and enjoyable. Haven’s Kitchen started as an in-person cooking school, and now includes a line of packaged sauces, tools, and apparel for home cooks. Over the last several years, Haven’s Kitchen has evolved based on customers’ needs and in response to the world at large. In her conversation with Katie Hankinson, Alison shares how she combined her passion for food and cooking with her desire to make people’s lives better into her career. She shares how Haven’s Kitchen transitioned from a fully in-person kitchen classroom to a direct-to-consumer CPG brand, thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic. Lastly, Alison and Katie dive deep into content and how a strong content strategy can build your brand and engage your audience. In-flight topics: Shifting to DTC during the pandemic Knowing your customers and audience Using content to educate your audience Developing an effective content strategy Knowing when it’s time to pivot in business …and more! Connect with Ali: Haven’s Kitchen website: https://havenskitchen.com/ Haven’s Kitchen YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/HavensKitchen/featured Haven’s Kitchen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/havenskitchen/ Haven’s Kitchen TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@havenskitchen Alison Cayne on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alison-cayne-223b0b14a/0 comments0
- 6 important lessons on entrepreneurship from Isabelle Steichen, co-founder and CEO of LupiiIsabelle Steichen is the CEO and co-founder of Lupii, a plant-based, sustainable food brand known for its protein bars and newly launched pastas. Lupii uses the lupini bean as its main ingredient and source of plant-based protein, and to create simple, sustainable, and delicious food to keep you going. After becoming “obsessed” with lupini beans and in-depth research, it became Isabelle’s mission to introduce this protein-packed bean to more people worldwide. She and her co-founder Allie Dempster then launched Lupii in January 2020. Isabelle’s conversation with Katie Hankinson is absolutely loaded with value and insights for entrepreneurs in all industries. Isabelle shares tons of advice on finding the right business partner with complementary skills and why she and Allie work so well together. She also discusses lessons she’s learned throughout her entrepreneurial journey: early R&D with actual customers, benefits of working with influencers, not rushing growth, and the “retail playbook.” Feeling snackish after listening to this episode? Lupii products can be found in 400 retailers nationally. You can locate your nearest Lupii products on their website . In-flight topics: Finding a business partner Refocusing on DTC during the pandemic Importance of transparency in building a brand Educating your customers through marketing Building authentic relationships with influencers Developing sustainable packaging Having a growth mindset as an entrepreneur …and so much more! Connect with Isabelle: Lupii website: https://getlupii.com/ Lupii on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/getlupii/ Isabelle on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/isabelle-steichen-she-her-1523b969/ The Plantiful Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-plantiful-podcast/id11572299590 comments0
No host has claimed this podcast yet, if you are the host you can verify ownership by claiming this podcast